GDT: ECQF GAME 3: Ottawa (1) at BRUINS (1) | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
Bush league call by the refs...no way that should be called in OT. But with only 20 shots on net and the B's playing their 9th and 10th Defensemen...

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I counted at least twice tonight where a Senator punched a Bruin right in the face and the refs didnt do anything. Then they call that crap on Nash in OT?

Zero, zero, zero, ****** zero consistency from the refs in this league now. Quite frankly it's hard to watch.

Hey NHL, wonder why longtime fans are tuning out, this sort of inconsistent garbage is one reason why.

Methot did the same thing Nash did twice in a row and the refs still gave Schaller a penalty. This would be unbelievable if it wasn't so consistently an issue

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Schaller got a matching penalty when he literally did nothing, but Methot punched him in the head twice.

And two OT scoring chances for the Bs were stopped by blatant penalties twice.

(And we acknowledged two Bs power plays during the game ate garbage calls.)

But 3rd period and OT were officiated differently, and then that changed.

Well you see Mike, the Bruins weren't allowed anymore PPs.

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Yep, totally selfish for Bruins players to do anything remotely similar to what the Ottawa players are permitted to do.

Totally selfish.

Gosh. How could they?

Its overtime in the NHL playoffs, take a license plate and face wash him in the 1st period of next game... Refs usually miss the first one and catch the retaliatory. It sucks but it happens all the time. I like the way Nash has competed otherwise but that punch did nothing but lose the B's the game.

Hopedalebru

Mar 21, 2017
The bruins have to stop giving the refs the chance to call a penalty. That was totally unnecessary by nash.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Absolutely.

I just cancelled an order for a Bruins McAvoy jersey --I can't spend $$ on this **** until the NHL figures out how to get rid of *******s like Tim Peel instead of giving them ****ing playoff games.

I'm all for letting the guys play in OT --but the Sens can do whatever they want in OT while the Bruins get called for their first infraction.

Buy a Chinese knockoff off eBay.

:handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

CptxMorgan

Dangerzone
Jul 3, 2008
Lawrence, MA
Schaller got a matching penalty when he literally did nothing, but Methot punched him in the head twice.

And two OT scoring chances for the Bs were stopped by blatant penalties twice.

(And we acknowledged two Bs power plays during the game ate garbage calls.)

But 3rd period and OT were officiated differently, and then that changed.

Don't forget Vatrano's roughing call for trying to pull his stick out of Karlsson's hands.

FONZIE

AYYYYYY!!!!
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Moved to Wisconsin
Anyone criticizing Nash after getting wrecked by a moving player elbowing him to the face, even the posters that I respect, is delusional.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I counted at least twice tonight where a Senator punched a Bruin right in the face and the refs didnt do anything. Then they call that crap on Nash in OT?

Zero, zero, zero, ****** zero consistency from the refs in this league now. Quite frankly it's hard to watch.

Hey NHL, wonder why longtime fans are tuning out, this sort of inconsistent garbage is one reason why.

The Bruins have to start diving to the ice and throwing their hands in the air when they get punched, like Ryan.

doubleculprit

Apr 20, 2007
Don't get to watch as much hockey as I'd like these days but the officiating in this game was just horrendous. From the linesman dropping the puck, to the calls made or lack there of. Thought the Bruins played about fifteen minutes of inspired hockey, but the officiating was So bad. Just terrible.

Republic

Dec 29, 2014
That's all of the NHL I can take -- until something drastic changes, no more for me.

Cam19b

Feb 27, 2002
Duxbury, Vermont
Visit site
Yep, totally selfish for Bruins players to do anything remotely similar to what the Ottawa players are permitted to do.

Totally selfish.

Gosh. How could they?

Its about wanting the win, Marchand has been a ghost and Nash got hit because he got caught on his knees. You don't see 37 taking these stupid penalties

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
you ruin a classic game like that with a call like that you should never be allowed to ref a hockey game again. Disgrace of epic proportions. Disgusted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->