Series Talk: ECQF: New York Rangers vs Washington Capitals (NYR Lead 3-0)

What is your prediction of the result of this series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
i dont understand all the Lavi love in these threads. Rangers were on the up swing if not already established last season. Think another year of a lot of the same players progressing together did more for the rangers then Lavi. Sure he was coaching a injury riddled team on the down swing in washington but he hasnt exactly been the most succesful coach for a quite a while now.

i didnt think it was much of anything. Unfortunate situation where the kid really put himself in a bad spot. sucks he got hurt tho
Lavi hasn't done everything I want, but he's definitely a step up over what we had: 1) He put Lafrenière on Panarin's line & left him there. No more "kid line" nonsense. 2) He took Trouba away from Miller. 3) He brought in a better crop of assistant coaches. 4) He provided more useful structure than previous. 5) Players say his practices are good. 6) He doesn't do the line blender thing as much as previous.

BS45

Aug 20, 2022
where ever its 5pm
Reading this thread proves something that I have said for years. Devils fans are more concerned with the Rangers than their own team. When the Rangers season ends, I could careless about going on the Islanders or Devils board and commenting things. Think about last week when the Islanders and Devils played, what was the loudest chant of the game" Rangers Suck!" Why would they even be thinking about the Rangers?

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
In the GDT thread, a couple rangers fans were claiming Wilson slashed Shesterkins back in the last min scrum.

Can we agree that did not happen?

or are some Rangers/Red Wings/Penguins fans still adamant it happened and Wilson needs to be suspended?

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
In the GDT thread, a couple rangers fans were claiming Wilson slashed Shesterkins back in the last min scrum.

Can we agree that did not happen?

or are some Rangers/Red Wings/Penguins fans still adamant it happened and Wilson needs to be suspended?
They showed the replay about a dozen times on MSG. It happened.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Reading this thread proves something that I have said for years. Devils fans are more concerned with the Rangers than their own team. When the Rangers season ends, I could careless about going on the Islanders or Devils board and commenting things. Think about last week when the Islanders and Devils played, what was the loudest chant of the game" Rangers Suck!" Why would they even be thinking about the Rangers?
Lil bro syndrome is real sad.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
All the Rangers did was hold serve, but it was a strong overall game for a team that hasn't played in a week.

Feel bad for Iorio, they said upper body, but we all have an idea of what it is. The Rangers broadcast mentioned that he was out on the bench with his phone before the game taking pictures and video of MSG. 21 year old getting his first playoff action and he got hurt. Hopefully the damage isn't too bad and doesn't need surgery impacting his summer and the beginning of next season.

Who is the potential replacement for him? Obviously Sandin or Jensen would fill in, but are either close? McIlrath being your 6 is a death sentence, but now being the 5? Going to be rough on the 4 other guys needing to carry the load.

Reactions: haveandare and Lua

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Yeah they needed Sandin or Jensen back badly before this and now it's almost a necessity

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
I would also like to see vid of wilson slashing igor, i mostly remember him wiping out mika behind the play twice

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Not this scrum. It was a separate play I believe.
Which play are you referring to? The one MSG replayed had a bad angle. This is the same scrum as the one they played. Only here you can see he hits the cross-bar. It was just a bad angle to view it on the replay for Joe. If you look closely, should the net not even be there, he still wouldn't have hit Shesterkin in the back because that's not the direction the stick was coming down on.

He didn't get lucky. It was just a bad angle for a blind Joe.

This is the new high-five.
Screenshot 2024-04-22 162539.png

Last edited:

Whoot Whoot

Biased Rangers Fan
Feb 28, 2007
Los Angeles
Does anyone know the broadcaster tandem for the next thee games? I need to know if I need to bother my mom and dad for their tv account info for msg go

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
Does anyone know the broadcaster tandem for the next thee games? I need to know if I need to bother my mom and dad for their tv account info for msg go
All the Broadcasters were terrible. They don't just call the games anymore, they want to tell you about what each player had for dinner the night before while the play is going on......

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Which play are you referring to? The one MSG they replayed had a bad angle. This is the same scrum as the one they played. Only here you can see he hits the cross-bar. It was just a bad angle to view it on the replay for Joe. If you look closely, should the net not even be there, he still wouldn't have hit Shesterkin in the back because that's not the direction the stick was coming down on.

He didn't get lucky. It was just a bad angle for a blind Joe.

This is the new high-five.
View attachment 857518

Wilson definitely hit him after the stick hit the crossbar, but I remembered it being worse. That wasn't bad at all.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
But again, the supposed penalty you claim didn’t affect the shot.

Lindgren was fully concentrated on the play. Didn’t stop and complain for a penalty and lose his concentration. He merely didn’t stop the puck.
Forget it. Your just an @SS! My point is it could have happened to Shesterkin as well and it would be a fluke play. You don't play goalie, so we will leave it at that.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Wilson definitely hit him after the stick hit the crossbar, but I remembered it being worse. That wasn't bad at all.
Oh, yeah, but I don't think anybody was making a big deal out of that one. And Joe was 100% referring to the first one hitting the cross-bar. The little hit came after him and Schneider were battling. I don't really view that as anything but unintentional contact from a scrum, but yeah it looks like some contact there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad