GDT: ECQF GAME 6 - Ottawa (3) at BRUINS (2) - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
That was a penalty, but the Sens are soooo good at making calls look way worse than they really are.....they make me sick!

It's the difference between something that gets called in regulation and something that gets called in OT. Pretty smart play when the refs fall for it.

Oh wait, they didn't call blatant season-ending injury-causing **** in regulation on the Sens either. :laugh:

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Ottawa fan just wanted to say kudos for a hard fought series - 3 OTs and all 1-goal games. You definitely got the short end of the stick from the refs and the injuries you had to deal with were ridiculous.

McAvoy looks like a total stud -- very jealous.
Good luck against NYR!

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Bergeron was gonna score on that open net when Anderson threw himself into Marchand so the refs would blow it dead. ********.

Overall - good series. Reffing was bad, but it was particularly problematic since our whole D corps was injured and understandably couldn't kill penalties. Sucks but oh well. Can't get swept at home in a seven game series.

Impressed with this team considering injuries. Bergeron and Marchand let me down though. I personally thought Rask and Chara were warriors. God bless MacAvoy.

Onto next year - glad I got to see some playoff hockey.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
If the Bruins had scored on their third period power play, people wouldn't be complaining about calls and non-calls in overtime.

To make it as far as they did with the injuries they had was impressive.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Ottawa fan just wanted to say kudos for a hard fought series - 3 OTs and all 1-goal games. You definitely got the short end of the stick from the refs and the injuries you had to deal with were ridiculous.

McAvoy looks like a total stud -- very jealous.

Good series, congrats on the win.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
That was a legit penalty on Pastrnak. You can't pull a player down by the back of their shirt whether the other player tried to set a pick on him or not.

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
I have to say that this series is all on the forwards they faiiled miserably in this series . The patchwork Defense held it own most of this series, Well like i said their should and needs to have at least 6 plus openings

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Aside from mcavoy no young player excites me.
Vatrano looks like a lifetime ahler
Team does not have a great future

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
It's always interesting to follow the GDT for each team... each set of fans thinks the refs are screwing them, the nhl is paid off, doesn't want their team to win, etc etc.

Both can't be right.

You're right in general. This series, by any objective standard, was not a fairly reffed series. Not even close. The law of averages is blown away by all 6 games being poorly reffed in favor of one team.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
It's always interesting to follow the GDT for each team... each set of fans thinks the refs are screwing them, the nhl is paid off, doesn't want their team to win, etc etc.

Both can't be right.

Reffs didn't cause the Bruins the loss today,other games for sure.Not this one a lazy typical Pasta play did.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Excited for next season. Don't see much happening in the summer, which makes it better.

Maybe Pasta will take a pay cut after the display he put on. ;)

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
That was sadly the last season of hockey I will have the privilege of paying attention to at this level of depth. I hope the Bruins do well in the future, and I'll tune in around the playoffs and catch the odd game. I made the personal decision that I've been spending far too much time on this team and sport. For something I don't play and merely spectate it was taking far too much time away from work, my kids, and side projects. I wish you guys all the best bleeding black and gold going forward.

xgallantx

Sold Soul for a Cup
Oct 2, 2006
Newfoundland
I dont blame Pasta for a second. The guys tied up and Macarthur wen down.....I'm shocked...Shaller draws a similar penalty but no call. Par for the course in the series. B's didn't have a chance.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
That was a legit penalty on Pastrnak. You can't pull a player down by the back of their shirt whether the other player tried to set a pick on him or not.

No one is disputing that. But the trip by Ceci was a legit one too. Nobody called that.

Just the inconsistent reffing is annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->