Series Talk: ECQF: New York Rangers vs Washington Capitals (NYR Lead 3-0)

What is your prediction of the result of this series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
Are you implying he over reacted to getting hit in the nuts with a hockey stick?

I’m willing to concede this if you submit a video if you getting hit in the nuts with a stick and not dropping to you knees.
That’s exactly what I am implying as evidenced by the fact that when he realized he wasn’t getting a call, he popped right back up and shoved Cuylle.

• Haha
Reactions: Neil Racki

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Cant wait to see the reactions when the refs actually do screw the Rangers for a game.

C'est la vie

🥱

There were lots of missed calls last night on things the Caps did (Cuylle high sticked, Panarin high sticked, Zibanejad tripped, cross check by Milano, etc, etc) and soft calls on the Rangers. The officiating was equally bad for both teams. Whining about it is pretty boring.

I do think the non call when Zibanejad got tripped pissed the Rangers off and upped their intensity.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
He was very off before the all star break, had a few overturned goals and just overall unlucky and some speculated he was injured. Looked way different after the break shooting around 20.0% Obviously with goals from his office, goals around the net and being way more physical. If it wasn’t for him we weren’t sniffing the playoffs. He’s been completely off the 2 games in NY, credit to NY tho

yeah with them shadowing him on the Caps PP he hasn't really got a clean shot off from there. You know, doing that thing everyone always yelled should be done against him and the Caps power play.

Cant wait to see the reactions when the refs actually do screw the Rangers for a game.

C'est la vie

my man, that is every game if you're a rangers fan

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Gotta take those rosy glasses off. Make up calls go both ways all game, all season, all series.
That's true, but bad reffing still tilts games.

Yeah feels like either he was selling it or they shouldn't have let him back on the ice
The concussion spotter took him off since it was a clear hit to the head. They have to in those instances.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
The concussion spotter took him off since it was a clear hit to the head. They have to in those instances.
Pretty sure a big part of the concussion spotter's job is looking at the player immediately after the hit and how they are reacting. Oshie clearly took his time getting up and looked a little dazed. If he had popped straight up and kept going after the hit, guarantee he isn't taken off. But either he was actually dazed, or he was faking it (i'm assuming the former. Oshie doesn't strike me as the type to milk it).

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Pretty sure a big part of the concussion spotter's job is looking at the player immediately after the hit and how they are reacting. Oshie clearly took his time getting up and looked a little dazed. If he had popped straight up and kept going after the hit, guarantee he isn't taken off. But either he was actually dazed, or he was faking it (i'm assuming the former. Oshie doesn't strike me as the type to milk it).
First time watching the caps?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Wasn't sure at first about the Panarin hit. It was weird....almost a reverse hit. The thing is Oshie had targeted him several times already in the game when he had the puck and sometimes when he didn't. To me when someone's chasing you around like that all night and the refs ain't calling highsticks and cheap shots then it becomes time to take shit into your own hands and as far as I'm concerned Oshie on that reaped what he sowed.

But....saying that when the refs are looking at it afterwards I thought that was f***ed up. So they didn't see it and now they wanted to do instant replay. I still think that was f***ed up even after they decided the hit was okay and gave a penalty instead to McMichael. But going back to that they took a good look at Panarin's hit and no penalty.....so if you don't like that it's just too bad.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Oshie milks more than a farmer

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
Get ready for a parade to the box in game 3 for the Rangers. You know the refs are gonna give the caps any chance they can to get back in the series. Going to Washington and caps down 2-0 it is inevitable.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
You kidding? The refs clearly won the game for the Rags. Panarin should have gotten 5 and a game and a stray look at a blueshirt was enough to get penalized apparently.

Lol was that it? Ranger fans are so silly if they're upset about that.
Holy shit calling for 5 and a game, clueless. And quite ironic coming from a fan of the team that employees that coward Wilson.

Get ready for a parade to the box in game 3 for the Rangers. You know the refs are gonna give the caps any chance they can to get back in the series. Going to Washington and caps down 2-0 it is inevitable.
They need to play it as clean as possible for sure. Every ticky tack call will go the Caps way.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Interesting how you cut out Cuylle's stick work.

Why'd you do that?
You asked for a video of the elbow and that is what I gave you. Why didn't you go find and post something? Lazy? Baiting?

I never commented on the elbow being some outrageous thing.

Interesting you didn't comment on the elbow after asking for a video of it, but only commented on other parts of the video you clearly already saw. Why'd you do that?

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
You asked for a video of the elbow and that is what I gave you. Why didn't you go find and post something? Lazy? Baiting?

I never commented on the elbow being some outrageous thing.

Interesting you didn't comment on the elbow after asking for a video of it, but only commented on other parts of the video you clearly already saw. Why'd you do that?
Someone posted a full video right after you. You purposely misled.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Someone posted a full video right after you. You purposely misled.
Cry me a river, you asked for the elbow because you are too lazy to type in a search yourself and now you're whining because the prior nut tap and cross check response weren't posted too. The video has a "watch full video" button regardless, it's just a youtube player of the full highlights, but I wasn't going to be creating my own video from scratch.

Genuine question, did you actually not see any part of that back and forth or read anyone talking about it during the game and posts here were the first time you knew of it?

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rangers should insert Chytil for Rempe for game 3. Rempe's penalties are going to be a worry. Rangers need to stay out of the box. The Caps converting on a bunch of their PP's is how they'll be able to put up more than 1 or 2.

Move Cuylle down to the fourth line. Chytil can start out on the third line. And if Rempe comes back in it should be for Roslovic.

TheSmokingMan

Nov 20, 2006
Maryland
I have a few friends on different teams and fyi oshie is known as a guy who will NEVER pass up an opportunity to catch a guy in a vulnerable spot and then pretend hes sorry when theyre hurt.

Oshie is notorious for texting guys after he hurts them and its a running joke around the league

No one cares about your "friends" on the inside. You're just some guy on the internet.

Oshie is a real competitor and never takes a shift off and plays a hard physical game. That's why he's injured so often and why occasionally he plays on the edge. I don't recall him ever getting suspended for it, though.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
You're allowed to lean forward though. Panarin normally doesn't hit in situations like that and was clearly headhunting out of anger.

And most likely if he got suspended it would be over after the Rangers sweep us. Now there'll probably be more significant injury affecting the Rangers chances going forward.

Maybe Oshie shouldn't play like such a scumbag? He brought it on with how he acted last night.

Plus the hit was clean, so . . . . . . ?

TheSmokingMan

Nov 20, 2006
Maryland
Maybe Oshie shouldn't play like such a scumbag? He brought it on with how he acted last night.

Plus the hit was clean, so . . . . . . ?

The Caps play man to man defense and Panarin was his guy. You think he was going to give him an easy night? Panarin got frustrated and threw a high hit that probably should have been penalized.

It's all good, though. I'm sure the Caps have forgotten all about it and the next time Panarin is in a vulnerable position they'll just let bygones be bygones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad