Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Anyway hopefully Boston can pull their heads out of their asses and win game 4, but I’m not going to sit here and whine that the Panthers bullied them up and down the ice. I’m going to complain that the Bruins let themselves get bullied up and down the ice. But they were never going to do anything about it because they’re not built that way anymore. God only knows why. Probably because of some politically-correct myth about a “new NHL” - small, speedy and skilled rather than big, mean and nasty. f*** that. I’ll take the latter please. Like how we used to be. But no one on those teams ever had any fear of answering the bell because it was somehow beneath them. Thachuk and Bennett would have been fed their teeth several times over by now.

I agree that the Bs of old would have tried to take that tact. But seems in the 13 years since 2011 things have changed. Imagine Lucic, Chara, mcquaid, Horton, Thornton against these punks? They’d still poke the goalie, cross check someone after they scored, etc and when taken to task they’d turtle, flop, and Maurice would cry to the refs. As much as we might temporarily enjoy the push back, I wonder if it would play out in the panthers favor.

Being accountable, accepting a challenge when you’ve stepped over the line, that’s not as prevalent anymore. With the panthers it’s almost like they embrace douchery. Like it’s a badge of honor, the more dishonorable the better.

All this said, they are in my mind much better than the bruins and if they win the series it’s not because of thuggery.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Yeah, that ‘accidental’ punch to the head Bennett keeps ‘getting caught in’ doesn’t seem so accidental when it keeps happening.
All you Panther fans laughing all over the place, you don’t think that Thachuk and Bennett are sneaky dirty? I’m a Bruin’s fan, and like most Bruins fans, I’m well aware that Marchand is sneaky dirty (and not even always that sneaky), although somewhat less so than he used to be. But no, the Panthers are f***ing angels lmao.

I agree that the Bs of old would have tried to take that tact. But seems in the 13 years since 2011 things have changed. Imagine Lucic, Chara, mcquaid, Horton, Thornton against these punks? They’d still poke the goalie, cross check someone after they scored, etc and when taken to task they’d turtle, flop, and Maurice would cry to the refs. As much as we might temporarily enjoy the push back, I wonder if it would play out in the panthers favor.

Being accountable, accepting a challenge when you’ve stepped over th line, that’s not as prevalent anymore. With the panthers it’s almost like they embrace douchery. Like it’s a badge of honor, the more dishonorable the better.

All this said, they are in my mind much better than the bruins and if they win the series it’s not because of thuggery.
Those Bruins teams wouldn’t have lost to St Louis in 2019.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018

Being accountable, accepting a challenge when you’ve stepped over the line, that’s not as prevalent anymore. With the panthers it’s almost like they embrace douchery. Like it’s a badge of honor, the more dishonorable the better.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut

Or this Florida team perhaps. That was a deep, skilled, physical squad. But that’s then this is now. Bruins can only take care of their own business best as possible and hope for some breaks against the vaunted panthers.

Reactions: BTO

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
All you Panther fans laughing all over the place, you don’t think that Thachuk and Bennett are sneaky dirty? I’m a Bruin’s fan, and like most Bruins fans, I’m well aware that Marchand is sneaky dirty (and not even always that sneaky), although somewhat less so than he used to be. But no, the Panthers are f***ing angels lmao.

They play with an edge. It’s funny how twisted other fans get over it, while cheering on any one on their team who will bring that same element to their team.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
They play with an edge. It’s funny how twisted other fans get over it, while cheering on any one on their team who will bring that same element to their team.
Get used to it. We’ve been dealing with it since 2010, or rather forever, even when we haven’t been that team for years. You guys have the reputation now. Enjoy!

Edit: but at least those teams would fight. Let’s see Bennett fight Rempe next round lol. He might not be given a choice.

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
Casey Affleck said it best, we lost to a hockey team... from Florida.....

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
He took a swipe at a goaltender. It didn’t connect. He might not have wanted it to connect but just took a swipe hoping to get the Bruins riled-up, which it did. God forbid the Bruins be allowed to defend their goaltender without getting penalized for it. What are they supposed to do? Stand around watching while guys take a swipe at their goaltender?

This is exactly the problem with the league: the refs and the league are incapable of policing matters and then when you try to police them yourself you get penalized for your trouble. NHLOL.

That’s really what you get from that? He was swiping at the puck.

Reactions: Vilam

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Get used to it. We’ve been dealing with it since 2010, or rather forever, even when we haven’t been that team for years. You guys have the reputation now. Enjoy!

Edit: but at least those teams would fight. Let’s see Bennett fight Rempe next round lol. He might not be given a choice.
Bennett can fight, he's fast and hits hard, Rempe's big but doesn't protect himself very well. That said, we also have Gadjovich.

Reactions: Vilam and BTO

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
People who’ve been following hockey for only a few years would compare those things
Just going off HF join dates he seems to be following hockey for longer than you, at least on these boards anyways.

Why is this the go to insult when referring to fans of Southern teams? Weaksauce.

Can't disprove his points so you belittle his fandom?

Just being a fan of an O6 team doesn't gift you anymore knowledge or passion for hockey or for your team than any other fanbase. You literally have no clue what you are talking about in regards to our fans/fanbase. You should stop.

Last edited:

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
There is something kinda therapeutic about missing the playoffs a few years and not getting into these arguments. I am not judging it, I am just as bad as anyone else. But it's kind of nice to sit back and observe it for a while. Or maybe that's just what I tell myself?
It's like being the 1 sober person at a party. Can be fun in a different way.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

Too on the nose that Bennett and Tkachuk's fights against the bruins have been against guys who've never fought before.

He'll get challenged by Frederic early, try to draw a call, skate away, bump Swayman and try to draw another. FLA fans will think it's brilliant.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
To on the nose that Bennett and Tkachuk's fights against the bruins have been against guys who've never fought before.

He'll get challenged by Frederic early, try to draw a call, skate away, bump Swayman and try to draw another. FLA fans will think it's brilliant.

Funny that you talk so much crap with the biggest rat in the league on your team, skating around slew footing and licking people. Perfect captain for that team and their fan base.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
My pick of the Bruins in six looks really bad right now. They’ve been literally killed these last two games.

Reactions: Banjo Cat

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
Too on the nose that Bennett and Tkachuk's fights against the bruins have been against guys who've never fought before.

If The Panthers draw a penalty and score on the resulting PP, then yes, it will be brilliant. I don't know
how "you do whatever it takes" gets misunderstood when it comes to something you want so badly
that you'd do anything for.

All teams do this. It's The Cup.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If The Panthers draw a penalty and score on the resulting PP, then yes, it will be brilliant. I don't know
how "you do whatever it takes" get misunderstood when it comes to something you want so badly
that you'd do anything for.

All teams do this. It's The Cup.
Ok just don’t complain when people call the panthers out for being spot picking rats, that’s all!

For instance I do not complain when ppl call Marchand a rat. It is what he is, he is the rat gawd. This may actually be a passing of the rat god torch to Tkachuk tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad