Pre-Game Talk: ECQF G5 4/19 7:11 PM - B's need to win an odd numbered game so this seems like a good time to do so

Which team wins Game 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Would they actually choose Calgary/Colorado over Boston/Toronto? Seems like an obvious choice :dunno:

HNIC/CBC, of course, wants Toronto in prime time but they also know they could play at 2 AM and still get an audience.

The NBC Mothership has 3 to 6 PM blocked for the NHL and if Calgary loses that leaves only Boston/Toronto.

If I had to bet I would say 3 PM on Sunday but I honestly don't know - nobody on the NBC crew does yet

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
It seems silly that one fourth liner could make such a difference, but am I the only one who feels like Sean Kuraly being on that 4th line will completely change the flow of the game in our favor?

Toronto's most extended zone time has been against the 4th line. I love Acciari when he's free to go make hits and dig against the wall, but he's being eaten alive trying to cover all the defensive duties as an undersized center here. Kuraly's presence frees Acciari from a lot of that, and if possession turns around and they're actually getting up ice with regularity, Wagner's offensive upside can come into play.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It seems silly that one fourth liner could make such a difference, but am I the only one who feels like Sean Kuraly being on that 4th line will completely change the flow of the game in our favor?

Toronto's most extended zone time has been against the 4th line. I love Acciari when he's free to go make hits and dig against the wall, but he's being eaten alive trying to cover all the defensive duties as an undersized center here. Kuraly's presence frees Acciari from a lot of that, and if possession turns around and they're actually getting up ice with regularity, Wagner's offensive upside can come into play.

Kuraly allows the B`s to have all 4 lines completely stable and gives Butch the opportunity to sit someone (likely Backes ). What Kuraly also does is bring a very strong possession game, when he gets that puck, it`s rare he just gives it away and/or loses it, he`s the kind of guy who can tire out a D and there is little doubt he drives that 4th line

Reactions: Paddington

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
If Kuraly is ready I would replace Wagner. This season I have appreciated Kuraly far more on the wing. He and Acciari had great chemistry with Wagner that I hope they can bring to a line with Nordstrom. PK and Wagner's less agressive/productive game lead me to Nordstrom over Wagner.

Earlier in the year I didn't want Acciari at all. Shows how much I know.

Reactions: jangerhofer

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
If Kuraly is ready I would replace Wagner. This season I have appreciated Kuraly far more on the wing. He and Acciari had great chemistry with Wagner that I hope they can bring to a line with Nordstrom. PK and Wagner's less agressive/productive game lead me to Nordstrom over Wagner.

yeah Wags might sit too, just doesn`t have that zip in his checks since his late season injury whatever that was

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

I get the sentiment, but I'd rather roll with Wags. Nordstrom is a solid player, but he doesn't provide anything that we don't already have higher on the roster. Good PKer, but we have plenty of penalty killers. Wagner brings more offensive pop, and that's what we need.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I get the sentiment, but I'd rather roll with Wags. Nordstrom is a solid player, but he doesn't provide anything that we don't already have higher on the roster. Good PKer, but we have plenty of penalty killers. Wagner brings more offensive pop, and that's what we need.
in all honesty, in this series, Nordy`s game has been, by far more effective than Wags overall play

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario

I agree. He can skate puck out of zone as well

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

You weren't alone

Reactions: HustleB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad