GDT: ECQF Game Two: New Jersey Devils vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
if the flyers can win a game in pittsburgh after that horrible game 1 and with elliot in net. then there is ZERO excuse the devils can't win game 2 in tampa. i will be extremely disappointed in the team if they couldn't win this game today.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Devils will be fine, just need to clean up the turnovers in our own zone and on their blue line, most of tampa's goals were from turnovers, also D need to fill up the slot and not let their guys walk in!

SCUBA STEVE, DAMN YOU!

damn-you-scuba-steve.gif

Welcome :laugh:

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Lovejoy has not been an issue IMO. Him and Butcher have played well together. Obviously they get favourable zone starts and match-ups (relative to teammates) but the results are strong. If anyone should sit, it is Mueller or Moore. I would personally sit Mueller because his play in game 1 was awful and he directly cost us multiple goals. Moore I am not a fan of in any way, but at this point he is a safer choice than Mueller and has already earned the coaches trust almost fully (justified or not, it seems to be a reality).

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Also, please play Bratt. Sub him in for Gibbons, at least he can substitute in for Palms if they have to make in game lineup changes.

Reactions: Mike Littsor

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Kinda feels like the playoffs start for me today since I had to miss Thursday's game...just as well. Saying it's a must-win is wrong but I really don't see us winning four in a row against Tampa if we go down 0-2 and winning four out of five will be very difficult (though winning 4 of 5 is probably our most likely path to winning the series if we win today and hold serve in all the home games).

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
I thought Mueller got better as the game went on. I'd prefer to try a Mueller - Severson pairing than going back to the Moore - Severson pairing. I'd keep Lovejoy in for now but if he's getting burned today you need to replace him with someone faster for game 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->