Pre-Game Talk: ECQF G1 - 4/11 7:12 PM - (A3) Toronto at (A2) BRUINS - NESN, CBC, NBCSN, SN (4K), TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Why do fans from opposing teams always say stuff like, “the talk coming out of Boston makes me feel like the Bruins will be overconfident.”

As if what the fans and/or media think have an affect on the guys actually playing.

:dunno:
It makes them feel better.

I don't pay attention to the media here in Boston, but on Twitter and on this forum, I don't get the impression that fans are overconfident. It feels more like the Canadian media trying to create a boogeyman for Leafs fans.

Last edited:

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
sports41119.png

Reactions: BMC

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
It makes them feel better.

I don't pay attention to the Boston media here in Boston, but on Twitter and on this forum, I don't get the impression that fans are overconfident. It feels more like the Canadian media trying to create a boogeyman for Leafs fans.

I feel that if both teams play to their potential, the B’s are the better all around team and will win. If either team doesn’t bring it and execute, they will be golfing in a couple of weeks.

Reactions: Absurdity

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada
I'll be watching this one on replay as I work until midnight. Thankfully after 8 I work alone and don't have to worry about spoilers. LETS GO BRUINS!

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Tavares is actually one of the few Leafs I do like. Putting aside what he did/didn't do to the Fishsticks, he's always been a classy guy who plays the game right.
If he had come to Boston by some chance I doubt any Boston fans would be worrying about what he did to the Isles. I agree with you that he plays the right way. As much as I despise the Leafs I actually like Tavares and Marner quite a bit. The rest not so much.

Reactions: caz16 and lopey

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I'm ready to run through a brick ****ing wall.

Holy ****. I need to calm down.

Update: I just created a powerpoint and did a SWOT analysis for a senior management meeting tomorrow. I'm now calm.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I miss playoffs Lucic. He was just a force of nature and really stepped up in big moments. Whenever he was going in the corner after a puck, you could just feel the anticipation of the crowd ready to explode over yet another Lucic smoke job on some poor dman.
In that game 7 against the Leafs ...Looch was yelling we can do this with 10 min left and the team down 4-1. We were saying ..."I don't think you can" but Looch did NOT want to lose that game. I do miss him. I know he hasn't been playing well but my memories of his time in Boston were good.

He was so classy when he left Boston. I know he is still close with some of the B's. I believe he loves the city of Boston.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
One thing for sure- I'm not getting a damn thing done today!!!
I have this up on my computer but have to do SOME work. Folks keep asking me "Are you going to the game tonight?"

Lots of bandwagon fans jumping on...I say WELCOME !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->