Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (BOS Leads 3-2)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 94 6.2%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 20.4%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 29.5%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 258 17.1%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 21 1.4%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.5%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 191 12.7%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 152 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Especially embarrassing about this sequence is Bertuzzi declined multiple challenges prior and was only willing to fight.... Wotherspoon. Not quite the celebration one might think.
Shows that he knows which team he's on and isn't afraid to mix it up with his former teammates, which is what Blowfish suggested.

He was draped over the boards on the bench with his coach reassuring him that 70 is not important after 60 minutes of the team wide effort to spoonfeed goal 70. It certainly was on Matthews' mind.
He had just come off the ice after a multi minute long shift lol. And I said he wasn't mopey after the game, he said he wanted it but it wasn't meant to be. What do you want him to say? You guys are so dramatic. Go pull up the clips of Marchand crying and skating all over the ice about McCabe if you want to see mopey.

Reactions: Rude Dog

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Neutral fan here to write my thoughtful, sober and well-thought out takes here.

This Bruins team is Pastrnak, Marchand, McAvoy, 2 good goalies and a pile of hot garbage. They should not be good. But they might be good. And this bothers me so much. I'm so bored of them and want them to fall into the class of mediocre where they belong with BUF, DET, PIT, PHI, NJ, NYI ASAP. They are the most uninteresting team in the playoffs.

I prefer skill over structure. I want the Leafs to sweep so the Bruins spend less time inconveniencing me by existing in these playoffs. But my actual prediction is Bruins in 7, surmounting a 3-1 series deficit, winning the last 3 games by a score of 1-0. My mental health suffers.

Reactions: torontoblood

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Most of the pressure to win is on Toronto. Their core has a lot to prove when it comes to the playoffs. Boston wilted under pressure last playoffs and will be looser, albeit less talented, this year. Neither team is built well enough to win the Cup this season but it should be an entertaining series.

Boston already lost krejci, Bergeron, marchand will be at 36 in couple of days. Its fantastic than boston is able to have greT succes despite all the lost but how many that will still working? even the top tea.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Most of the pressure to win is on Toronto. Their core has a lot to prove when it comes to the playoffs. Boston wilted under pressure last playoffs and will be looser, albeit less talented, this year. Neither team is built well enough to win the Cup this season but it should be an entertaining series.
they already lost bergeron, krejci. Marchand will be at 36 in couple of days. Boston are already in a drop and it will just continu on that way... its their best shot to make a playoff run in the next 5, maybe 10 years so yes the pressure is pretty high on Boston

Race Dawg

Mar 10, 2023
Sunny Muskoka
I dunno how your sitting there calling us the Laffs after signing your entire core long term and still finished 7th in the division only 2 points above

I dunno how your sitting there calling us the Laffs after signing your entire core long term and still finished 7th in the division only 2 points above last.
Well you call us the Turds, the Hens, and others I'm forgetting so we call you the Laffs. The feelings are mutual cupcake...

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Especially embarrassing about this sequence is Bertuzzi declined multiple challenges prior and was only willing to fight.... Wotherspoon. Not quite the celebration one might think.
Even more embarrassing was your captain refusing to fight anyone and literally trying to run away and hide from Domi while getting bullied. The era of the "big bad bruins" is over

Reactions: PGW and Rude Dog

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
By far, it's more pressure on Toronto. Any relief from finally getting through the 1st round last season got wiped out when they got wiped out by Florida in a series that Toronto was expected to win, was expecting to win.

Everything in the offseason, all the roster moves whether done or not done, all the talk all season long, has pointed toward right now. The roster is complete, pretty much everyone is expected to play, the team even doubled down on the current roster with the Nylander extension, ... there's no excuses at this point. A series loss here probably means the end of Sheldon Keefe behind the bench, and it casts a searing spotlight on Brendan Shanahan who's the architect of all of this.
I agree that Keefe and Shanahan's future with the organization are at stake.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Even more embarrassing was your captain refusing to fight anyone and literally trying to run away and hide from Domi while getting bullied. The era of the "big bad bruins" is over

What you fail to realize is the Bruins are known to be an extremely soft team in this era, there is no questioning or being offended by it. Even so the Bruins remain tougher than Toronto as mightily as you wish to believe otherwise.

Assuming your video is the sequence of nobody Domi tangling up Marchand who is laughing the entire time as... toughness... well there is something to cling to perhaps.

This is the type of interaction that is truly unbelievable, the level of desperation to deflect and pretend to claim a win before the series even begins.

Reactions: AvroArrow

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Curious to see if the Leafs get Tyler Bertuzzi from last playoffs as a Bruin, where he was their best player and he put up 10pts in 7 games.

If they do, he has to be on the top line with Matthews and Marner to elevate them.
He was also a -4. Which is really really hard to do when you put up 10 points

This Bruins team is Pastrnak, Marchand, McAvoy, 2 good goalies and a pile of hot garbage.
Seems like you really know your hockey.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Neutral fan here to write my thoughtful, sober and well-thought out takes here.

This Bruins team is Pastrnak, Marchand, McAvoy, 2 good goalies and a pile of hot garbage. They should not be good. But they might be good. And this bothers me so much. I'm so bored of them and want them to fall into the class of mediocre where they belong with BUF, DET, PIT, PHI, NJ, NYI ASAP. They are the most uninteresting team in the playoffs.

I prefer skill over structure. I want the Leafs to sweep so the Bruins spend less time inconveniencing me by existing in these playoffs. But my actual prediction is Bruins in 7, surmounting a 3-1 series deficit, winning the last 3 games by a score of 1-0. My mental health suffers.

Lindholm is better than any Toronto defenseman as well.

• Haha
Reactions: HockeyVirus

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
Hoping Jack has one last hilarious quip in the bank for the Bruins victory

That quip will be awful hard for you guys to hear from so far down the standings.

im-sorry.gif

sorry-2.gif

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
For some reason, as much as I don't like the Leafs, if they get half decent goaltending, I have them winning this series with more grit and scoring depth than previous iterations.

• Love
Reactions: HockeyVirus

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Hoping Matthews unlocks his final form. We are a different beast when he is in beast mode.

Reactions: AvroArrow

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
What you fail to realize is the Bruins are known to be an extremely soft team in this era, there is no questioning or being offended by it. Even so the Bruins remain tougher than Toronto as mightily as you wish to believe otherwise.

Assuming your video is the sequence of nobody Domi tangling up Marchand who is laughing the entire time as... toughness... well there is something to cling to perhaps.

This is the type of interaction that is truly unbelievable, the level of desperation to deflect and pretend to claim a win before the series even begins.
Where did you see Marchand laugh ? I saw him him hiding the entire game, refusing to fight, then getting pinned up against the boards and ragdolled to the ice until a teammate finally came to his defence.

He was also a -4. Which is really really hard to do when you put up 10 points
Crazy, I recall your boards having a meltdown after he signed with a divisional rival last summer. How things change lmao

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Where did you see Marchand laugh ? I saw him him hiding the entire game, refusing to fight, then getting pinned up against the boards and ragdolled to the ice until a teammate finally came to his defence.

Crazy, I recall your boards having a meltdown after he signed with a divisional rival last summer. How things change lmao
Yes, you won’t find me defending much of Bruins fandom with their player evaluation. But I stated an objective fact here. Are you arguing said fact?

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Yes, you won’t find me defending much of Bruins fandom with their player evaluation. But I stated an objective fact here. Are you arguing said fact?
You were trying to diminish his offensive output and insinuate that he sucked by stating he was "minus 4" despite putting up points, insinuating he isn't as good as you all were claiming he was last year. Nice try though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad