GDT: ECQF Game 3 | Jackets vs Lightning | 7:30 pm 8/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
If there's one thing I hate seeing on our Powerplay it's the points repeatedly switching sides, as if Jones and Werenski think they can somehow confuse the other team by constantly switching back and forth to their non-one-timer sides. It serves no purpose and always confuses the Jackets more than the other team.
I don't think it's about trying to confuse anybody. I think it's because the only thing our power play is good at is Jones and Werenski getting enough space to shoot, and trying to blow it past the goalie or get a rebound.

Reactions: thebus88

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I wouldn’t say I’m never pessimistic, but I think I am fairly neutral.

I'd love it if you can start a spreadsheet and keep it for a year. Just enter your win/loss prediction for that game. Could just be my perception but I feel like I see you predicting a loss far more often than a win, as if we are the Red Wings or something.

Reactions: thebus88 and Fro

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I don't think it's about trying to confuse anybody. I think it's because the only thing our power play is good at is Jones and Werenski getting enough space to shoot, and trying to blow it past the goalie or get a rebound.

You get space by moving the puck quickly, switching sides takes longer and fools nobody. The PK isn't playing man defense so it doesn't seem to have any positive effect.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'd love it if you can start a spreadsheet and keep it for a year. Just enter your win/loss prediction for that game. Could just be my perception but I feel like I see you predicting a loss far more often than a win, as if we are the Red Wings or something.

I bet I would have us around 30-40 wins, you know, the number a bubble team would have. I feel like I'm repeating myself.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Hang in there CBJ10. I don't always agree with you but I do think you are fair in your opinions. Of course my brand is half empty so maybe that slants my opinion.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

ClevelandUke

Aug 4, 2020
How is there a right and wrong when it comes to my opinions? And why is this a topic? And you weren’t even involved nor have you been here.

You cant be this dense. Opinions can literally be 100% wrong.

If i say the Sky is purple youre not going to tell me im wrong? f*** outta here. and its a topic because it has to be.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
You get space by moving the puck quickly, switching sides takes longer and fools nobody. The PK isn't playing man defense so it doesn't seem to have any positive effect.
You're right. Their puck movement, I believe, is the #1 reason their PP is so bad. They can never get the other team on their heels and chasing us. There is always a defender on someone as soon as they get the puck. They are not a very good passing team.

It sucks they lost, and it didn't look to good, but this is always how it is going to be for these guys. This is their game. Every loss so far has been a winnable game late. As long as they keep it close, they will always have a chance.

ColumbusOwl

Aug 7, 2020
Team was just gassed and it showed in every aspect, last night. The fact that they were in it to the end when they should not have is a good sign. Love the grit and effort. I realize they just don’t have the firepower as the big dogs (face it, we are going to have a hard time keeping goal scorers) but they are playing straight up a great team that now has experience playing them in post season.. It is fantasy to expect a repeat of last year’s sweep.

Reactions: rotsbu and Fro

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I think Torts was right. Guys were gassed and hit the wall. Maybe he recognized it late as he didn’t adjust TOI that may have help. These stats tell a useful story as some very heavy minute guys continued to get minutes and dominated as seen in Corsi. This was a game for Shore and Robinson as well as the 3rd D pair to get more minutes. Their fresh legs seemed to be translating into fresher play.
3EC5B144-242E-4F86-B36D-0B05D7A0B8F7.png

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
For me @CBJWennberg10 isn’t off the mark in his assessment of the team. IMO the Jackets have a playoff team, but they don’t have a Cup contender yet. We do indeed play excellent team defense and are displaying good netminding, but we fall short on offense, primarily a center compliment to PLD and Top line left wing.

Maybe Tex will become that guy, but that gap between a Tex and a Panarin is a huge. Maybe Foudy will grow from an exciting prospect to a recognized goal-scoring threat. Bemstrom? Maybe. But that’s a lot of maybes.

I love the Jackets and go into each game and each series with optimism. And I’m not one who believes not winning a Cup is a failure. But I do believe this roster as constructed will fail to win a Cup, but not because of lack of effort.

......as for this series, we can still win it as we do have a team that can squeeze out a given win while being outplayed and rise to the occasion to frustrate and outplay the opponent in a given game.

rotsbu

Feb 14, 2020
For me @CBJWennberg10 isn’t off the mark in his assessment of the team. IMO the Jackets have a playoff team, but they don’t have a Cup contender yet. We do indeed play excellent team defense and are displaying good netminding, but we fall short on offense, primarily a center compliment to PLD and Top line left wing.

Maybe Tex will become that guy, but that gap between a Tex and a Panarin is a huge. Maybe Foudy will grow from an exciting prospect to a recognized goal-scoring threat. Bemstrom? Maybe. But that’s a lot of maybes.

I love the Jackets and go into each game and each series with optimism. And I’m not one who believes not winning a Cup is a failure. But I do believe this roster as constructed will fail to win a Cup, but not because of lack of effort.

......as for this series, we can still win it as we do have a team that can squeeze out a given win while being outplayed and rise to the occasion to frustrate and outplay the opponent in a given game.

The good news is I don't think Jarmo and co. plan on winning a Cup with this exact roster. Although happy with the core of Jonesy, Z, PLD, Tex, etc. (and rightly so), I think they fully plan on using their cap space + depth on D to improve the offense.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
You cant be this dense. Opinions can literally be 100% wrong.

If i say the Sky is purple youre not going to tell me im wrong? f*** outta here. and its a topic because it has to be.

No, it really doesn’t.

And if my opinion were in that context, then yeah, it could be wrong. My opinion is explaining why I think the CBJ are not a contender to win the cup and a bubble team, which is a subjective opinion.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Odds are long but if you can beat this Tampa squad you can beat anyone.

Reactions: Fro

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Odds are long but if you can beat this Tampa squad you can beat anyone.

This is where I fall. I don't see a team in these playoffs that looks to me like they are in a different class than the CBJ. Tampa might be the strongest, and the first two games were basically a toss up. Yes, they hit a wall last night but I'm not counting them out yet.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Hang in there CBJ10. I don't always agree with you but I do think you are fair in your opinions. Of course my brand is half empty so maybe that slants my opinion.

Appreciate ya'll. I don't really like pissing people off nor do I really enjoy the hostile back and forths, its supposed to be fun to watch and debate. Sometimes I don't feel that happens here, and a lot of it is my fault even though it is not my intention.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
No, it really doesn’t.

And if my opinion were in that context, then yeah, it could be wrong. My opinion is explaining why I think the CBJ are not a contender to win the cup and a bubble team, which is a subjective opinion.
Technically, everyone's a bubble team right now. Gotcha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->