Series Talk: ECSF/ADF - Columbus Blue Jackets (WC2) vs BRUINS (A2) - Series tied 2-2

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Super good match up for us compared to Toronto.

Beat em 2 out of 3 after they made all those changes.... important to win game 1 and hope that the rust outweighs the rest for CBJ. Bob has never been that good against us. Going to be a different series for sure... but I do like the matchup... I think the Bruins need to play their game and let CBJ try to adapt to beat us versus the other way around

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
This will be a great series. For them to sweep Tampa, they're for real. I think we match up better against them and we'll be able to dictate the pace a bit better than we could against the Leafs. We were playing more of their game, we have to play our game from here on out.

Bruins in 6 but it'll be some great hockey. Columbus is a fun team to watch and they definitely have a chip on their shoulder.

Reactions: BruinsFanMike82

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Yes the Blue Jackets are rested. On the other hand, they haven't played.

Different sports I know but I remember the 07 World Series- Colorado had blown by everybody and then had to wait for the Sox to win the ALCS. We all know what happened next. Waiting/resting cost Colorado its edge. It could happen to the Blue Jackets, who have never been here before.

Bruins in 6 at the most.

Reactions: Alicat

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

Hard to believe it's been 6 years since that series. I actually ran into Torts on Causeway Street the morning of one of the games and asked if I could get a pic with him. He just laughed at me and said "not with that thing on" (I was wearing a Bs windbreaker) and kept on walking towards the Garden. He's not everyone's cup of tea, but I think he's hilarious.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I think the Bruins win this in 6. I think it’s a better match up than Toronto. The only thing that scares me about them is they’re big and have some heavy horses up front that can cause problems for the defense.

I like our skill level a lot more, though.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
I don't know who he is but please don't Torey Krug us

Gavrikov just came over from Russia (like, literally after we beat Tampa). Led the KHL in plus-minus this season at +48. Really talented, but obviously a huge risk to insert him into the lineup with literally no NHL experience.

Think it should be a fun, physical series. Looking forward to it.

Reactions: sooshii

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Does Backes/Wagner draw back in for this series? Kuhlman out and who else though? Nordy was awesome in the Leafs series. Acciari was great

I'd go:
Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Mojo
Heinen-Coyle-Backes
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Acciari

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Does Backes/Wagner draw back in for this series? Kuhlman out and who else though? Nordy was awesome in the Leafs series. Acciari was great

I'd go:
Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Mojo
Heinen-Coyle-Backes
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Acciari
I'd dress one of Wagner/Backes over Nordstrom, but not Kuhlman to start. This isn't a knock on Nordy either, he was great last night.

Hasn't show up on the stat sheet, but Kuhlman's speed really helped the Bruins open the Leafs up a little bit in games 6 and 7.

CBJ plays that heavy game, so I think having another body who can hit on that 4th line would be helpful.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
It's an interesting series from a number of perspectives.

Columbus has had a week+ off. How rusty are they? Assuming they were on a hot streak against Tampa, will they be able to keep it up?

These teams have played 3 times in the last month of the season, but they also don't know each other as well as Toronto and Boston did. Columbus has been prepping for the Bruins for a week. How much will that help them?

I could see the series going any number of ways, whereas I thought we were almost guaranteed 7 games with Toronto.

One of the things with the Toronto series was that I didn't think there was much hate once Kadri was out. There were a few moments, but not much overall. I think with Columbus' style of play, there's going to be a lot of hate in this series, which usually brings out the Bruins' best.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I need a GDT theme. We legit have no animosity with this team.

Help a girl out please

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->