Series Talk: ECQF: New York Rangers vs Washington Capitals (NYR Lead 3-0)

What is your prediction of the result of this series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Forget it. Your just an @SS! My point is it could have happened to Shesterkin as well and it would be a fluke play. You don't play goalie, so we will leave it at that.
Are you pretending the main board for us wouldn't have sunsetted Shesterkin to the moon had that happened with him? I don't think we'd be as forgiving calling it a fluke play like what you're doing. Fluke play. Bad look. Bad form. Potential penalty. All eyes on Rempe. Regardless the situation, it seemed to be picked up late by the goalie and one you would like back.

Reactions: EpicDing

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Didn’t know there was possibly a Wilson “incident” but if it had even looked intentional the rangers bench would have cleared. Players on the ice know what’s going on. This was crease scrum with sticks flailing as others have said

Reactions: Neil Racki

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
The Rangers pushed the caps around during and after the whistles all game long. I expect the caps to react and tonight to be much chippier. That's got to help the Rangers because the worst thing is the caps sticking to their low event gameplan.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Caps have no fight in them. They were sellers at the TDL and snuck into the playoffs.
They just don’t have the depth or speed to match up against NYR.
If this goes more then 5 games shame on the rangers.

NYR is battle tested now. They’ve been in long 7 game series on their way to ECF.
Ran out of gas and lost to a deeper lightning team.
They also had a terrible appearance in the 1st rd against the devils last season.
All of this is invaluable for their kids/goalie and the 5-6 vets they have that are 30 and older.
Kreider and Zibby have a ton of playoff experience. Goodrow is a cup winner.
Rangers are a relatively young team and should remain in the playoffs for a long time.
Caps are on the downswing. Ovi is in his twilight of his career and caps are doing their own reset/rebuild.
I’m glad for ovi/caps vets/fans they made it in, but they aren’t a team that’s going to go deep and shouldn’t be considered to.

Kuz

May 11, 2015
NYR was very aggresive and Caps had problems gaining the zone against an aggresive forecheck. Also a lot more hits from NYR and they are crating a lot of turnovers that led to good chances. Taking a few extra penalties by being that aggresive, but their PK is great so its definetely worth it for them considering all the chances and breakaways it creates for them.

Caps need to step up and play more physical and aggresive if they want to match NYR.

Ovi and WIlson only had two hits each last night and usually have 4-5 a night when the playoff start.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
How is the game made better by a ref looking at Wilson elbow Cuylle in the chops right smack 5 feet from him with his eyes glued on them, and letting it go?
Seriously, it's like some kind of f***ed up power trip by the ref. Refs shouldn't get away with that kind of abuse of their duty.

If a Rangers player did what Wilson did, I would call him stupid and hope it didn't hurt the team with his ass in the box.

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
So OV gets torched for his performance in the first 2 games for his subpar performances by his rookie head coach?

Veteran move Spencer.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
Are caps fans really complaining about the refs? Surely they can’t be serious
latching onto anything to push a narrative, it's been a tactic of theirs since they won back in 18'.
It stems from Wilson and his desire to create an excuse just so he can goon it up in the future. Perfect example is the exchange between him and Cuylle and his theatrics in that moment. That mentality trickles down to every other player and most fans too.

"No-no the Rangers are dirty look what they've done to us folks, so if I run someone and take him out for the rest of the playoffs it's because they started it and they deserved it". Caps have nothing to lose right now.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
People seriously blaming a 38 year old guy who is playing alongside rookies or oldtimers like Oshie and no elite forwards whatsoever to support him against the presidents trophy winning team ?
It doesn't even look like he puts 50 percent effort into his shifts. Every shift is his controller disconnected routine its actually sad to watch.

Reactions: Daishi

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
How is the game made better by a ref looking at Wilson elbow Cuylle in the chops right smack 5 feet from him with his eyes glued on them, and letting it go?
Seriously, it's like some kind of f***ed up power trip by the ref. Refs shouldn't get away with that kind of abuse of their duty.

If a Rangers player did what Wilson did, I would call him stupid and hope it didn't hurt the team with his ass in the box.
Do you have a video of Wilson’s elbow?

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
It doesn't even look like he puts 50 percent effort into his shifts. Every shift is his controller disconnected routine its actually sad to watch.

Ovechkin when a potential board battle for the puck appears

153731763-close-up-of-a-man-looking-through-binoculars-outdoors.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Hank Plank

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Well, if you were expecting a cinderella run this year, I don't think it's going to happen with the Capitals or the Islanders.

TheSmokingMan

Nov 20, 2006
Maryland
I see a lot of NYR posters have borrowed some courage from their team's 2-0 series lead. I wonder if they will show the same courage if they have to play the Canes next. I have seen nothing from them that would make me hopeful about getting out of the second round if I was a Rangers fan.

The refs have inserted themselves into this series far too often. Lots of ticky-tack phantom calls all while missing some egregious penalties (going both ways). I've watched all of the other series, and I think this one is the worst officiated of the bunch. I say let the teams actually play something that resembles what playoff hockey should be.

Despite a rookie coach, depleted defense, aging veterans, and inexperienced youth, I think the Caps have gotten better each game. I think they'll continue to adapt and improve when the series goes back to DC. They really need to get Jensen and Sandin back to have a chance, though. Their transition game has been really poor without them.

Kuz

May 11, 2015
I see a lot of NYR posters have borrowed some courage from their team's 2-0 series lead. I wonder if they will show the same courage if they have to play the Canes next. I have seen nothing from them that would make me hopeful about getting out of the second round if I was a Rangers fan.

The refs have inserted themselves into this series far too often. Lots of ticky-tack phantom calls all while missing some egregious penalties (going both ways). I've watched all of the other series, and I think this one is the worst officiated of the bunch. I say let the teams actually play something that resembles what playoff hockey should be.

Despite a rookie coach, depleted defense, aging veterans, and inexperienced youth, I think the Caps have gotten better each game. I think they'll continue to adapt and improve when the series goes back to DC. They really need to get Jensen and Sandin back to have a chance, though. Their transition game has been really poor without them.
Yeah hard without your second and tied for third most used defenceman. Its like NYR missing two of Miller, Trouba and Lindgren.

Need to get them back in if they are gonna have a chance. Still good experience for the younger guys and they are playing hard against a more talented team. Dont see the Caps turning it around. Needed a win in the first two. Still things change fast in hockey. When the Caps won the Stanley Cup they went down 2-0 in the first round aswell and was minutes away from going down 3-0.

Reactions: TheSmokingMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad