Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 94 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 20.1%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 29.1%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 266 17.4%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 21 1.4%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.5%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 191 12.5%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 168 11.0%

• Total voters

The90

Feb 27, 2017
"Dirty" routine play executed frequently in games. If only Marchand were such a distraction to the Toronto players....
Is it 2011? Are the big bad bruins back? Will pvc be rattled that his bad boys aren’t so bad anymore? Stay tuned to find out

Race Dawg

Mar 10, 2023
Sunny Muskoka
I'll go Boston in 6. They just have this generation's number right now.
Sadly I'm predicting the **cough cough ** Leafs in 6. They're due unfortunately and Matthew gonna do some damage IMO. HUGE question is Toronto's goaltending as it's just horse manure. However just think it's Toronto's turn to press on.

But hopefully the Bruins can continue to live rent-free in Toronto's head. Anyways Go Bruins!!!

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
JMHO...this series is about goaltending.

Whichever team's goaltender rises to the situation...will win.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Can we all at least admit that Marchand looks like one of those wormy kids growing up who would have a beef with a guy on the baseball diamond, act as if everything is cool and then while riding his bike safely half a mile away he would start shouting at the kid, calling him the worst names?
Perhaps in a controlled environment. I don't know, he has that wormy look. We all know the types when we were kids lol. Or, they had the big brother just in case they upset the wrong kid.
Sounds like some childhood stuff you need to work through

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
All the pressure is on Toronto.

Nobody expected the Bruins to be good this year yet here we are.

Banking on the mental fragility of Toronto to play in Boston’s favor because on paper they should beat us.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

Banking on the mental fragility of Toronto to play in Boston’s favor because on paper they should beat us.
Seems like a lot of mental gymnastics going on with Bruins fans to try and act like you are somehow the underdog in this matchup when in reality it is two very even teams going into what will probably be a long tough series. There is pressure on both teams, lets not be dumb here.

Reactions: Rob Brown

Race Dawg

Mar 10, 2023
Sunny Muskoka
you didnt think after last season Ottawa would have been closer to battle for a wildcard spot?
Many of us had our reservations about keeping DJ on and starting the season with him as skipper. Honestly after the first few weeks we were all screaming for his head. Enter Martin as his replacement and same old, same old.

I think it's a combination of poor goaltending, coaching and player unity. A few primadonnas that are passengers on that team, collecting paychecks. This team is a circus show TBH.

The last playoff game I went to I was sitting 5 rows behind Tuka Rask. Tuka was playing. That's how long it's been. We beat Boston and ended their season. 😁

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Probably my most anticipated series other than Winnipeg. Matthews marner and nylander need to be dominant. It's about time they got a deep run with these guys.

Reactions: Tarmore

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc

Curious to see if the Leafs get Tyler Bertuzzi from last playoffs as a Bruin, where he was their best player and he put up 10pts in 7 games.

If they do, he has to be on the top line with Matthews and Marner to elevate them.

He was also a defensive nightmare.
He managed to be a -4 while scoring 5 goals and getting 5 assists in 7 games ?

Quite an exploit !

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
i thought toronto would win but man these d pairings look horrible lol

Leaf D pairs at practice:

Rielly — Lyubushkin
Benoit — McCabe
Edmundson — Liljegren
Yet despite how absolute ass this Leafs defensive core is, they've put up similar numbers to the Bruins in terms of defensive metrics since Jan 1

Goaltending is the major difference between the two clubs, Boston isn't a defensive juggernaut like Carolina or Florida (or like Boston themselves used to be)

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site

Umm this seems like kind of a big deal, no? Nylander played in all 82 games so is it safe to assume something happened in the last (meaningless) game of the year?
Kind of hilarious that since this has been posted, there's like 3 pages of (even more) posts about which team is "tougher" and who has more pressure and whose dad can beat up your dad...and yet crickets about one of the Leafs' best players potentially not playing in Game 1.
Don't ever change, HFBoards.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Umm this seems like kind of a big deal, no? Nylander played in all 82 games so is it safe to assume something happened in the last (meaningless) game of the year?
Kind of hilarious that since this has been posted, there's like 3 pages of (even more) posts about which team is "tougher" and who has more pressure and whose dad can beat up your dad...and yet crickets about one of the Leafs' best players potentially not playing in Game 1.
I hear that there's a flu bug going through at least the Leafs locker room if not both of them. He might just be sick. If that's the case he might play game one, I would think he would be back by game two. Young Sheldon is playing his cards tight to the vest as all coaches this time of year so don't expect an answer anytime soon

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I'm old, I've seen a tonne of playoff hockey. . .

But game one when you have all the hope in the world, everyone is even, and spring has arrived.. . .

As Don Cherry would say. . . She a f""""n beauty. . . .

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

I think he’s probably playing. They practiced PP1 with Jarnkrok at his spot which feels like a placeholder. If they thought him playing was unlikely they’d probably practice with Bertuzzi on the unit.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Being propped by loser points because refs always give "timely PPs" to bruins isn't defined as "good this year"

If the refs called the game by the book and din't give bruins timely PPs boston would be a WC team or probably don't even make playoffs

1713589984609.png

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I predict there is going to be epic amount of complaining about reffing in this series. No tin foil hats, no conspiracies.

Just play hockey, watch and enjoy the ride.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
How can bruins fans act like their team has no pressure despite choking in the first round to the 8th seed and blowing not only series leads but leads in game 7 as well. Yeah they won over a decade ago, but theyve had plenty of choke jobs since then. Leafs aren't the only ones with pressure to prove something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad