Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 94 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.9%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.9%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 268 17.4%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 21 1.4%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.5%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.2%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 179 11.6%

• Total voters

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Theres a massive difference between "rebuild" and taking a step back. I think everyone knew Boston would take a step back, I don't think anyone would think they would finish well out of the playoffs and in the basement like a "rebuilding" team. OP called them a re-building team. They are not anywhere close to a re-building team in my definition.

They had all the intentions of trying to compete coming into this year.

Our own board poll heavily reflected wild card at best roster, many expected a playoffs miss.

Ownership, they want many series for the $$. Fans would be happy with this roster advancing past the 1st round. Naturally since it is upon us we would hope for more.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Being propped by loser points because refs always give "timely PPs" to bruins isn't defined as "good this year"

If the refs called the game by the book and din't give bruins timely PPs boston would be a WC team or probably don't even make playoffs

View attachment 855594
ThOsE dArN rEfS! Always screwing my team but helping them out. We only have 10 OTL gosh dangit

:rolleyes:

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Do you honestly believe this lmao?

What rebuilding team doesnt trade away current roster players for assets, signs the likes of jvr, shattenkirk etc in the summer, doesnt move ullmark, dont have their 1st, 2nd or 3rd round picks this year.

Theres no way you seriously believe they were "rebuilding" this year.
They lost their top two centers - who were VERY good, by the way - and still lost the division by a point.

The Bruins were handcuffed by some salary cap issues, and absolutely need to address the 1C position this offseason. As well as Coyle and Zacha have played this season, they still need a top-flight superstar center. *This* season is kind of a bridge year.

If the Bruins lose this series and look bad doing it, there very well could be changes behind the bench and upstairs as well.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1713619014148.png

1713619028102.png

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad