Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Regarding the goalie-interference goal, many Caps fans were immediately (and very painfully) reminded of this goalie-interference goal in Game 7 of the 2008 Quarterfinals against the Flyers. The goal counted. It was a brutal non-call. (IMO, even more egregious than the Bennett goal.)

Reactions: BTO

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
View attachment 869893
Maybe I missed it but are you talking about this one, where the pucks right there on his stick?

He gets hit before the pass even gets to him

IMG_3486.jpeg

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
Every Bruin fan has said the Panthers are better and deserve to be winning. There's tons of actual introspection. Bruins don't have the horses to overcome the Panthers, nvm panthers, the refs and the league. "Best players" lol. What best players? Swayman, sure.
That Pasta guy is pretty good.

He scored a great goal to open the scoring, if he played in 3rd period I couldn't tell.

I mean where was their captain!?!
Probably much like me, regretting life's decisions

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Boston challenged Bennett at least five times....
On fly bys, and chirps. They didn't even finish checks on him, lol, most fights aren't staged ones.

Take a guy to the boards, slash him in the legs and force him to go if you must, obviously you get extra minutes in penalties but he would not back down in a situation like that. Asking for, getting declined, and skating away, then doing nothing, does nothing. If they wanted to be under his skin, they could have got there.

They don't want it bad enough, and they are not going to intentionally shoot themselves in the foot, that much is obvious.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Wich bad non call led to Barkov's goal?
Yup. Barkov made a big boy play while none of our 3rd & 4th liners playing on the first 2 lines could. Have said that multiple times. That’s why we lost. Still doesn’t alter the fact that the refs and the league suck or that the panthers are dirty little diving pukes (well they’re not little, alas). Hey, why not? The league enables them after all.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
How is there not a thread on that clear goalie interference?

Absolutely insane game management. Rooting for Florida, but come on. Not sure how the league is gonna push gambling this much when results are clearly pushed in certain directions. I don’t think refs/league care who wins, but they want OTs and tied games.

Also, Bennett should be suspended, sorry. Clear sucker punch, playoff hockey is dope but there’s a line there.

Reactions: BTO and TD Charlie

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
I'm certain you're correct, but does that absolve him? How about McAvoy? DeBrusk? Zacha? Coyle?

Nobody showed up for Boston in the 3rd, when they needed it most, in a game they HAD to win, at home....2 shots.
Bruins went into full turtle mode after that blown call. Tbf the bruins aren’t close to the same caliber as Fla . Time for coaching change.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Bruins in 5, Florida can't handle the physicality
Road split, we got this!
They don't respect the code! Pasta isn't a fighter!
Pat Maroon is gonna send Tkachuk to the ER!
The refs f***ed us!
Injure their star players! f*** it! Retribution time!
BETTMAN SUNBELT CONSPIRACY
Dey ain't even got real fans <============= YOU ARE HERE
The Rangers are going to sweep them.
Pasta and McAvoy played so poorly because they were injured.
At least we beat the Leafs.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
Regarding the goalie-interference goal, many Caps fans were immediately (and very painfully) reminded of this goalie-interference goal in Game 7 of the 2008 Quarterfinals against the Flyers. The goal counted. It was a brutal non-call. (IMO, even more egregious than the Bennett goal.)

Wow. This league. Smh.

He gets hit before the pass even gets to him

View attachment 869902
Refs gave the Bruins one free shot then said that’s enough boys let’s play hockey. Then of course it was the Panthers who got the free shots. Or rather continued to get them. Got free dives too.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Then call 2 each

Time will tell. He could have dropped them, grabbed on, tumbled to the ice and it would be over.

Think about the license your suggesting be given to a player who “can’t fight” right now. He can do whatever he wants then, right? And not fight because of the finger?.

Would be like a guy coming back from a broken jaw, can’t fight, running around with no chance of retribution.

The very premise screams douche, and fits pretty well given his body of work.

Next year who’s he going to take on to end this…lindholm again?

Cmon man. Call a spade a spade. He’s a good player, he’s tough as nails, he has high compete level and wants badly to win. A plus for any organization. And he’s a dirty dbag.
Should have been 2 each, I said it then, and will again, tough call, and I was happy for the kid he scored afterwards or Monty probably would have benched him the rest of the series.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Yup. Barkov made a big boy play while none of our 3rd & 4th liners playing on the first 2 lines could. Have said that multiple times. That’s why we lost. Still doesn’t alter the fact that the refs and the league suck or that the panthers are dirty little diving pukes (well they’re not little, alas). Hey, why not? The league enables them after all.
Singing along to an old STP song again this morning, I see. ;)

Are you hearing yourself? Good lord.

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
Bruins in 5, Florida can't handle the physicality
Road split, we got this!
They don't respect the code! Pasta isn't a fighter!
Pat Maroon is gonna send Tkachuk to the ER!
The refs f***ed us!
Injure their star players! f*** it! Retribution time!
BETTMAN SUNBELT CONSPIRACY
Dey ain't even got real fans <============= YOU ARE HERE
The Rangers are going to sweep them.
Pasta and McAvoy played so poorly because they were injured.
At least we beat the Leafs.
Too bad you needed the refs

• Haha
Reactions: RogerRoger and BB79

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
I'm certain you're correct, but does that absolve him? How about McAvoy? DeBrusk? Zacha? Coyle?

Nobody showed up for Boston in the 3rd, when they needed it most, in a game they HAD to win, at home....2 shots.
DeBrusk, Zacha and Coyle are 3rd-line talents. McAvoy is having an atrocious playoffs. Wasn’t any better against the leafs. Actually he was worse.

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
Coaching change or GM change? Can only go so far when C depth is just Coyle, Zacha and Geekie(?)
Sweeney has been fine overall. Monty panicked like 13 yr old girl multiple times this post season, plus theyve had 5 too many men penalties this post season. Not to mention this 2nd yr in row the bruins have gone ass up in the physical dept to Fla, this is a coaching issue imo . Time to send him packing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad