QLfRBlW.jpg

2pd9ivM.jpg

jxS3XnC.jpg
sepoMws.jpg

Canadian-Tire-Centre.jpg

Today's Officials

130p_dwyer.jpg
130p_joannette.jpg

Referees Gord Dwyer (19), Marc Joannette (25)
Standby Brad Watson (23)
Linesmen Steve Barton (59), Jonny Murray (95)

Ntl. Anthem Brenden MacGowan

SERIES HIGHLIGHTS

REALLY OTTAWA???????

BOSTON vs OTTAWA, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Senators are meeting for the first time in the playoffs since the Senators began NHL play in 1992 … That leaves 8 teams that Boston has not yet played in the post-season (Anaheim, Arizona, Calgary, Columbus, Minnesota, Nashville, San Jose,Winnipeg).

The Bruins played the original Ottawa Senators in the 1927 Stanley Cup Final, won by Ottawa in four games.

The Bruins now lead the Senators, 1-0, all-time in playoff games with a 2-1 scoring edge.

2017 ROUND ONE SERIES vs OTTAWA

The Bruins and Senators play game 2 of their Round One series today with Boston holding a 1-0 series lead … The series will next go to Boston for games 3 (Apr. 17) and 4 (Apr. 19) … If necessary, games 5 (Apr. 21) and 7 (Apr. 26) will be in Ottawa with game 6 (Apr. 23) in Boston.

The Bruins enter tonight’s game with a 34-14 record when leading a best-of-7 series 1-0 … They are 30-17-1 all-time in game 2snwhen leading a best-of-7 series 1-0 (game 2 of their 1951 SF series vs. Toronto ended in a 1-1 tie due to a Toronto sporting event curfew law).

They have a 23-7 series record when leading a best-of-7 series 2-0 and a 23-14 series record when series are tied at 1-1 after game 2.

Drew Stafford is the only current Bruin who has previously faced Ottawa in a playoff series (played one scoreless game while with Buffalo in 2007).

Zdeno Chara played 45 playoff games with Ottawa from the 2002-2006 post-seasons with 3-11=14 totals in those games.

Gm 1, Apr. 12: Bos 2 at Ott 1 … Bobby Ryan opened the series scoring with a 2nd period goal for Ottawa, who held the Bruins without a shot in that period … The Bruins scored twice in the 3rd for the win, as Frank Vatrano evened the score with his 1st career playoff goal & Brad Marchand netted the GWG with 2:33 remaining in regulation … 8 Bruins made their playoff debuts in the game with Charlie McAvoy playing his 1st career NHL game … Tuukka Rask took the win in goal … SOG: Bos 25, Ott 27 … PP: 0/4 … PK: 0/2

MILESTONES APPROACHING

Patrice Bergeron is four games short of his 100th NHL playoff game.

INJURIES

Torey Krug – Lower body
Noel Acciari – Upper body
Brandon Carlo – Upper body
David Krejci – Upper body
Colin Miller- Lower body

2016-17 SEASON SERIES vs. OTTAWA
- The Bruins were 0-3-1 vs. Ottawa this season with a 3-1 loss in Ottawa on Nov. 24, 4-2 setback in Ottawa on Mar. 6, 3-2 loss in
Boston on Mar. 21 and 2-1 shootout loss in Boston on Apr. 6.
- The Senators outscored the Bruins by an 11-6 margin (not including the shootout deciding goal).
- Torey Krug (1-3=4) led the Bruins in scoring in the four games … Brad Marchand and David Pastrnak had 1-1=2 totals each.
- Tuukka Rask played all four games in goal with a 2.49 GAA and .902 save percentage in the series.
Season Series Fun Facts: 5 of Boston’s 6 goals in the series were scored on the power play and they went 1 for 1 on the power play in
3 of the 4 games … The Bruins scored 4 of their 6 goals in the 1st period with the other 2 scored in the 3rd … The home team outshot
the visitor in all 4 games … This was the 1st season in which the Bruins did not have a win vs. the Senators

The Boston Bruins will be down to the ninth defenseman on their organizational depth chart and without their second-line center once again when they try to take a 2-0 first-round series lead against the Ottawa Senators at Canadian Tire Centre on Saturday.

Colin Miller is expected to join the Bruins' banged up blueline brigade, which already includes Torey Krug and Brandon Carlo, as a result of a second period knee-on-knee collision with Mark Borowiecki in Game 1. Expected to take his lineup spot is Joe Morrow, a former first round pick who suited up for just 17 games this season with Boston -- the most recent on Jan. 22.

While Miller attempted to skate on Friday, David Krejci wasn't even at practice. The veteran center, who has twice led the NHL in playoffs scoring, also missed Game 1 while dealing with what's believed to be an upper-body injury.

Coach Bruce Cassidy said Krejci would be "unavailable" for Game 2.

"He's day-to-day. He wasn't very good today," Cassidy said. "We were hoping he'd skate. It didn't happen. Not playing for four days, it's going to be difficult (for Saturday). We hope he'll come around, but I guess I should say it's not looking good for him."

The Senators are hopeful for the return of defenseman Marc Methot, who hasn't played since having the tip of his finger severed by a slash on March 23.

Coach Guy Boucher says Erik Karlsson's regular partner is "close", but Methot is still having difficulty shooting the puck.

"There's a whole bunch of stuff going on," Methot said Friday. "At the end of the day, I just want to be able to an effective player and help the team when I am coming back in, and not hurting anybody by coming back prematurely.

"When I get to that point, I'll know, whether it's tomorrow or the next game, we'll deal with it."

The Senators will need to get their offense untracked if they want to even a series that saw them lose the opener, 2-1. In their last 29 games, they have scored a total of 16 goals.

However, morale in the Ottawa room remains high.

"It's a long series," Senators center Kyle Turris said. "We knew the odds of us sweeping Boston weren't very good. We figured we'd lose at some point. We've just got to take the right steps to get back in the win column.

"We're a confident group. It was nice to get home ice advantage, but we're used to playing on the road, too. We're fine."

Following Wednesday's game, Boston winger Brad Marchand said he didn't think his team would win the series unless it started playing better.

Of particular concern to the Bruins is Ottawa's defensive structure, which played a part in preventing them from getting a single shot on goal in the second period of Game 1.

"I think definitely (improvements are needed) in the way we take care of the puck," Marchand said Friday. "You saw in the second period, we played right into their hands. And that's when they're at their best."

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
House money for the Bruins.

Might as well push the tempo and go for broke.

Coming back to bsoton tied 1-1 isn't the worst outcome in light of the unjust situation.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The fans singing the National Anthem was such an emotional time.It is something I will never forget. The outpouring of support from everywhere was amazing.

I wanted the B's to win one game from the first two but now I am greedy and want two..

Please no more injuries.

4-2 Boston.:crossfing

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO:handclap::handclap:

Last edited:

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Expecting a very desperate Sens team in this one, to come out of home ice and our injury situation empty handed would be a disaster for them in the series.

Think we'll have to be a lot better than last game to get a win today.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Going to be tough almost wish I was there on the bench to guide Butch :shakehead

Going 5-2 Sens and massive Bruins hate on this board till they win game 3 on Monday

Still picking Bruins in 6

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The fans singing the National Anthem was such an emotional time.It is something I will never forget. The outpouring of support from everywhere was amazing.

I wanted the B's to win one game from the first two but now I am greedy and want two..

Please no more injuries.

4-2 Boston.:crossfing

That game 2 nights afterwards was very emotional. We still didn't know who had done it and would they strike again. Seeing TANKS outside of TD Garden was terrifying. :cry:

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Expecting a very desperate Sens team in this one, to come out of home ice and our injury situation empty handed would be a disaster for them in the series.

Yep. Really tough to see them winning the series if they go down 0-2 at home, especially since time is our ally at this point with our injuries. Methot is back today, I think, so besides a few people playing injured they're all caught up.

We'll hopefully be adding our 1B C, #3D, and maybe #2D in the next 1-5 games.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
That game 2 nights afterwards was very emotional. We still didn't know who had done it and would they strike again. Seeing TANKS outside of TD Garden was terrifying. :cry:

and all of the service guys with those guns at the Garden. I thanked them for protecting us. My non-hockey sister called to beg us to not go to that game. I said F that. I need to live life.

It makes me sad to think anyone would think that it was OK to do something like this but I know it goes on all over the world daily. Little Martin's beautiful face gets to me still (as the others as well but there is something about him).

It makes me angry that one of those guys is still alive. :rant:

sigh...There is more good than bad in the world but the evil seem to get the front page every day.:(

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
honestly at the start of the year I did not give the Bruins much of a chance for improvement. I laughed when Jacobs said he expected a "deep" playoff. In early February the firing of Julien confirmed my suspicions they would be a lottery team looking for a high draft pick and building for the future.

Then something wonderful happened, the coaching change did something. Be it the coach the players, whatever the team suddenly was what I hoped the Bruins would be a couple of years ago. Despite this wonderful transformation the injury bug has hit the Bruins hard. i am also convinced that the Bruins, and other teams, do not have the best possible roster because of the need to have some expendables for the expansion draft. I am convinced that after the draft is completed, there will be several moves for underperforming players across the league

At this point I am enjoying every second, knowing this was above my wildest hopes and the future looks very bright for the team.

now...go get em

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Watched game one on a laptop in the outdoor lobby of the resort with my Brother in Costa Rica in our Bruins gear!

Watching game two together with the boys as we get ready before his wedding day ceremony! He'll be exchanging vows mid-third period so the best wedding gift he could get today from Boston would be a win!

Go Bruins GO!!

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Dear Tuukka,

We need you to steal another game here. Pastrnak and one of the D are going to get you two goals and Backes or Bergeron another but you need to keep it to 2 goals or less please.

Signed,

The Boston Bruins

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
and all of the service guys with those guns at the Garden. I thanked them for protecting us. My non-hockey sister called to beg us to not go to that game. I said F that. I need to live life.

It makes me sad to think anyone would think that it was OK to do something like this but I know it goes on all over the world daily. Little Martin's beautiful face gets to me still (as the others as well but there is something about him).

It makes me angry that one of those guys is still alive. :rant:

sigh...There is more good than bad in the world but the evil seem to get the front page every day.:(

27A79D9E00000578-3052377-Martin_Richard_suffered_visceral_pain_a_surgeon_told_the_bomber_-a-18_1429819886111.jpg

I suspect this picture of him at a Bruins game is the reason. :cry:

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Watched game one on a laptop in the outdoor lobby of the resort with my Brother in Costa Rica in our Bruins gear!

Watching game two together with the boys as we get ready before his wedding day ceremony! He'll be exchanging vows mid-third period so the best wedding gift he could get today from Boston would be a win!

Go Bruins GO!!

Enjoy your day !

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
27A79D9E00000578-3052377-Martin_Richard_suffered_visceral_pain_a_surgeon_told_the_bomber_-a-18_1429819886111.jpg

I suspect this picture of him at a Bruins game is the reason. :cry:

I printed and had this photo laminated wore it to that game. I still have it.

I still have a difficult time getting my head around anyone thinking they should do this. That Dzhokhar Tsarnaev seems to have no remorse bothers me. That he is still alive really pisses me off.

Hey B's ...please win

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

must mean they`ll play a 2-3 in the neutral zone rather than a 1-3-1:laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Go Bruins GO!!

Are you best man ?

Need to work the Bruins into speach

Have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->