ECQF Game 3: Boston Bruins (2) at Toronto Maple Leafs (3) 7 PM ET | CBC, TVAS, NBCSN, NESN

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Nothing quite like the "better team" getting lit up for 11 goals in 2 games. Seems sustainable. Goalie seems confident.

I think they can do 1 series without Gryz. We'll see what comes of that. He may just need 3 games off.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
I'm not sure where the idea that the Bruins are old or big comes from. The graphics below show they're actually young and small. In fact Toronto is both older and bigger.

NHL teams by age:

Screen-Shot-2018-01-11-at-10.48.43-PM.png

NHL teams by size

Screen-Shot-2018-01-11-at-10.49.43-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2018-01-11-at-10.50.28-PM.png

Franky, it's like the old saying goes by Mark Twain - "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."

Bruins have shown more will and ability to go to the dirty areas. They're not scared to be hit to make a play (not like they're being hit anyway)

You can use all available hockey clichés and it fits. Bruins have been better in every area. Now a lot of that has to do with Toronto just imploding and giving them pretty much everything, but the Bruins team led by their experienced players know what it takes to win in the playoffs. The Leafs from this series, have shown they're still ways away.

Now in saying that, no team is out until they lose their first game at home. Lets see what the boys can do tonight!

Go Leafs Go!

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
-poster calls Bruins old and slow-
-another poster explains why that’s factually incorrect with diagrams-
-original poster ignores response completely-

I was really surprised to see how small they are. I mean I knew it at some level as I've stood side by side with most of those dudes recently and they're real small once you get past Backes/Nash/Nash and a few others at forward. Half the D is mini too. I think once Quader is gone and Chara retires, they'll actually be the smallest NHL team.

Reactions: BonMorrison

Rygu

Dec 24, 2017
B.C.
Good first two games by the Bruins. Leafs are looking like the Solar Bears so far.

Boston is an old and slow one-lined team. Let's see if their unmaintainable crash-and-bang style continues tonight - bet you it doesn't.

Leafs are now home, eating Momma's homemade ragu, ready to hit the ice with the fans loosing their **** to cheer them on.

Leafs in 6. And it'll look easy.

Why do you care what Bruins fans think? They're being (justifiably) smug here anyways.

Leafs in 6.

:laugh:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Looks like no Gryzleck. Though loss for Bruins ability to move the puck. Expect the Bruins to lean heavily on the top 4 IF the game is close.

He got banged up last game. Pierre said he could barely walk.

Going to miss Grizzy bu am confident in Holden.

Welcome Back RILEY!!!!!!!

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I was really surprised to see how small they are. I mean I knew it at some level as I've stood side by side with most of those dudes recently and they're real small once you get past Backes/Nash/Nash and a few others at forward. Half the D is mini too. I think once Quader is gone and Chara retires, they'll actually be the smallest NHL team.
I once went to a charity baseball game with Bruins players and I too was surprised to see how small they looked (out of their hockey gear, I mean though). I looked like The Rock near them, lol.

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
Man Gryz is a very underrated loss. Guy is so sneaky good and only in his first year. His skating ability is a huge plus and he makes smart plays. Im not as big a fan of Holden. He hasnt been awful or anything but just not as consistent at all. Worried about tonight.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Leaf's speed should be able to take advantage of that third pairing for the Bruins, especially those 4th line wingers.
Holden lacks a bit of Grz' mobility but he's still pretty mobile. The larger concern is that pairing is absolute shit defensively.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Hoping to see some life from the team tonight. To win in the playoffs, you need your goalie to be hot, and Anderson has been magnificently not-hot so far. Plenty of blame to go around however, as the offense has been a no-show so far, and Zaitsev has lead the defense to some spectacular missed coverage.

I want the Leafs to win this game. If they can't do that, at least show up and make it competitive. Contrary to the loudest among the opposition, this Leafs team is a good team - they just haven't shown it at all this postseason.

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
Man Gryz is a very underrated loss. Guy is so sneaky good and only in his first year. His skating ability is a huge plus and he makes smart plays. Im not as big a fan of Holden. He hasnt been awful or anything but just not as consistent at all. Worried about tonight.

Not an underrated. The kid fits well - with him all three pairs have decent puck movers.

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
I expect the Leafs to win one of the two in Toronto.

Handshakes on the ice Sat in Boston !!!! I can't wait. I had so much fun at the first two games.:D.
If the B's happen to win both I will put $$$ saved on the 2 games towards the next round.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :clap::clap:

Let's be honest you only think the Leafs win one so you can be there for the series clinch.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I don't want the Bruins to wait to engage tonight. The ACC will be bompin' but the Bruins really need to come out hot on the first shift. Murk Matthews in a corner, set the tone right away. The Leafs are terrified of physicality, which i said from the beginning. Get in their face, make them take penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->