Pre-Game Talk: ECSF/ACF GAME 6 - Goodbye Columbus???

Which team wins Game 6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
My snarky waitress smiled and said '17 seconds' :rant:

59652856_10217709583064047_6568890761104850944_n.jpg

59494555_10217709591584260_4445565732914200576_n.jpg

WOW, not bad for 1982 prices!

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Feeling good tonight, I don't want to go to game 7 against this team. Our top line is awake again and that's bad news for every team left.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The last time the Bruins won a series in 6 games was all the way back in 2010 vs. Buffalo.

The last time the Bruins won a series in 6 games with the 6th game being on the road was waaaaaayyyyyyy back in 1991 when they Bruins captured their 1st round victory over the Hartford Whalers at the Civic Center.

They are due for both and they'll put the final nail in the CBJ coffin later tonight.

Reactions: rfournier103

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Lets end this tonight gentlemen. Tonight the magic number is 3! Why you ask? So far in this series...

Columbus GF/GP
W's = 2.4
L's = 1.9

Even in games they win they're barley managing over two goals scored. Their delta in scoring between W/L is a half a goal. In comparison, here is the same number for Boston

Boston GF/GP
W's = 3.6
L's = 1.5

^That's nearly a two goal swing for Boston compared to the half goal swing for CBJ.

Now Columbus is going to come out firing because it do or die. For many of these guys, they know this is the best chance they'll have at a cup. Its a pretty skilled team, but obviously a lot of major pieces could be gone in the off-season.

Get the first goal and then make them pay the price to play the puck. attack, attack, attack. This team is at its best when they are are playing aggressive vs what I call "playing not to lose"

During the last game in Columbus they showed Marchand sitting there with a half smile on his face while fans were doing their thing. He had a LOT of self control not turning around and saying or doing something. I don't know if this is unusual or if it's a usual practice but I can only imagine if some drunk were able to climb over the glass and get into it with him what he would do to him? I think deep down Brad would LOVE it if some moron crossed the line and dropped into his "trap" with him for only 15-20 seconds. Brad would pull the guys teeth and b**ch slap him into tomorrow. I'll bet it isn't that hard to vault over the glass though and the "fans" know that if one of them does that, no matter how drunk, they would be destroyed and then spend the night in jail or the hospital.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I'll be getting home from work with about 10ish left in the 3rd, depending on traffic. Here's to hoping to seeing a nice comfortable lead when I turn it on. Let's go boys, finish this!

I hope that it ends tonight. I have an association meeting Wednesday night and it will be from 4-10 PM since we have speakers lined up etc. I would be totally mentally absent if this happens.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
98.5 have not talked Bruins since around 7:30
The Boston sports stations are terrible
THIS^^^^ And when they do try to talk hockey/Bruins they butcher the **** out of it. The most aggravating part is that these talk show hosts know 10% of what the average poster here knows about hockey, the players, the arena's etc. They're woefully ignorant and simply muddle along bringing the conversation down to its lowest common denominator. Unless Bob Beers or Billy Jaffe are on it is simply pathetic and painful to listen to.

Reactions: The National

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Ohio ranks 8th for most obesed States in the US. With a footlong hotdog, Nachos and Popcorn with a beer all simultaneously been slammed into their mouths while hurling insults at Marchy he must be covered in some gross slimy food spit after his 2 minutes is up.

Gotta have a hobby I guess!:eyeroll:

Reactions: nORRis8

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I’m sensing a Bruins win.

Top line continues it’s recent resurgence.

Carlo and McAvoy being relied upon as the teams top defenders.

Tuukka will continue his dominance.

Charlie Coyle ready for another big performance in a series closing game

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
98.5 have not talked Bruins since around 7:30
The Boston sports stations are terrible

And when they do talk about it I want them to stop.

Zo & Bertrand touched on the pre-game presser where Marchy was a little “Crispy” towards one of their analysts. Gave some uneducated predictions and then moved on.

Terrible sports radio.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
And when they do talk about it I want them to stop.

Zo & Bertrand touched on the pre-game presser where Marchy was a little “Crispy” towards one of their analysts. Gave some uneducated predictions and then moved on.

Terrible sports radio.
They are bad.. They are NOT hockey guys .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->