Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cats711

Apr 24, 2022
UK
I still think Florida wins this in 5 games especially if Marchand is out for extended time. Swayman had his Cinderella run, he’s let in 10 goals in the last 2 games. He’s come back down to earth and looks very beatable now.
Let in 9, 4 in game 2 before he was pulled, 5 last night, Reinhart empty net.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Bruins need some super powers to get back in this serie, Fla has solved swayman, Lets see if ullmark can steal 1 too, expect him in game 4.

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
As a leafs fan, I’m glad to d leafs didn’t make it to round 2 to face this panther team. They’re the dirtiest team in the league and they look unbeatable. They would have swept the leafs and then the leafs would have doubled down on the same core and coach because of their first round win lol

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Bruins have managed 31 shots in the last two games and you are worried about a missed icing call?
Who's worried? It was just icing, got to think they weren't watching that play at all to have missed it.

Shots aren't the problem it's just about everything else leading up to em.

Last night was a PP win for FLA and they've had plenty of chances to crack that. Boston can't get in any rhythm playing short handed so much. What's the PP differential in this series, 2-1, 3-1?

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
As a leafs fan, I’m glad to d leafs didn’t make it to round 2 to face this panther team. They’re the dirtiest team in the league and they look unbeatable. They would have swept the leafs and then the leafs would have doubled down on the same core and coach because of their first round win lol
To call us the dirtiest team in the league is funny. I’m literally watching Boston throw temper tantrums every shift when things don’t go their way. Florida just plays hard and we got jam to our game. None of our players go out there throwing slew foots. They play on the edge but dirty is a hilarious stretch.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1715430068966.png

1715430086355.png

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
To call us the dirtiest team in the league is funny. I’m literally watching Boston throw temper tantrums every shift when things don’t go their way. Florida just plays hard and we got jam to our game. None of our players go out there throwing slew foots. They play on the edge but dirty is a hilarious stretch.
Panthers are the team everybody wishes they had going into play offs.
They lost to lightening again a few seasons ago after a dominating regular season. Management said that's enough!! We need to build our team for play off hockey. That doesn't mean tweaking the bottom six and third pair. Lots of teams talk about change but won't touch their core. Panthers traded away a 115 point player they knew they would never win with. Along with a very high rated Dmen. Landed Matthew Tkachuk. Brought in a new coach. Changed their style. Barkov is a beauty captain , Tkachuk helps lead just as much. Like Chara and Bergevin in Boston. Duo captains.
Now they play a style that nobody wants to play against.
I took mainly Panthers in my pool with a few Dallas Stars.
Teams built for play offs.
Panther fans are happy fans .....for good reason!

Last edited:

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Coyle and Marchand both asked Barkov to go at the start of the game (which would’ve pushed the Panthers that much more so kinda weird), Geekie bends him over the net, Lindholm shoves him in the neck when he’s down, amongst a few things…but somehow the Panthers are an irrationally dirty team. It’s the playoffs, this is playoff hockey.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Don't worry, with Shanahan coming back, that is exactly what will happen. Keefe was a problem sure, but not THE problem, the core 4 rule the roster until they say otherwise, enabled for years by the FO.

I don't see JT or MM waiving anything, and they won't have the stones to put them in the pressbox, maybe I am wrong.

Last edited:

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Coyle and Marchand both asked Barkov to go at the start of the game (which would’ve pushed the Panthers that much more so kinda weird), Geekie bends him over the net, Lindholm shoves him in the neck when he’s down, amongst a few things…but somehow the Panthers are an irrationally dirty team. It’s the playoffs, this is playoff hockey.
Dumbest fake though guy shit. There’s literally no reason for our best player to have his first ever fight at the opening faceoff.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Some teams like to ring the bell but don't answer it themselves. Hey it works for FLA so why would they do anything different.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Who's worried? It was just icing, got to think they weren't watching that play at all to have missed it.

Shots aren't the problem it's just about everything else leading up to em.

Last night was a PP win for FLA and they've had plenty of chances to crack that. Boston can't get in any rhythm playing short handed so much. What's the PP differential in this series, 2-1, 3-1?
Outside of the obviously sketchy call on the GI, which penalties are you mad about? Bs taking a lot of stupid penalties, like too much man on ice, trying to be tough and running at Barkov long after puck was gone. The penalty trouble is their own doing. Please stop, it’s a bit embarrassing, and the Leafs fans are wanting their book o’ excuses back.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Outside of the obviously sketchy call on the GI, which penalties are you mad about? Bs taking a lot of stupid penalties, like too much man on ice, trying to be tough and running at Barkov long after puck was gone. The penalty trouble is their own doing. Please stop, it’s a bit embarrassing, and the Leafs fans are wanting their book o’ excuses back.
What excuses? It's pretty objective that they're short handed way too often and way more than FLA and it's costing them. You can justify it however you feel you need.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Chucky asked Pasta to go he said yes with the game out of hand. At 0-0, opening faceoff that fight doesn't happen regardless of the hard feelings, guys are trying to win the game first.
Oh I get why he said no, and why answering the bell isn't as easy as ringing it. And again it works for them so why would they change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad