Series Talk: ECSF/ADF - Columbus Blue Jackets (WC2) vs BRUINS (A2) - Series tied 2-2

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This is a hard series to handicap.

I do know that just 3 weeks ago in a game Columbus needed to win ( it was their last home game ) the Bruins dominated.

Columbus is going to be rusty in Game 1 and I think the Bruins will win that, Game 2, however, might be the key :dunno:

There are 9 teams standing and EIGHT of them I can see winning the Cup (sorry Carolina). I can't fathom the Bruins taking Columbus lightly after how they dominated the Lightning.

Bottom line is the B's have more hockey to play.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I stayed away from this place because of all the negativity after game 5 but I never gave up hope. Quite a few of you guys should have to ask the real fans for your Bruins cards back.

@Mantis I know what you mean and it was frustrating to see a lot of longtime members of HF Bruins giving up after Game 5.

I attacked the negativity with the greatest jam band of all time - The Traveling Wilburys and we crunched out positive GDT's

I deliberately had breakfast in a Toronto diner that was used in a Leafs promo 2 years ago and used the hashtag

#standwitnesstomoreleafsmisery

57486260_10217602886556701_5213560384279019520_n.jpg

The people there mocked me.

But I kept the faith. :)

Last edited:

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
@Mantis I know what you mean and it was frustrating to see a lot of longtime members of HF Bruins giving up after Game 5.

I attacked the negativity with the greatest jam band of all time - The Traveling Wilburys and we crunched out positive GDT's

I deliberately had breakfast in a Toronto diner that was used in a Leafs promo 2 years ago and used the hashtag

#standwitnesstomoreleafsmisery

57486260_10217602886556701_5213560384279019520_n.jpg

The people there mocked me.

But I kept the faith. :)

Good tune! Would probably be even better if I did not have a drug test coming up...

Reactions: Fenway

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Their lines should look something like this:

Panarin-Dubois-Bjorkstrand
Dzingel-Duchene-Atkinson
Texier-Foligno-Anderson
Dubinsky-Jenner-Nash

Werenski-Jones
Kukan-Savard
Harrington-Clendening

Bobrovsky

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
With the way Columbus knocked Tampa out, and all the time they've had to rest, i'm worried. I would've liked Bergeron and other guys who are beat up to get som rest, but that's not happening now.

No choice. Go out there and get after them! I have always liked Columbus and hoped they would catch on and succeed sooner or later. I'm thrilled for them that they got this huge series win this year to start it off. That said, I want to see Boston get past them, and I think it's doable. It's just gonna take deep measures of grit and determination.

Reactions: Dueling Banjos

bruinsfan1970

Global Moderator
I think tonight's game Caps/Canes is an important one . If the Canes can knock out the Caps that would really be great as all the big teams would be eliminated as I hate when we play the Caps and Holtby. I like our chances so only 8 more W's until the finals. It may be wrong to think this far ahead but this is what makes the play-offs so great.

Reactions: BMC

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
Their lines should look something like this:

Panarin-Dubois-Bjorkstrand
Dzingel-Duchene-Atkinson
Texier-Foligno-Anderson
Dubinsky-Jenner-Nash

Werenski-Jones
Kukan-Savard
Harrington-Clendening

Bobrovsky
I, honestly, do not follow them at all. Consequently, I have zero idea about their D. Otherwise it is one solid lineup.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
The amount of joy I feel right now is scary. I might need help.

Should be a good one. Hopefully we have some more time and space compared to facing Toronto. Feels good to have depth production!

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
My main concern for this series is rest. They got a crap ton and we aren't getting any. Bergeron is definitely dealing with something (I think it might be a groin injury) and DeBrusk has seemed off since Kadri's bullshit.

At the same time I do think this is a better match up. For one I think Chara will be a LOT more effective. He was f***ing horrific against the Leafs. Columbus plays a much heavier game that I think Chara will respond well too. Carlo also.

Bobrovsky is going to be the key. If he plays at the top of his game there isn't a whole lot you can do - best goalie around IMO. But once his confidence is knocked he can't stop a beachball. Drive the net hard immediately and try and get him rattled.

Should be a fun series. I don't hate these guys so I might enjoy the series more lol.

I will be wearing my lucky pajamas!

Reactions: kjpm

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Bruins in 6 is my pick.

Roll the same lines at least for tomorrow then re-evaluate.

We need Carolina to win so they can get a 2 day break next week

Reactions: mg08

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
wish we had a few more days between series for the boys to rest. Plus I have junior national honor society induction ceremony tomorrow night for my daughter with a start time same as puck drop. going to have to be on media blackout until I can get home and watch. I will miss out on the GDT unless I can catch up but no idea how long the ceremony is.

InfernoOrangeSS

VERITAS AEQUITAS
May 22, 2006
Pelham, AL
It’s going to be a tougher series than some are giving it. Wish we had a little more rest, but it is what it is. This goes at least 6. Most likely 7. I think the Bruins will come out on top though.

Go Bruins!!!

Reactions: jangerhofer

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Miller vs McQuaid?

Jk I think McQuaid would wreck him but ya we could definitely use him.

Gonna be weird hearin McQuaids name again.

Edit: did not realize McQuaid has not even played these playoffs.
doubt you`ll hear Quaider`s name, likely not to see the ice unless an injury occurs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad