Pre-Game Talk: ECSF/ADF GAME 5 7:15 PM 5/4 - THE BEAR needs to defend the cave

Which team wins Game 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I won't get to see this one, but i'll be going crazy while at work the whole time...

Cannot believe the Hurricanes are in the Eastern Conference Finals this year. That is not something I would've believed at the start of this season! But good for them I guess. I hope Boston can get there without another game 7. Team needs rest.

It was obvious the canes this year had a talented young team.i am not surprised they made the playoffs But beating Washington and finishing the isles in 4....no way BUT if the bruins get past columbus. The Buck stops here for the Canes. However if columbus happens to win series then it just continues to add to this years playoff unpredictable craziness .

Last edited:

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Hope you're right about the Bruins and the Canes, Marco....I'm worried this lack of rest is going to hurt Boston if they can't finish this in 6 games. Hell, even 6 games is still two more the Canes don't have to play..

These ain't spring chickens we're talking about. Boston's dealt with it all year. I've heard the Canes have had some struggles with injuries as well though

Reactions: smithformeragent

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Better win tonight and just play Bruins hockey and like I said before the last game just slow it down and screen Bobrovsky. Still hoping to see Clifton get the game winning goal.
Even though they won, Columbus is outplaying them. They better show up or it’s over in Columbus for them.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Woke up feeling good. The first thing on my mind was tonight's game and a line from Ludmilla Vobet Drago in Rocky 4. "It will be a good victory."

20190504_075030.gif

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
I don’t want another repeat of what happened last series - having to win two elimination games in a row is taxing. Win tonight, win Monday, and have nearly a full work week before the ECF starts.

Game 6 is on Monday and you can fully expect the ECF to start on Thursday at the latest if the Bruins win in 6.
Even with a potential game 7 in San José on Wednesday, the NHL might start the ECF on the same day.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Game 6 is on Monday and you can fully expect the ECF to start on Thursday at the latest if the Bruins win in 6.
Even with a potential game 7 in San José on Wednesday, the NHL might start the ECF on the same day.

I thought that unlike the NBA, the NHL waited until the entire round was finished before starting the next one.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

I know it's been done in the NBA, starting the next round before the previous round is over, but I don't believe the NHL has ever started a round before the previous round is completely finished.

Very doubtful they start Round 3 before Round 2 is over.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
I know it's been done in the NBA, starting the next round before the previous round is over, but I don't believe the NHL has ever started a round before the previous round is completely finished.

Very doubtful they start Round 3 before Round 2 is over.

I thought it had been the case a few seasons ago. Checked it and I was wrong.
In some instances they even gave all 4 teams an extra day off.

But still, if the Bruins win in 6, they'll most likely have game 1 on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad