ECSF: (1) Washington Capitals vs. (2) Pittsburgh Penguins | Capitals Lead Series 3-2

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Backstrom is a warrior. :thumbu:

And a whiner!!!

JK, but wanted to interject some fun in this thread

Said it in the other thread: difference this year is Holtby. Been waiting for him to crack and it hasn't happened. All those high danger chances in years passed ended up in the back of the net and Holtby just seemed so not confident. This year it's the opposite. He's been a tough nut to crack for the Pens

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Most NHL fan bases despise the Pens and their organized collusion with Uncle Gary. I may speak for others but that is how i feel.

I like how people think Gary Bettman runs the show. He works for the owners.

If Bettman is fixing matches to make the Penguins win games - and I sure hope he comes through in games 6 and 7 - it's because all the leagues owners including that of the Flyers and Capitals want him to do so. If that's the case you should probably stop supporting the Flyers since their pathetic ownership is complicit in this.

Syrinx

Jul 7, 2005
Cary, NC

If Bettman is fixing matches to make the Penguins win games - and I sure hope he comes through in games 6 and 7 - it's because all the leagues owners including that of the Flyers and Capitals want him to do so. If that's the case you should probably stop supporting the Flyers since their pathetic ownership is complicit in this.

Same with the Crosby lottery.

Anyone who thinks the league favors Pittsburgh should stop cheering for their team because their owner sucks and allows it to happen.

Reactions: thegr8one66

StateOfHexcellence

Mar 31, 2016
Ashes of Pattison

Typical response of a spoiled fanbase

Reactions: Alex1234
Dec 19, 2008
NoVA
It's fun when other fan bases take the heat off the Caps in this thread. However, I would just like to say, I will blindly agree with anything anybody says against the Penguins and fight that point to the death.

Reactions: Syrinx

Walt Comiskey

Feb 26, 2009
Along with the blatant pro Pen league office, I think most people are tired of the blatant homerism of Mcguire and Olczyk. Every time the Caps score, it's like someone crapped in their cornflakes. If the Caps win, I pray they don't do another game.

Gary Bets Man

"All bets are off."
Feb 4, 2015
Pens fans are so goddamn spoiled, when the slightest mis-step or bad play they make, they melt down like children throwing tantrums. Go read their fan forums for reference.
Have to agree with this. If pens start losing tonight, don't even look in there. It's not even funny how many of the Pens fans (overre)act when they're not winning two cups. Haven't stepped foot in there since 2015 because of the craziness.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
It will be a few years at the minimum.

It's possible, but far from a guarantee. Hell, I think Pittsburgh will still be in better shape than the Flyers 3 years from now.

Giroux will have to remember how to play in the playoffs, they will need to get a real coach and most of their prospects will need to pan out.

StateOfHexcellence

Mar 31, 2016
Ashes of Pattison
Now you just sound salty and jealous. Not a good look, even for a Flyers' fan.

No. I accept my team is building back up after sucking. Not jealous at all, especially for a team that tanked several seasons to guarantee #1 picks. Daddy Mario had a sweetheart deal to get his lost money back from the bankrupt pens. Why do you think he threatened to leave? He tried to force the league to give him everything. Now all the salt in the world wouldn't get me to change my mind on that.

Reactions: Alex1234

StateOfHexcellence

Mar 31, 2016
Ashes of Pattison
It's possible, but far from a guarantee. Hell, I think Pittsburgh will still be in better shape than the Flyers 3 years from now.

Giroux will have to remember how to play in the playoffs, they will need to get a real coach and most of their prospects will need to pan out.

Giroux will be a support player. The coach thing, yea gonna let that percolate one more season.

I don't think the Pens will be better off in 3 years. Cap issues, age and other factors. Unless some more Mario card tricks are in order?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad