ECQF Game 3: Boston Bruins (2) at Toronto Maple Leafs (3) 7 PM ET | CBC, TVAS, NBCSN, NESN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Widdlez

Da Broons.
Apr 4, 2011
Has JVR been on the leafs 3rd line all year or is this a recent thing?

I haven't watched a whole bunch of the leafs this year, does he just mesh better with bozak and brown or is he struggling lately?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I'm not sure where the idea that the Bruins are old or big comes from. The graphics below show they're actually young and small. In fact Toronto is both older and bigger.

NHL teams by age:

Screen-Shot-2018-01-11-at-10.48.43-PM.png

NHL teams by size

Screen-Shot-2018-01-11-at-10.49.43-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2018-01-11-at-10.50.28-PM.png

Do Dallas has more fat people no wonder with all the fine southern dining

:sarcasm:

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec

I haven't watched a whole bunch of the leafs this year, does he just mesh better with bozak and brown or is he struggling lately?

He has been paired with Bozak and Brown pretty much all season except at the beginning of the year when Marner was in Brown’s spot. Then Babcock put Kadri and Marner together and they found instant chemistry. Brown needs to be on that line because he’s the only one sort of responsable in his own end. Bozak and JVR have been playing together since the Kessel days pretty much. They can get it going offensively but they are probably the two most lazy forwards the Leafs have

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If Gryz and Riley Nash are indeed good enough to go tonight. Then The Bruins can finish it up tonight. Going up 3 games to 0 is a mountain to climb barring something unforeseen as in injuries to the Bruins for the Leafs to come back.

If so, the Bruins line up is even better than it was in games 1 and 2. Big game tonight should be closer than the first 2.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Not a fan of either team, but it's hilarious how inactive leafs fans are in this thread now that they are in a bit trouble.

Looks like the Bruins forums.

Ive been a part of these forums for a few years now, including participating in the main forum playoff threads and this is always the case. The team that is winning has the most people commenting on the series and the losing team sticks to their own message boards. Makes sense I guess.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
If Gryz and Riley Nash are indeed good enough to go tonight. Then The Bruins can finish it up tonight. Going up 3 games to 0 is a mountain to climb barring something unforeseen as in injuries to the Bruins for the Leafs to come back.

If so, the Bruins line up is even better than it was in games 1 and 2. Big game tonight should be closer than the first 2.

Agreed but then again i’m not sure the Leafs can play much worse then the first two game

Reactions: Conormcjesus

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Looks like Babcock is trying to replicate Kadri vs. Bergeron as much as possible. Marleau-Plekanec-Marner has been a line for just over 2 minutes this year.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Did we not have a Leafs GDT pull from? This is nice and all, but this is a Leafs home game and should be our GDT.
I have it on good authority that a committee of Mods got together and decided that until Toronto showed that they were interested in putting forth a better effort on the ice their fans did not deserve any GDT privileges.

Apparently, there is also a limit on Leafs fans that can post on HF Boards at any one time until their team starts to play better. I think it's a maximum of 2 Leaf fans per thread at a time. Still, a proposal to make all Leaf fan avatars wear paper bags was discuss but ultimately turned down. Firm, but fair.

Neely2005

Nov 3, 2006
Toronto, Ontario
Oh, I don't doubt that the Bruins will be ready. They'll just worn down from running into the boards so much and they'll look like they have the vast majority of the times the two teams have played over the past two seasons.

Leafs are the better team. Favourable matches at home are going to expose Boston.

Curious as to what the favourable matchups are?

MR4

Oct 20, 2014

Babcock hasn't given JVR a chance at playing with Matthews or Kadri (way back they were awesome together) in the 2 years he's been here. Has had Hyman glued to Matthews at 1LW as well. The logical move this game would be to load up a line like JVR-Matthews-Marner but this is Babcock we're talking about.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
I don't think I'll be able to watch tonight, f***ing time zones, but still hope for a good, fun game for all of you here, Bruins' fans. Go Bruins!

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Bruins are an old and slow one-lined team? You should have watched the bruins a little bit more this season...

Bruins keep it rolling.

Whoever thought Bruins were not good or slow team is out to lunch.

A team that kept winning regardless of suspensions/injuries must have done something right....

That said, Leafs FTW tonight ;)

Reactions: northeastern

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto

Leafs do not use traditional line structure. They have three scoring lines that they roll fairly equally and a 4th "checking" line that plays about 5-8 minutes a night.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
So with Leafs new lines-does it look like Babcock plans to match Plekanic to Bergy or Krejci?

I would imagine he will try to mismatch Matthews against our bottom 6 and/or bottom pair when he can.

But seems like the challenge for Toronto is shutting down the Bergy line and getting the Leafs top line scoring.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Thanks and

Holy **** I am pissed at that abysmal line combinations

Putting Plekanec in offensive role beside two scorers is a huge mistake. He doesn't have any offensive upside left in him. To put it lightly, he'll end any offensive pressure or chance when the puck is on his stick. I know Kadri is out but Bozak on the 2nd line seems more fitting.

Reactions: PhiladelphiaKessel

rent free

Apr 6, 2015

he's always been on the 3rd line and him and bozak are two of our worst forwards. jvr-bozak-marner was a great line last season but it was bleeding goals for the early part of this season so babcock put brown on that line and moved marner to the 2nd line to play with marleau and kadri. leo moved from the 2nd line to the 4th line and matt martin came out of the lineup and kapanen was inserted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->