Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
If Boston wants to step up and clog the neutral zone, we need to chip and chase and make the Dmen hear footsteps.

Same as last year. Nobody bullied anyone last year, we simply were relentless.

Florida's aggression./physicality won them the series last year IMO, Bergeron's re-aggravating his herniated disk, Krejci shoulder injury(couldn't take faceoffs) were casualty's from Florida's well executed aggression. It probably had to do with those 2 players age/mileage but nonetheless their strategy worked and props to them for exploiting the Bruins.

This year the Bruins injected youth/size and that same strategy won't win the series IMO. It feels like Sweeney's roster choices/changes was a direct response to last years series, albeit he probably didn't have many choices lol.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Amusing the obituaries being written, but Boston knows better than to think we will go away quietly, if not, game 2 is a great opportunity to remind them.
No one I know (and I know many Bs fans both here and at the Garden) think the Bs have this...yet. Most are just happy the Bs made it to round 2.

Monty's third period timeout shows his concern even up 3-1.
I thought the time out was brilliant.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
@Idiot Stick @Gentle Man @Chaos2k7

So was that the same "standing on his head" that Bob did against Tampa?

Like I said, Bob is having an average at best playoff so far and Swayman is channeling his inner 93 Roy. If there's a path for the Bruins to win the series it's the advantage in net.
Which softies did he give up?

Goal one, the clear deflects off the linesman and pops out to the middle

Goal two, was a defensive breakdown and a seeing eye shot short side under the bar

Goal three, he was screened by Ekblad taking Marchand in front of the net, but the forwards were caught pick watching below the goal line and allowed Carlo to walk in to the top of the circle

Goal 4 could have been an offensive zone high stick, but it resulted in a partial breakaway and a fantastic move by Brazeau to the back hand.

Goal 5 empty net.

Swayman was much busier and had the more dangerous shots against, we missed some open nets, and he made the saves he needed to.

It happens.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
@Idiot Stick @Gentle Man @Chaos2k7

So was that the same "standing on his head" that Bob did against Tampa?

Like I said, Bob is having an average at best playoff so far and Swayman is channeling his inner 93 Roy. If there's a path for the Bruins to win the series it's the advantage in net.
Each goalie didnt make a save when they had a bad turnover in their zone

We just turned it over more

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
No one I know (and I know many Bs fans both here and at the Garden) think the Bs have this...yet. Most are just happy the Bs made it to round 2.

I thought the time out was brilliant.
It was great timing, I agree. But he didn't call it because he was content with the way they were playing.

The score was 5-1 but we were not dominated lol. Shot ourselves in the foot all night. We will be better, I don't think anyone thinks differently. Do we win the series, who knows, but if we get to Boston 1-1 we will be fine, we won 3 games there last year. And we are a better road team for some reason.

Gonna be a much tighter series.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I expect Florida to wake up in game 2. I just hope the Bs keep that confidence and swagger.

I feel good today after reading that the Bs were done and did not have a chance.

GO BRUINS

It was great timing, I agree. But he didn't call it because he was content with the way they were playing.

The score was 5-1 but we were not dominated lol. Shot ourselves in the foot all night. We will be better, I don't think anyone thinks differently. Do we win the series, who knows, but if we get to Boston 1-1 we will be fine, we won 3 games there last year. And we are a better road team for some reason.

Gonna be a much tighter series.
Of course not....usually a coach doesn't call a time out when all is good.

Reactions: lopey and Chaos2k7

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
oddly eerie similarities these playoffs
Boston-Toronto goes exactly like it did previously

and panthers lose game 1 vs boston without Bennett

I dont really want another game 7 lol, change something up hockey gods

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I expect Florida to wake up in game 2. I just hope the Bs keep that confidence and swagger.

I feel good today after reading that the Bs were done and did not have a chance.

GO BRUINS

Of course not....usually a coach doesn't call a time out when all is good.
TDCharlie was saying differently lol

He was concerned, he made the right call.

Just as silly as predicting a sweep, is thinking that game was completely one sided in favor of Boston.

Your guys earned the win. They took advantage of our mistakes, and we didnt get it done on the other side. Now we need to respond.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Game 1 Bruins win 5-1, outshot but Swayman stands tall.... almost a carbon copy of game one vs leafs

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Most anyone who was expecting a cake walk cheers for a team North of the border.
If you read through posts from Bruins fans you will find that to not be true.

No Bs fan I know were/are expecting this series to be easy...in fact most don't/didn't expect the Bs to win.

I expect the next game to be far different. Getting a split in Florida isn't too bad but I (of course) would love to go to the game Friday night up 2.

I will not feel confident until there are handshakes on the ice but of course us Bs fans are pleased about that game 1.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Goal 4 could have been an offensive zone high stick, but it resulted in a partial breakaway and a fantastic move by Brazeau to the back hand.
I hate being upset by this miss because it was behind the play and had nothing to do with the turnover that caused the breakaway, but man 3-1 with a PP looks a lot better than 4-1. Oh well. Meciocre performance gets mediocre results.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
If you read through posts from Bruins fans you will find that to not be true.

No Bs fan I know were/are expecting this series to be easy...in fact most don't/didn't expect the Bs to win.

I expect the next game to be far different. Getting a split in Florida isn't too bad but I (of course) would love to go to the game Friday night up 2.
I am more speaking to Boston fans tagging our fans as if we were expecting it.

Respect to Boston, it wont be easy win or lose.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
It was a good game because neither team really brought their A game. I thought Boston gave up way more chances than they do when they're locked in.
I believe this is probably true, but I also expect us to probably out chance you guys most games. Your bottom 6 was great last night, but you will need that to continue.

Boston isn't built to come from behind, but they can get up early and hold a lead, that much is obvious.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Most anyone who was expecting a cake walk cheers for a team North of the border.

Both teams were in the running for the presidents trophy down the stretch. They finished within 1 pt of each other in the regular season.

I know a lot of Bruins fans are trying to paint this as some David vs Goliath fight so they can feel better if they lose or feel it’s some huge upset if they win.

But realistically this is a 50/50 series where if both teams play to their potential it’s going to come down to a coin flip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad