Pre-Game Talk: ECSF/ADF GAME 1 4/25 7:11 PM - Hello Columbus - NBCSN, CBC, SN(4K), TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Only change I would make it s Wagner for Kuhlman. Not seeing much from him at all. Not bad, just kind of there and barely touches the puck.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Only change I would make it s Wagner for Kuhlman. Not seeing much from him at all. Not bad, just kind of there and barely touches the puck.

Kuhlmans forecheck caused the Game winning goal. He stays, and so does nordstrom. They've earned it.

Reactions: Strafer

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Ok I need advice here, big time. I've never been in this situation before so I'm at a bit of a loss.

This past series, I wore one pair of socks for every win.
It took me a while to even figure out it was the socks. I didn't wear them in any of the 3 loses. What's more, because of the fact that I only wore them for 3-4 hours at a time, I didn't wash them. So yes, I've worn the same unwashed socks for about a total of 15 hours, across all the wins.

Do I wash them before next series? Or is that the worst idea ever? I have no idea if it's the socks, or the socks + unwashed. But those socks have not seen a single playoff loss.

The socks in question are pretty sweet. Unsafe language warning imgur.com/WbM3rkf (I had to remove the https:// because it's autoposting it)
Dude wash your socks! I shaved my playoff beard after game 5.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Game 1 Officials
Referees Francis Charron (6), Dan O'Rourke (9)
Linesmen Jonny Murray (95), Ryan Gibbons (58)

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
FFAD6A6C-6158-473A-9CF6-69532A59A999.gif
Torts bench antics crack me up . Hopefully we see quite a few of these

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I really don't know what to think or expect from this series. I didn't really get to see the series against Tampa so I'm not sure how that upset played out.

Looking at the stats, Vasilevsky was a hot mess, .853 sv pct is so bad it's shocking they didn't make a change. The 80's Oilers couldn't overcome that kind of goaltending.

CLB's PP was also almost unstoppable at 50%. I wonder how much of that was Vasilevsky's goaltending and how much was CLB's execution.

I know Fonzie's teams are generally considered strong shot blocking teams but they averaged about the same shots blocked per game as us so I don't see that as a huge advantage. Most of the team stats (takeaways, FO's, etc) were comparable.

Also, looking at the team stats, it's shocking how badly TB faired. Again, I don't know how much of that was TB sucking and how much was CLB executing but I generally look at takeaways as a measure of effort/compete level and Tampa was the worst in the first round (followed by PIT who was also swept). Makes me think that at least part of that first round result was due to Tampa just not being all in.

Reactions: jangerhofer

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
Respect due to Columbus for what they've been able to accomplish thus far. It's gonna be a battle against these guys. However, I don't fear them and if we play our game right, I like our chances, a lot! Confident not cocky for two reasons. 1). The games have yet to be played. 2). A lovely lady named karma. That being said, Let's Go, and handle some business in the process. B's forever!

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
This super quick turnaround is throwing me off. Definitely doesn't feel like there should be a game tomorrow

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I'm still running on the high of watching the team take out the Leafs and sending that delusional fanbase into yet another summer depression.

Against C-Bus, the Marchand/PLD rivalry will be something to keep an eye on. In one of the games this year, Marchand had him so worked up, PLD was stick swinging anytime Marchand skated by.

Reactions: Strafer

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Ok I need advice here, big time. I've never been in this situation before so I'm at a bit of a loss.

This past series, I wore one pair of socks for every win.
It took me a while to even figure out it was the socks. I didn't wear them in any of the 3 loses. What's more, because of the fact that I only wore them for 3-4 hours at a time, I didn't wash them. So yes, I've worn the same unwashed socks for about a total of 15 hours, across all the wins.

Do I wash them before next series? Or is that the worst idea ever? I have no idea if it's the socks, or the socks + unwashed. But those socks have not seen a single playoff loss.

The socks in question are pretty sweet. Unsafe language warning imgur.com/WbM3rkf (I had to remove the https:// because it's autoposting it)
NO DO NOT WASH. Invest in febreeze, incense, lysol, whatever you need to do to keep the family alive during these next few months. The socks CANNOT, MUST NOT, BE WASHED.

Reactions: Otherworld

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
One thing for sure for whatever reason the Bruins have owned Bobrovsky over the years even when he was winning his Vezina Trophy. Hopefully that continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad