Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 5 - THE BEAR I̶n̶v̶i̶t̶e̶s̶ has Hamilton for dinner - B's win series 4-1

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Take another look at the stretch before the Pasta breakaway... where he’s on his knees with his butt pointed towards the shooter. I can’t imagine how you would get turned into such a pretzel to get that out of position? Well...sheer panic is the only way...he’s still not right...

I don’t see how you could find his play today to be fantastic? Other than going by the result that the Canes didn’t finish. He was all over the place.

He battled...that’s about all I can say. Hopefully he’ll get more reps before game one of round two.
I remember another goalie that used to play in Boston that did that pretty much every game. I believe his name was Tim Thomas

Reactions: Gordoff and caz16

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Niiiice.
It did that to a few years. It was great
Shut it down for the summer
When I went to reactivate in fall they were shut down
Yeah I like it that I can also swap out channels whenever I want. Most channels can be swapped except for premium ones like Crave or HBO. I got rid of bunch of channels I did not want and added some decent ones at no extra cost.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'd like big Ritch back in. Hopefully he's got the message after sitting a few games. Lindy out, Kuraly back down to 4C.

It's not me, I don't mind Nick Ritchie, and I also think he still has growth potential.

I just think Cassidy doesn't really trust him enough defensively to use him consistently on the Coyle line, especially when the other winger is a rookie. I think he likes the match-up advantage of Lines 1/3/4 being able to go up against any opposing line, while slotting the Krejci line into more offensive opportunities.

Reactions: TwineTickler

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
What the hell are you talking about? Jon Meterparel was on WEEI and was one of the biggest hockey haters in the history of either station.
I lived down in Charlotte, NC back in 97-98 and Jon Meterparel had the same spot on their sports radio station down there.

He constantly brought up new Hurricanes while the two hosts moaned about it. He also talked shit about auto racing in order to rile the listeners up.

He used being a professional IRL troll to springboard to better gigs. It was always an act.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I lived down in Charlotte, NC back in 97-98 and Jon Meterparel had the same spot on their sports radio station down there.

He constantly brought up new Hurricanes while the two hosts moaned about it. He also talked shit about auto racing in order to rile the listeners up.

He used being a professional IRL troll to springboard to better gigs. It was always an act.
Yes that's my memory of him. I listened to him all the time (although I got the station wrong) I enjoyed his boosting hockey and at the time the B's. You're right in that it was just an act as now I see stuff on him ( I think it's on Farcebook) and he's only boosting himself IMO.

Reactions: BlackFrancis

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
It's not me, I don't mind Nick Ritchie, and I also think he still has growth potential.

I just think Cassidy doesn't really trust him enough defensively to use him consistently on the Coyle line, especially when the other winger is a rookie. I think he likes the match-up advantage of Lines 1/3/4 being able to go up against any opposing line, while slotting the Krejci line into more offensive opportunities.

Not disagreeing with you at all... I wouldn't be shocked at all if the same lineup the last few games is the lineup for game 1.... and agree about Ritchies defensive deficiencies but my hope is that's something they've had him focus on since being out. I think we need his big body and physicality (provided he brings it) this series, especially if it's Tampa.

Reactions: Gordoff

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I honestly thought that he was on 98.5 when the B's won the cup. Oh well it sucks getting old.

Were you thinking of Mut --- Mike Mutnanski?

He did the mid day show with Lou Merloni when the B's won in 2011.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Were you thinking of Mut --- Mike Mutnanski?

He did the mid day show with Lou Merloni when the B's won in 2011.
Nope. I didn't even realize that I still listened to WEEI in 2011.
WBZ/98.5 really broke into and took over the sports scene pretty much because of their broadcasting the Bruins games. Along with that they talked hockey all the time. Afterwards they got new leadership and they kinda emulated WEEI with their constant talking about anything but hockey 90% of the time.
I listen to 98.5 a bit now but not much any more. I disliked them almost as much as NESN in that the Red Sox are their owners and main focus. They seem to have little liking for the Bruins and their fans and it feels as though they're putting up with us like we're the idiot cousins.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I think the D should stay the same vs TB, as much as I'd like to see Lauzon come in to deal with those cheap shot artists on TB, Clifton has been very good........I'd say gauge game 1 and go from there.
Marchy-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Kase are set in stone.
Ritchie-Coyle-Bjork would be my 3rd line
Wagner-Kuraly- Nordstrom is my 4th

I know you don't break up the perfection line but part of me wonders how this line up would do?
Marshy-Bergy-Kase
Ritchie-Krejci-Pasta
Debrusk-Coyle-Bjork/Studnicka
Wagner-Kuraly-Nordstrom

Lines 1-3 are well balanced vs what we'll most likely see where Coyle is likely stuck with a combination of Bjork/Ritchie/Studnicka/Kuraly
Thinking back to last year, our 3rd line was a huge part of our success
Clifton has played well, he just needs to dump the puck in when he skates it up and into the offensive zone rather than getting caught all the time.

However, I disagree that the D should stay the same. As much as they're all fine individually, you can't go with Krug, Gryz and Cliffy Hockey on the back end. Bos was a trainwreck in their own end at times against Carolina last game. I'd like to see Lauzon back. Problem is Carlo hasn't played well himself. Hopefully someone, anyone, on TB pisses him off during the first period and he goes into beast mode after that.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Clifton has played well, he just needs to dump the puck in when he skates it up and into the offensive zone rather than getting caught all the time.

However, I disagree that the D should stay the same. As much as they're all fine individually, you can't go with Krug, Gryz and Cliffy Hockey on the back end. Bos was a trainwreck in their own end at times against Carolina last game. I'd like to see Lauzon back. Problem is Carlo hasn't played well himself. Hopefully someone, anyone, on TB pisses him off during the first period and he goes into beast mode after that.
i actually like clifton with Z and mac with gryz.
then maybe shutdown time go with chara carlo or chara mac.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad