Series Discussion: ECQF: Washington Capitals vs. Toronto Maple Leafs. (LEAF FANS READ OP & POST 67)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
Playoffs are finally here and the Capitals will face the Leafs in the 1st round. Who ya got?

Mod notice: Leaf fans: This is not a neutral board. If you want neutral board series discussion go here:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=183

Also, From our local rules:

10) Neutral Boards vs Home Boards (and Visiting Fans) – This forum is primarily for Caps fans. Things said here may not fly on other team boards or even neutral boards. Similarly, some topics or comments that might be OK on neutral boards may be unwanted on a team board. If a visiting fan truly does “come in peace” and follows the site and local rules then there is likely no problem. But be advised that this is Caps fan “home ice” and rival fans stopping by making questionable posts probably won't get the benefit of the doubt (meaning high possibility of infractions, threadbans, forum bans, etc). On our team board we may make comments about how we don't like rival cities or buildings or teams, but we MAY NOT make insulting, general comments about the fans as people. What we post is searchable on the web and isn't limited to our board. Keep that in mind before posting.

Report trolling/flaming, do not respond to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Games 1 & 2 reportedly Thursday and Saturday.

No reason for the forwards not to feast on that defense.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I just got back. I cannot BELIEVE we are playing the Leafs! Are the Hockey Gods smiling on us or what? First Letang, now this. So relieved we aren't playing Boston, where a dirty play on their part could knock out one of our better players. Also, I believe Pittsburgh will dispatch Columbus pretty quickly, but at least, with the Leafs, we will likely keep pace with them.

The playoffs are looking brighter than ever! Can't wait till Thursday.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Don't let it turn into a track meet, that's how they'll throw away a game or two and let it turn into a series. A track meet means sloppy play, which means Trotz doubles down on his stingy ways and ends up doing something stupid like scratching Burakovsky and putting Beagle on the top line.

Play structured, but assertive. Deny Toronto their strengths while not giving up the Caps strengths.

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007
Hey Caps fans, depressing to face you guys really. Do you guys have ANY weaknesses that can give us Leaf fans some hope, or are you just gonna smash us. :(

Still beleafing in the young guys, hope we can make it a series! Good luck!

May the best team from this series go on to win the Cup. :P

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
ok...pull those belts tight. its that time of the year again. I learned something new reading the mains. They say the Caps choke. Can you imagine?

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
Guys- what would be a quick and economical way to get from Philly to DC for the game without a car??

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
For some reason I feel like it goes 6, because it'sThe Caps.

Would maybe prefer it, I'd be worried if they end this quickly and have a lot of time off. They just don't respond well to that time off.

But I'm also not sure it'll be as easy as some think, that's not a bad group of forwards and if they have a G start standing on his head, anything can happen.

Sep 19, 2008
They are explosive on offense and they have Babcock. So they won't be pushovers.

Didn't seem to be an issue last time they played. Caps D can shut them down.

IS it possible that Toronto could win the series? Anything is possible. But this was the easier matchup than the one against Boston.

Also it should be noted Caps under Trotz era haven't lost a playoff series in the 1st round for that matter, or to anyone not named Rangers or Penguins.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Guys- what would be a quick and economical way to get from Philly to DC for the game without a car??

The bus. Megabus, Bolt Bus, and the various Chinatown bus lines all have regular service between Philadelphia and DC (with a stop in Baltimore or White Marsh along the way). I used to take them regularly. Megabus and Bolt Bus will pick up/drop off near 30th Street Station in Philly and near Union Station in DC. The Chinatwon buses will start/finish in Chinatown in each city (obviously), which is conveniently near the Verizon Center on the DC end.

Amtrak is not very economical these days.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Caps will find a way to give the Leafs enough confidence to make this somewhat of a series.

Just look at last year against a turrible Philly team.

Caps in 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->