Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018

It just keeps going, deeper and deeper

Marchand came in hot and a little late looking to light Bennett up, if he’s right on time Bennett doesn’t have time to get his hands up like that. He threw a punch out there, and Marchand unfortunately ran right into it. You can assume the worst about Bennett’s intentions while only watching it in super slo-mo. But thinking that was some master planned punch at real speed is nothing but assumption. Marchand came in looking to blow him up, and it backfired on him.
I know you’ll never see it that way, and that is fine. But, it’s about time to move on.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I don't think anyone is going to argue that the Panthers don't deserve to be winning. But it doesn't excuse the trash officiating, and it doesn't excuse the non-suspension of Bennett.

The Bennett non-suspension in particular is by far the worst I have ever seen in the 25 years of watching hockey. It's a clear as f***ing day sucker punch straight to the face that concussed and knocked a star player out of the series.

I was cheering for Florida going into the series. It improves our 1st round pick in the draft, and I like Tarasenko and Tkachuk. I also generally like how they play. But Bennett clearly crossed a line in a huge way that can't be excused. But I'm even more upset with the league for doing f*** all about it. I'm still mind blown that he didn't get suspended. I'm even more sketched out that the league withheld the alternate angle of the play.

I know everyone likes to say thing are rigged when they are frustrated and things don't go their way. But this is the first time I legitimately feel like there's something sketchy going on here.
I think he punched him in the temple area.

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Marchand came in hot and a little late looking to light Bennett up, if he’s right on time Bennett doesn’t have time to get his hands up like that. He threw a punch out there, and Marchand unfortunately ran right into it. You can assume the worst about Bennett’s intentions while only watching it in super slo-mo. But thinking that was some master planned punch at real speed is nothing but assumption. Marchand came in looking to blow him up, and it backfired on him.
I know you’ll never see it that way, and that is fine. But, it’s about time to move on.
As a bruins fan this is how I see it, any major “retribution” had to come last game if that’s the route the B’s wanted to go. They can try again if they feel so inclined next season. Teams usually don’t play chumpy in elimination games to not look even worse. It is what it is, hopefully the B’s use this to change the identity of the team and it ends up being a positive in the negative.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018

Who hid the tapes?

We here at hf boards have the same access to the angle as a league’s GM lmao

Rumor has it this guy is the head of the super-secret Panthers subterfuge division.
Allegedly he traveled with the team to Boston. It could’ve been him, perhaps.

• Haha

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008

Looks like he ATE John Travolta.

"Im sure everyone is wondering why I havent done anything."

No we havent, because nobody gives a shit about Fat Pat, and his 8 minutes TOI.

I'll be amazed if Maroon is still in the NHL next year, at least on a playoff caliber team. One thing when he was on the Bolts with his physical play/shit talking, but now he's just old there being a minus for the Bruins outside of one hit here and there.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Late or not, its a punch to the face. Pretty slick move though.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Wait, if you take away some penalties then there are less penalties? That's pretty amazing.

No one's saying there's a conspiracy, other than tongue in cheek FLA folks.

It's just how it goes sometimes you get the breaks sometimes you don't. Boston ain't getting em right now.

"We didn't see it but even if we did we didn't see anything wrong there" is pretty god damn funny even for this league.
Then maybe quit whining about the PP disparity?

Oh lordy it's gettin weird in here
:dunno:

Reactions: RogerRoger

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013

Sir, i will not rest until I uncover this cover up.

I feel like I’m in Scooby doo and I’m about to find the guy who hid the tapes and unmask him only for it to be Betman or Parros behind the mask.

• Haha

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
As a bruins fan this is how I see it, any major “retribution” had to come last game if that’s the route the B’s wanted to go. They can try again if they feel so inclined next season. Teams usually don’t play chumpy in elimination games to not look even worse. It is what it is, hopefully the B’s use this to change the identity of the team and it ends up being a positive in the negative.
Nope, I am all in on rabbit punching every Panther at full speed in first 10 minutes.

f***ing outrageous Sweeney didn't see that angle. f*** the NHL and Bennett.

Widdlez

Da Broons.
Apr 4, 2011
I think if you showed a layman the Bennet/Marchand play who has never seen hockey before that play they would almost definitely respond with "you surely aren't allowed to do that right, just a punch a guy in the face?" Thats how obviously wrong it was.

And the league is telling us thats a regular hockey play.

But hey some people actually believe that so :help:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I think if you showed a layman the Bennet/Marchand play who has never seen hockey before that play they would almost definitely respond with "you surely aren't allowed to do that right, just a punch a guy in the face?" Thats how obviously wrong it was.

And the league is telling us thats a regular hockey play.

But hey some people actually believe that so :help:
I am thinking...........you are not seeing the irony of all this, coming from the bruins fans??
Seriously.....

YukonCornelius

Apr 13, 2018
Hard hockey play...............it usually favors the Bruins............it didn't this time.
There was no intent, except on Marchand taking a run at Bennett.
This narrative that Marchand was taking a run super late and not just finishing a check is hilarious.

Reactions: TD Charlie

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Would they, though?

Not fighting you on that statement, but is there actual evidence that the other leagues would reverse a call/suspension days later?

The other leagues certainly mea culpa on *in game* wrongs all the time. NBA is particularly good about this. NHL, is notably bad at it.

I can't think of any relevant examples of suspensions being changed that don't have to do with something off the court/field/ice where it was essentially treated like a new incident when more evidence came to light.

It's just *weird* to have a new view come out after the fact that is the best view. I don't think it's nefarious, just incompetence.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I am thinking...........you are not seeing the irony of all this, coming from the bruins fans??
Seriously.....
We see the irony of you shit posting on every Bruins thread though, Habs fan. Same as the Leafs series. Marchand must have given you some next level PTSD :laugh:
L-Loser-Forehead-4147072235.jpg

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I'll be amazed if Maroon is still in the NHL next year, at least on a playoff caliber team. One thing when he was on the Bolts with his physical play/shit talking, but now he's just old there being a minus for the Bruins outside of one hit here and there.

He's Bruins own Ryan Reaves minus actually winning fights

I’ve literally been probably the most impartial bruins fan on this series. I grew up in sunrise and was a STH. The amount of reaching you’re doing instead of just stopping is hilarious. Someone tell Barkov to come get his boy.

Typical

Reactions: ShootIt

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
What part of punching somebody in the temple area is dangerous that people don't get
Everyone gets that, what you don’t get is that at the end of the day this is a job to most of these guys and they don’t have the same hate for each other the fans think or wish they had. No one on the bruins is going to punch a panther in the temple to injure them because they are either on the same national team, grew up playing together, or have respect for each other. Maybe years ago but it’s not like that anymore even when unfortunate or dirty things happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad