Series Discussion: ECQF: Capitals vs. Leafs pt2 (Caps Win 4-2) (Leafs fans READ POST #1)

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I only post on other boards to congratulate them or say I admire one of their players. The only boards for which I actually enjoy reading the tears is the Isles board. Their fans are incredibly delusional.

I never post. Just soak in the sweet salty tears....the BEST is when they start thinking that the Caps "aren't that good" or that "we absolutely suck" because they feel their team doesn't even belong in the NHL.

They insult themselves and there is nothing sweeter to my eyes.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I am on the main board thread debating the meaning of luck with Leafs fans. Please take away my keyboard.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I am on the main board thread debating the meaning of luck with Leafs fans. Please take away my keyboard.

I can't even bear to look more than once or twice a day. I get that all fan bases have "those fans", but they're rivaling Pens fans in jerkiness level. In a few year assuming they're legit contenders, they'll be insufferable. Complete lack of humility will make them the most disliked around here imo.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Show them the goal that bounced off of Schmidt's head and then walk away

In their universe that's a calculated play that was made possibly by team speed and Matthews' ability around the net. Generating that kind of thing is a skill. Make that same play enough times and not scoring is what would really be unlucky.

yeah.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
In their universe that's a calculated play that was made possibly by team speed and Matthews' ability around the net. Generating that kind of thing is a skill. Make that same play enough times and not scoring is what would really be unlucky.

yeah.

They are "fans" which means they are fanatical. There is always a percentage of a fanbase that is that to the extreme and since the Leafs have more fans then all other teams combined it stands to reason they have more of these types of extreme fans.

But trust me...if the goals scored were reversed they'd be screaming at the top of their lungs about how lucky we've gotten.

Kegger

Apr 23, 2002
Texas

Haha. It's the luck of the bounce and it's part of the game. Really, it's why I'm not gonna fret about the series since those kinds of opportunities can dry up too.

Tweedsuitcase

Sep 28, 2009
the main board thread - a mix of overly cocky fans, and fans wondering what our problem is and saying they are so reasonable and weren't expecting anything out of this series.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
i am on the main board thread debating the meaning of luck with leafs fans. Please take away my keyboard.

bgGLV.gif

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
I just clicked on the threat for the first time in about 4 days and just couldn't bring myself to read anything.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

That's your punishment for being a global mod. Leafs fans are nice, they just have the numbers. If we beat them and move on to the 2nd round, it's gonna be 100 times worse. Pens fans are obnoxious and their luck in the playoffs is unreal. See Wilson's goal yesterday where he scored without knowing it.

OV Rocks

Jan 5, 2014
Beach with Beer
As Caps fans we deal with ignorant and obnoxious Penguins fans, Incompetent Ranger fans, downright stupid Flyer fans, and lost Islanders fans regularly. I think it is safe to say that the Maple Leafs fans are some of the worst, blindly yelling anything that brings about their point as to why the Maple Leafs the messiah. Downright brutal to deal with.

"Hey Leafs fan coming in peace to say why our team is amazing and you suck"

Sorey Eh?!

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
As Caps fans we deal with ignorant and obnoxious Penguins fans, Incompetent Ranger fans, downright stupid Flyer fans, and lost Islanders fans regularly. I think it is safe to say that the Maple Leafs fans are some of the worst, blindly yelling anything that brings about their point as to why the Maple Leafs the messiah. Downright brutal to deal with.

"Hey Leafs fan coming in peace to say why our team is amazing and you suck"

Sorey Eh?!

Leafs fans are a lot better than Pens fans of Isles fans. Flyers fans are just frustrated because their team isn't competitive and Giroux isn't young anymore. Rags fans are just pompous. Leafs fans don't try to confront us or diss our team, they just want us to acknowledge the fact that their team has far surpassed expectations. They're very optimistic right now, and they're right to be optimistic.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Yes, well. We heard that the Leads had the advantage playing in front of those rabid Leafs fans. Now we hear that the Leafs are free of the stress of that advantage and now have the advantage because they are on the road and thus have the advantage. The Caps meanwhile are at the disadvantage because wherever they play they are still the Caps

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
That's your punishment for being a global mod. Leafs fans are nice, they just have the numbers. If we beat them and move on to the 2nd round, it's gonna be 100 times worse. Pens fans are obnoxious and their luck in the playoffs is unreal. See Wilson's goal yesterday where he scored without knowing it.

Oh there are many, many punishments. lol

I was actually a dual Leafs/Caps fan nearly 30 years ago and for a while after that so it's hilarious when I get called a "leafs hater" just for disagreeing. I'm restraining myself compared to what I want to say.

If we make the next round it will much more difficult to hold back because there is no question I hate the Penguins more than any other professional sports team. That includes the Yankees, Cowboys, Patriots and ESPN's entire staff.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I don't know why people are that worried about the pens after this showing

Not after this showing, for me. Just worried about Pens generally. Cup favorite at this point, in my book, and by a significant margin. All they do is win. And when their opponent does fight back, like Blue Jackets did in 2nd period yesterday, to close score to 3-2 (in much the same way that Toronto has clawed back in the two games we jumped out to early leads), the Pens opened the third period by slamming the door on them. Crosby, then Wilson ... boom, 5-2 final. That is how you close the door.

By the way, for all the crap about MAF and his legendary mental weakness, i thought he was superb during the utter hurricane coming at him yesterday between CBJ 2nd goal and the end of 2nd period. Rest of his team was junk, but MAF was very good. That's what you need from a goalie (obviously), keeping team alive when they are playing like crap.

I think we could play Pens tight, and even win series. But hell yes, i worry about them. They took care of business in very impressive way against a CBJ team which was deeper, more experienced, and higher seeded than the Leafs.

Yes, the Leafs are playing well right now. But to an extent, we have also allowed them to do so. I don't believe Pens would be tied 2-2 with Leafs right now.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
So I asked the doc, is it better for my fragile mind, to lose vs Toronto, or to Pitt.

He told me to flip a coin.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
So I asked the doc, is it better for my fragile mind, to lose vs Toronto, or to Pitt.

He told me to flip a coin.

There are advantages to both scenarios.

Lose to Pitt, it means at least you advanced to 2nd round. Less embarrassing of a crap-out.

Then again, every time we lose to 87, another (not-so-little) piece of me dies inside.

Also, lose to Toronto, and it's two fewer weeks of life-shortening cortisol and debilitating stress.

For me ... it's a wash.

Best option: Lose to no one, win the Cup, obtain the ability to die happy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad