Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Barkovs game is a skill one and being the best defensive forward in the league. Why would he handicap the team and get your building into the game as it just starts? He stood up on the score board and by shuttung your guys down. He stood up just fine, lol. The Bruins tried to get him on late hits, scrums around the net etc. Nothing fazed him.

Pasta could have easily remembered all these things too. He felt he needed to make a statement, the Bruins simply didn't respond to make it worth something.
Of course, I keep saying I understand why he declined. I don't understand why it's so bothersome for you to accept that he could have stood up for himself and his club there and didn't. I think we both agree he's just not that kind of elite player- few are.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Yes, that wasn’t a dumb penalty, shit happens when trying to lift opponent’s stick.
But, it was a penalty, not some conspiracy against the Bs.
I’ll never understand people who think the number of PPs should always be even.

Yeah the timing of the penalties for Boston was awful. They had started gaining momentum when Geekie had the late hit. That was dumb. They had really started gaining momentum when the unlucky double minor hit. That sucks. The Lauko call was awful, and the Bruins did show some push back in the third there, but the game was really already decided baring an epic collapse when that happened. Does suck to feel like that chance was taken away, though.

But, regardless, it would have been Boston somehow stealing one. Florida obviously was far superior in the game.

Reactions: Mase

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Of course, I keep saying I understand why he declined. I don't understand why it's so bothersome for you to accept that he could have stood up for himself and his club there and didn't. I think we both agree he's just not that kind of elite player- few are.
No, you obviously don't understand why he didn't accept, and why Pasta felt he had to.

Circumstances in the games were much different. Barkov hasn't been bullied and embarrassed. Pasta not so much. Pasta felt he needed to spark his team, Barkov was under no misconception.

You trying to frame it as him not standing up for himself, and we being apparently upset about it, is where it all goes off the rails.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I will say this though if there ever comes a day where Barky drops them, the bench would go ape shit in support of him being willing to do it.

Panthers fans have always wanted to see him pissed off. He only recently started even doing goal celebrations, after only 10 years lol, he is a bull in a china shop without that dimension, we would all love it if it ever happened.

But that was not a situation it was ever going to happen, lol.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
No, you obviously don't understand why he didn't accept, and why Pasta felt he had to.

Circumstances in the games were much different.

You trying to frame it as him not standing up for himself, and we being apparently upset about it, is where it all goes off the rails.
He didn't accept because what they're doing as a team is working, he's not going to take himself off the ice for 5 min, he's not going to hand any kind of momentum to start the first game in Boston, he's never fought in his career. Think that pretty much covers it.

I get why they offered and why he said no.

There are plenty of reasons Pastrnak could have said no too.

I will say this though if there ever comes a day where Barky drops them, the bench would go ape shit in support of him being willing to do it.

Panthers fans have always wanted to see him pissed off. He only recently started even doing goal celebrations, after only 10 years lol, he is a bull in a china shop without that dimension, we would all love it.
Totally agree. Maybe someday.

Would have made for a hell of a fun start to the game last night (and I know it was fun enough for FLA anyway yada yada yada).

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
He didn't accept because what they're doing as a team is working, he's not going to take himself off the ice for 5 min, he's not going to hand any kind of momentum to start the first game in Boston, he's never fought in his career. Think that pretty much covers it.

I get why they offered and why he said no.

There are plenty of reasons Pastrnak could have said no too.

Totally agree. Maybe someday.
That's also why the Bruins challenged him in that moment. Fake tough guy stuff, but he proceeded to win on the scoreboard instead.

Chirping him is not going to slow him down.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I don't get that though - it was fake because of the timing or that it wasn't a real offer?
Timing, no way he of all people and in that moment of the game was it going to happen.

They tried intimidating him, it didn't work, obviously.

I have no doubt they would have loved to get him in a fight early in the game in hopes it affected the rest of the game, and got the crowd rolling. Barky had business to take care of instead.

It's like challenging Verhaeghe, and thinking the rest of the team was scared because he declines, lol

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC

Clearly you don’t understand.

Seriously….no offense there, but I think you (you and some other Bruins’ fan) really need to take few deep breathes and cool down. You are embarrassing yourselves.

It was funny at first, now it’s sad.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Timing, no way he of all people and in that moment of the game was it going to happen.

They tried intimidating him, it didn't work, obviously.
That wasn't intimidation both guys accepted his "no". It's not like they were threatening him.

If they think that's intimidation then it's a pretty insecure bunch. I think they're smarter than that. They gave him a chance he declined, that's all it was.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
That wasn't intimidation both guys accepted his "no". It's not like they were threatening him.

If they think that's intimidation then it's a pretty insecure bunch. I think they're smarter than that. They gave him a chance he declined, that's all it was.
What do you suppose they were saying and attempting to do then when you say they offered the fight and he declined?

"Barky full respect to you, you are one of my favorite players, wanna fight about it?"

If not intimidation what was the goal there?

First you said he declined the fight, wouldn't stand up for himself, and we fans were mad about it, now it's no big deal he declined whatever they weren't trying to do anything anyways why so insecure...

Which is it?

Last edited:

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
To call us the dirtiest team in the league is funny. I’m literally watching Boston throw temper tantrums every shift when things don’t go their way. Florida just plays hard and we got jam to our game. None of our players go out there throwing slew foots. They play on the edge but dirty is a hilarious stretch
No team in todays game is truly “dirty” in a traditional sense of the word but no teams can piss off opponents like Florida. They’re a chippy team of agitators who play on the edge and cross it from time to time.

It’s not an insult, I’m just saying they’re a tough team to play against. Constantly being on that line to me is dirty. It’s also how you win in the playoffs and I respect them for it. They’re under bostons skin big time

Jacob Trouba: "Challenge accepted".
Jacob Trouba - “hold my elbow and watch this”

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
What do you suppose they were saying and attempting to do then when you say they offered the fight and he declined?

"Barky full respect to you, you are one of my favorite players, wanna fight about it?"

If not intimidation what was the goal there?

First you said he declined the fight, wouldn't stand up for himself, and we fans were mad about it, now it's no big deal he declined whatever they weren't trying to do anything anyways why so insecure...

Which is it?
The goal was to spark the crowd and the club. They gave him a chance to stand up for himself and his team and answer like Pastrnak did when asked. He said no and the game went on. No big deal, he doesn't do that sort of thing.

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
The goal was to spark the crowd and the club. They gave him a chance to stand up for himself and his team and answer like Pastrnak did when asked. He said no and the game went on. No big deal, he doesn't do that sort of thing.
So close to having it right and then you twist it a bit.

Knowing the situation in the game and series, the only team that could have benefitted from that game 3 fight offer was Boston, that's exactly why he declined.

Pasta fought because they had gotten handled and was trying to get the boys rallied for game 3.

Two completely different scenarios.

I don't think Pasta is tougher than Barkov or vice versa. Barkov had no reason to risk it at that time, both fights were meant to spark Boston not Florida.

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
No team in todays game is truly “dirty” in a traditional sense of the word but no teams can piss off opponents like Florida. They’re a chippy team of agitators who play on the edge and cross it from time to time.

It’s not an insult, I’m just saying they’re a tough team to play against. Constantly being on that line to me is dirty. It’s also how you win in the playoffs and I respect them for it. They’re under bostons skin big time

Panthers management kina figured this out after The President's Trophy team got bounced by Tampa
in 4.

Skill is great, but it will only take you so far, timely goaltending, sound defensive structure, and a strong forecheck...if you have the personnel to do it...can be sustainable and repeatable.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Again, knowing the situation in the game and series, the only team that could have benefitted from that fight was Boston, that's why he declined.

Pasta fought because they had gotten handled and was trying to get the boys rallied for game 3.

Two completely different scenarios.

I don't think Pasta is tougher than Barkov or vice versa. Barkov had no reason to risk it at that time, both fights were meant to spark Boston not Florida.
Pastrnak wasn't rallying anyone in that game - what's he going to spark at that point in that game in that arena? He didn't initiate it, he answered Tkachuk's challenge.

He was just standing up for himself and showing he's all in. That goes a long way with a team.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida

But that is different than Florida actively going out trying to hurt people. No one is denying Florida is hard to play against. They do all the little aggravating crap that gets under people’s skin. That being said, they are not “hurting” anyone.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Pastrnak wasn't rallying anyone in that game - what's he going to spark at that point in that game in that arena? He was just standing up for himself and showing he's all in. That goes a long way with a team.
So the guys would be all in, in game 3, to show the rest of the group, this is how you have fight for it, not literally fight, but keep yourself in the fight.

They were battered and embarrassed and Pasta wanted to set the tone for the next game. The same tone Coyle/Marchy wanted to set to begin game 3, the same tone HFBruins wanted to set by wanting to injure guys and start a 70s line brawl to start the game.

They were embarrassed and wanted to push back, and it got worse not better IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad