Series Talk: ECQF: Florida Panthers vs Tampa Bay Lightning (FLA leads 3-1)

What will be the outcome of the series?

• Lightning in 4

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Lightning in 5

Votes: 10 1.5%
  • Lightning in 6

Votes: 71 10.7%
  • Lightning in 7

Votes: 133 20.1%
  • Panthers in 4

Votes: 27 4.1%
  • Panthers in 5

Votes: 89 13.4%
  • Panthers in 6

Votes: 204 30.8%
  • Panthers in 7

Votes: 122 18.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Best thing from Panthers for me is there's 'just' enough physical play and truculence, but it's more controlled than last year. Can tell they've learned. People thought ahead of this series it was going to be a bloodbath.

Maybe that's yet to come, but Panthers have been relatively disciplined while not ignoring the fun stuff.

Yeah, they learned two things over the last years:

1- You have to stay out of the penalty box against Tampa.
2- Making it to the finals is exhausting. I think every players in this league know it, but you can't really know it until you actually play a SC finals.

I wasn't expecting this series to be as physical as it's been in the past between these two teams. Panthers is now a mature team and they're better at managing their energy. Last series, Tampa was the better team and Panthers tried to at least win the physical battle. Now, Panthers know they can be the better team at hockey.

With that being said, they took 3-4 dumbs penalties in the offensive zone last night. So it's not perfect and they still have to be player smarter.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Probably means nothing. Maurice is not going to say he is done until it is obvious.
afkgaming%2F2021-08%2F79649079-d0e7-4acd-853b-6a2b92797da3%2Fcopium_png.png

IronCladCane

Apr 15, 2024
Honestly I expect to lose every game but they have not been close except for the score, Panthers have far and away been better.
I've watched both, the lightning have been like that all season and in the playoffs the score is all that matters I kinda expect yall to win a few games with like 15 SOG and 5 goals....

I've learned agaist counting yall out I'm sure you take game 3....

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
You know what I haven't heard a lot of lately? Criticism for Bobrovsky's contract. Where's the "don't pay for saves" crowd at these days?

Panthers fans were counting the days until we can get out of that contract for like four years. And to be fair, he was legitimately awful -- like sub replacement level -- his first couple of seasons.

Now? Not so much. Think it's more likely than not that he actually plays it out in full, which was pretty unthinkable in 2021.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Panthers fans were counting the days until we can get out of that contract for like four years. And to be fair, he was legitimately awful -- like sub replacement level -- his first couple of seasons.

Now? Not so much. Think it's more likely than not that he actually plays it out in full, which was pretty unthinkable in 2021.
He didn’t have the team playing in front of him like they do now. It was, Let’s go score another....oh shit, look out Bob, here they come again

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

Team was more run and gun, less defensive zone play, when Bob was signed. The play in front of him was awful, and it was evident by his inconsistency.

Since Maurice was brought in, and the team has bought in into what he wants, they have been MUCH better defensively, and Bob has been outstanding because of it. They were a top 2 defensive team this season, which coincides with Bob having his best season as a Panther.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
Such a fun series to watch, im finnish so i also watch my (and Barkov's) hometown team in finnish league finals. And the hockey is just so next level, this is best time of the year to remind people likemyself how insanely good NHL players are. The speed is one thing, but the biggest thing to me is how hard players pass and how they receive the passes, NHL playoffs are just something else. You got a 110kg dude coming at you at the speed of sound? No worries ill just shoot this perfect pass to this guy and take the hit and jump back up, i love this sport.

Ekblast

"We're still learning." -Coach Brunette.
Nov 9, 2002
Flori-duh
www.Reddit.com

Bob WAS terrible then... and so was our defense. They go hand in hand.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Bennett with the wrist injury should play tomorrow night
Even with one wrist he has a better chance to score over ERod

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Losing Bennett is a big loss not gonna lie. But it is what it is, almost every team deals with injuries in the postseason at some point. No excuses.

Lundell also finally gets to show us what he can do as a 2C for an extended period of time. Him stepping up his game would be huge for us.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

RJMA

Feb 15, 2023
Got the feeling after two close games and no Bennet the Lightning take two at home and even this.

This isnt the 2023 Panthers, who were icing Denisenko, Dalpe, Colin White, Casey Fitzgerald and Givanni Smith in place of the wounded. Reinforcements this time are plenty capable. That was Zito's main acquisitions objective from the offseason through the trade deadline. And while i love sam bennett, losing any one of barkov, reinhart, verhaeghe, tkachuk or tarasenko would have been worse. Defense is intact, as is the goaltending. "Count your blessings."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad