Boston Bruins ECQF: Game 1 - Toronto @ BRUINS - Second Period

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
It's called goaltending, without it you are toast in the playoffs. We squeaked by TO last year in spite of Rask.
You act like Andersen was good last year for them. He sucked in all 4 of their losses. Like putrid level bad.

Rask wasn't great, but did enough.

This is what Andersen does. He'll look great in two or so games, and garbage in the others.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
The B's better come out hard in the third.

The Leafs are pounding the. B'S. Bruins are to small and not tough enough. Someone (besides Jake ) is going to get inured.

I don't know what the answer is...I hope someone does

I keep waiting for a Bruin to be injured. Toronto hitting, Bruins afraid to/wrong players to.

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
It's not any particular player. It's certainly not Backes. It's allowing the Leafs execute their blatant game plan. Center plays defense and wingers are bolting

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Kuhlman should be in the lineup, just not on the second line. It's dumb as hell to have him there. Bs have one bonafide scoring line right now because of the asinine lines.

Reactions: BruinsFTW

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Trying to beat Leafs with speed is bad coaching.Bruins beat them this year and last year by being hungry on pucks and winning puck battles low.Cut the ice off..Playoffs start and Cassidy changes everything that worked.
We ARENT trying to beat them with speed. We’ve had our cycle game working well. Just haven’t buried one.

What’s killing us is ineptitude on our defensive blue line. DeBrusk, Griz and Chara. All 3 couldn’t make a basic hockey play, and we needed a save on that third one.

Clean that up and it’s a 1-1 game.

This game is FAR from over, so put the panic button away.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
I gotta say, I am disappointed in Cassidy's decisions pregame. I know I know, it's very easy to second guess after the fact and I'm only adding onto the rampant (and rightful) negativity train here, but I really think you start the VET and then enter the fresh legged kid IF you need a boost. To me, you keep Backes in the lineup bc playoff experience and toughness are things we need in this series and this is coming from a big Kuhlman fan. We are missing him in the locker room, and on the ice to settle things down or do something physical that might wake the talent up.

Another thing is I would like to see Pasta off the first line. When he is on, he is deadly offensively but when he is off he is a burden defensively. Put Heinen up there. That line had fantastic numbers defensively/possession wise. Let Krejci and Pasta go to work for a bit see if they can help each other.

We can easily come back and get this thing tied. Play a period of Bruins hockey and we will be going to OT.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Come on folks it's game 1 , this thread looks like a pats superbowl tread. Relax, if anyone thought this was going to be easy you're nuts. The Leafs are a very good team, we are pretty evenly matched this can and will go 6-7 games.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
The Leafs are really taking advantage of our aggressive defense and making good plays for turnovers & breakouts. Taking a lesson from the last two games we played against Tampa. We need to tighten up, get a bounce or two and keep working hard; I think we'll wear them down.
You can be aggressive at the point. The problem is doing when when tour support is all down at the red line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad