ECQF/MDSF: (M1) Washington Capitals vs (WC1) Carolina Hurricanes | Game 7 is Coming | Part 2

Who wins game 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
Regarding the Oshie hit, it's hilarious that it's only Canes fans claiming that it was a 'little push where oshie slipped', yet the Caps and other fans realize it was quite the dangerous hit. Anyone claiming that it was only called because Oshie was injured, needs to realize that the refs being afraid to make a call at a pertinent time in the game, has nothing to do with whether or not something should be penalized.

As far as next steps, I wouldn't be surprised with a suspension for that hit, but at the same time I wouldn't really care if there wasn't, as I am more mad that there wasn't a 5 minute major called in that game. Either way the Caps did not deserve to win that game, as they've played like garbage for 4 straight games.

ONO94

Jan 18, 2010
Oshie put himself in a bad spot and took a shot to the lower back, and not a particularly hard one. Warren didn't hit him up high to force his head into the boards or drive him with the hips. It was just a player going straight into boards and losing an edge when he tried to turn. I wish warren didn't take the shot, but oshie was going to hit the boards regardless. Prior game, Ovi hits Faulk in a similar manner, no injury and no penalty. This game, Wilson hits Faulk in the numbers into the boards, no injury and no penalty. Maybe if the refs start calling those Oshie doesn't get hit at all.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
If you can't state why you have an issue with it then my point stands.
I have an issue with anyone calling a 19-year Old a kid. He’s also s professional athlete so comments about his physique are curious and awkward. He’s also possessed of free-will, made a bad choice, immediately regretted it, and hopefully learned a powerful lesson. Ovechkin did absolutely nothing wrong and accusing him of “fighting a child” is not just a bad look, it’s stupid and ignorant of actual facts.

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
Ovechkin would knock out God if he challenged the Great 8 and dropped the gloves, let alone Jamie Benn or anyone else in the league. Ovi has never been a fighter, all the sudden this rookie wants to make a name for himself and got dropped, he asked for it, he got it.

Foegle may not have meant to injure Oshie, I can buy that, but he made a reckless, negligent choice. Drunk drivers don't intend to kill people but they do, and they pay for it. Guy needs suspended for the rest of the first round, Kadri style.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
That’s a horrible take. It should have been called a penalty right away by the ref who turned a blind eye to it until he saw the optics of the hit. Flip the two players and I guarantee your opinion is completely different
So should the High stick that got Teuvo... Should have been 4m. Refs call the score It sucks it's reality.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

ONO94

Jan 18, 2010
That’s a horrible take. It should have been called a penalty right away by the ref who turned a blind eye to it until he saw the optics of the hit. Flip the two players and I guarantee your opinion is completely different

We've seen it flipped in this series without the call being made because of no injury--so .....?

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Linnie The Pooh

Apr 17, 2019
Ashburn, Virginia
Jesus the Ovi/Svechnikov fight talk has run its course. It’s a he said she said pissing match.

The Oshie hit was dangerous and reckless and Foegelle deserves a call from DoPs for it
I agree with you there. Fights occur in the league regardless if they are between players in the same weight class or not. I said this when the OV and Svechnikov fight occurred that Svechnikov had balls to even go into the fight. He had to know he was going to be outclassed. I give him props for that.

Now as for the Oshie hit he wasn't asking for any of that at all and wasn't prepared for the hit and impact whatsoever. I agree that Foegele needs to be called on this.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Ovechkin would knock out God if he challenged the Great 8 and dropped the gloves, let alone Jamie Benn or anyone else in the league. Ovi has never been a fighter, all the sudden this rookie wants to make a name for himself and got dropped, he asked for it, he got it.

Foegle may not have meant to injure Oshie, I can buy that, but he made a reckless, negligent choice. Drunk drivers don't intend to kill people but they do, and they pay for it. Guy needs suspended for the rest of the first round, Kadri style.

Take a deep breath man.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
I have an issue with anyone calling a 19-year Old a kid. He’s also s professional athlete so comments about his physique are curious and awkward. He’s also possessed of free-will, made a bad choice, immediately regretted it, and hopefully learned a powerful lesson. Ovechkin did absolutely nothing wrong and accusing him of “fighting a child” is not just a bad look, it’s stupid and ignorant of actual facts.

I like Ovi I just think it's a bad look. I have an issue with Ovi going after smaller players, this to me isn't a good look either though it never got to a full fight.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina

giphy.gif

:laugh:

Also, Ovie isn't a fighter but Svechnikov asked for it. Or, grab the bull by the horns, etc. Uhh, right. Ovie is bigger than the rookie though so he does have that in his favor in a fight.

Personally, I'm getting a bit tired of this fight discussion from game 3 already though.

Reactions: Hank Plank

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
The media are trying their best to motivate the Caps. First all this repeat talk, then the reluctant grizzled vet murdering a youth who asked for it, now it'll be retribution for Oshie. All these upsets are making it hard for the talking heads to create compelling narratives.

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
I'm just wondering if this is still the caps knowing they can coast and turn it on whenever they want or if maybe the Canes are a decent hockey team?

We were down 3 forwards tonight that played the entire season. We've played the last 3 games down a forward from period 1.

When are the caps going to wake up? #stopcoasting
It's definitely a bit of both in my opinion. The Canes have been playing very well, especially defensively as a team. Your PK is exceptional as well.

That being said, the caps have not been playing anywhere near their best, at the same time, the Canes aren't overflowing with high quality scoring opportunities that make you nervous.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
It's definitely a bit of both in my opinion. The Canes have been playing very well, especially defensively as a team. Your PK is exceptional as well.

That being said, the caps have not been playing anywhere near their best...

you think maybe the canes might have something to do with that?

the caps have more talent, no question. but in the playoffs, we know that talent isn't always what wins.

Reactions: Svechhammer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad