ECQF/MDSF: (M1) Washington Capitals vs (WC1) Carolina Hurricanes | Game 7 is Coming | Part 2

Who wins game 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Hope Oshie is OK. Never want to see anyone injured. Hoping that the coach’s comments after the game were just the typical playoff injury doublespeak. “He won’t be playing anytime soon” is vague enough to mean out for the series or returning Saturday.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Hope Oshie is OK. Never want to see anyone injured. Hoping that the coach’s comments after the game were just the typical playoff injury doublespeak. “He won’t be playing anytime soon” is vague enough to mean out for the series or returning Saturday.
Oshies in for the long con.

Edit: long haul*

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Really dirty boarding on Oshie. He's likely done for playoffs. DOPS has to do something

illpucks

May 26, 2011
I was annoyed it took them so long to call it, but it was definitely a 2 minute
Boarding is suspendable and it's not 2 minutes. He is in vulnerable position, sustained injury, and likely done for playoffs

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Boarding is suspendable and it's not 2 minutes. He is in vulnerable position, sustained injury, and likely done for playoffs
They may not officially, but they definitely factor intent. Recklessness is equally a penalty (high sticks), but it didn’t look the least bit intentional

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Cool, so if a Capital hits Aho like that and he breaks his arm, it's all good.

Two minutes and we move on. :thumbu:

I mean it wouldn’t be all good in that it would totally suck but I don’t think someone should get suspended for a light push where the player blows a tire and the result is unfortunate

Reactions: Tryamw

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Oshie was weak on his skates. Wasn't even a penalty.
You can’t push someone in the numbers. That’s been a penalty at least the last 15 years I’ve been watching. All combined: the push in the back, the distance to the boards, the speed Oshie was going making it harder to control himself (and the ice); definitely not a major but that adds into a 2 for certain

If he just falls and doesn’t get hurt they’ll ignore it in a close game like that, but they can’t ignore it when it does (or generally if it’s earlier in the game)

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
The problem with the hit is that Oshie was in a such a vulnerable position. If he was further or closer to the boards it probably wouldnt have been a problem. Why wouldnt the guy try to wrap him up and take him into the boards instead of push him from behind? It should have been a boarding major.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
You can’t push someone in the numbers. That’s been a penalty at least the last 15 years I’ve been watching. All combined: the push in the back, the distance to the boards, the speed Oshie was going making it harder to control himself (and the ice); definitely not a major but that adds into a 2 for certain

yes. an unlucky two minute minor. if oshie gets up they don't even call it, and you know it.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Reading this whining about Oshie after the last few days discussion over Svech is.... Well, yeah

Reactions: Tryamw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad