Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (BOS Leads 3-2)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 94 6.2%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 20.4%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 29.5%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 258 17.1%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 21 1.4%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.5%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 191 12.7%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 152 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
I think there is a ton of pressure on Boston as well. They are favored, they have home ice advantage, and they are looking to atone for last year's first round collapse.
I get that, but this was supposed to be a transition year for them given all the talent they lost last summer. Most pundits had them picked to either miss the playoffs or eek in as a WC team. They went well over preseason expectations. Given Toronto's core being so anemic in the playoffs I feel there is definitely more pressure on them since Boston is playing with house money at this point. But you're right -- pressure on both teams for different reasons.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
It isn’t that hard. Score a lot on the PP while giving up goals at even strength.
He had 6 points on the PP. He was on the ice for 8 GA at even strength.

You were trying to diminish his offensive output and insinuate that he sucked by stating he was "minus 4" despite putting up points, insinuating he isn't as good as you all were claiming he was last year. Nice try though.
I know this will blow your mind, but not all Bruins fans - or any fans for that matter - have the same opinions.

Reactions: AvroArrow

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Bruins were the superior squad the previous 3 series (2013, 2018, 2019). Their 2013 and 2019 teams were rather deep and dominant.

I legitimately think the Leafs SHOULD pull it off this time.

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan

Assuming your video is the sequence of nobody Domi tangling up Marchand who is laughing the entire time as... toughness... well there is something to cling to perhaps.

Domi-squashing-the-rat.gif

"The C is for Coward" - Brad Marchand 2024

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
Fun fact:The leafs all-time playoff point leader is (still) Doug Gilmour and he was only there for 4 years.

Matthews has been with leafs much longer and has a knack of disappearing especially if things get rough.

When things got rough...Killer thrived.
Yeah, it's nuts eh? Gilmour was a playoff beast for the Leafs. 33 more playoff pts than Matthews in only 2 more playoff games played with the Leafs. Even Marner has more playoff points than Matthews.

The pressure is on. Incredible season for Matthews. Super talented and expensive offensive core. But the team has done next to nothing in the playoffs. Part of the blame over those years definitely is on management for the way the team has been constructed, but at some point your gaggle of highly paid stars have to step up when it matters.

Reactions: nORRis8

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Honestly, this is a tough series to predict. If the Leafs' stars produce then I don't see how Boston could win this. However, that's easier said than done.

I am going to be hopeful and say Leafs in 6. Although, I would not be surprised at all if the Bruins win in game 7 again.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
I like Matthews/Nylander/Sammy .. I generally like the Bruins

Offense - Leafs
Defense - Bruins
Goaltending - Bruins

Swayman/Ullmark if either one was on Toronto .. its Leafs in 5.

But they arent ..

Welp . guess Im just going to have to sit back, drink some beers and watch a 7 game blood bath

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Well you call us the Turds, the Hens, and others I'm forgetting so we call you the Laffs. The feelings are mutual cupcake...
guess you missed the point of that comment. calling us the Laffs while the Sens just finish extending their entire core and still finished 2 point ahead of dead last in the division
I dont think Ive ever seen someone say the Turds, Hens or anything else and if I did I didnt link it

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Didn't he knock Knies out of that game to
When Liljegren was injured it was he who cut into the path Marchand. Marchand was going straight towards the puck. Liljegren underestimated how solid Marchand is and he lost his balance fell on his ass and injured himself. Lesson learned.
Leaf media of course had another take.:mad:

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Fascinating to see who wins, these teams are opposites in a lot of ways

The90

Feb 27, 2017
The odd homerism aside, you realize Debrusk is something around 6'1 correct?
You also realize Marchand has played without Chara for a while now and still outmuscled Liljigrin with ease, not even intimidated by Reaves' postgame interview toughness.

Bullying is different than outright penalties as in your video. By the way, the Bruins were pummeling the Leafs with heavy hits in that game so this is a remarkably questionable interpretation. The softest version of the Bruins in decades were still more than capable of pushing back with ease. The Leafs are the last team to intimidate any other - they will need to stick to the offense winning games, of which there is plenty of talent.
I almost always get a good laugh about your leaf posts. You can tell it means so much to you.

Too bad the bolded never happened and it’s not 2011 anymore.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
i thought toronto would win but man these d pairings look horrible lol

Leaf D pairs at practice:

Rielly — Lyubushkin
Benoit — McCabe
Edmundson — Liljegren

Horrible maybe if you want sexy names but McCabe and Benoit been our best pairing all year very physical and dependable. Ed - Lilly were outstanding together before Ed got hurt. Rielly also has turned it up massively the last several playoffs. He was so damn good last year.

Reactions: AvroArrow

Race Dawg

Mar 10, 2023
Sunny Muskoka
guess you missed the point of that comment. calling us the Laffs while the Sens just finish extending their entire core and still finished 2 point ahead of dead last in the division
I dont think Ive ever seen someone say the Turds, Hens or anything else and if I did I didnt link it
Well aware of the original intention I was just deflecting. I was a goalie. I'm used to saving the day. Ottawa's organization pre-Andlauer was a dysfunctional wrecking ball so it comes with the territory. In fairness a lot of those signings were done under Dorion. But It's something every Sens fan is aware of.

Not one Ottawa fan hides behind the 7-years of futility. Doesn't take away from us calling you the Laffs. It's somewhat a rivalry I guess with the close proximity geographically. It's all in good fun just relax man and enjoy your series against Boston. I actually think you guys can finally beat them and get the monkey off your back but I'll be cheering hard against you of course. 😂

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Soft players need to be coddled, sometimes little whisper in ear and a soft kiss on the neck is all that’s needed to get them going.

Imagine thinking a soft player to the tune some posters go on about scoring 69 goals in the NHL lol. As if for 82 games they just let him do as he pleases

Reactions: authentic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad