Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (BOS Leads 3-2)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 94 6.2%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 20.4%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 29.5%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 258 17.1%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 21 1.4%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.5%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 191 12.7%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 152 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
And if they don’t, it’s once again another horrible and embarrassing performance by the Leafs… so what’s your point?

I’ve never seen a fanbase get so cocky after winning an OT game that could have gone either way and are still down 3-2 in the series :laugh:

Every game other than game 1 has been a 1 goal series to be fair (if you exclude empty nets which you rightfully should).

It's been a tight series - this entire series could have gone 50/50 from the start.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
I think we can win game 6 since we’re due for a home win but no idea who wins game 7. This leafs core just when you think they finally got it together usually lay an egg in the end. They just can’t be trusted to pull something like this off until they actually do it.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I think we can win game 6 since we’re due for a home win but no idea who wins game 7. This leafs core just when you think they finally got it together usually lay an egg in the end. They just can’t be trusted to pull something like this off until they actually do it.
Habs fan here but hoping for Leafs win tonight. Boston collapsed last year with 3-1 series lead. It's possible. Florida also turned it around last season after meltdown on bench late in year. Made Finals

Nogatco Rd

Owner & Operator, HFBoards LLC
Apr 3, 2021
Do you bring the same energy for the jets? They got a cover like that the following year.

Leafs generate clicks. I don't know how it takes you guys so long to learn this lesson. You posting this year's later literally proves their point about why they made that cover.
Did you read the post I was replying to? Someone asked for an example of unrealistic Leafs hype in the media

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Did you read the post I was replying to? Someone asked for an example of unrealistic Leafs hype in the media
Yeah and did you read the rest of my post? The media will constantly use the leafs to generate more clicks. You linking a cover of a magazine from 7 years ago literally proves this point. 7 years and you still remember this cover. It did exactly what they wanted it to do. Do you remember any other hockey news cover? They literally make a cover like that every year, but you don't know of them because they haven't been about the leafs since.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240502-044859.png
    Screenshot_20240502-044859.png
    603.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240502-045037.png
    Screenshot_20240502-045037.png
    618.6 KB · Views: 1

Nogatco Rd

Owner & Operator, HFBoards LLC
Apr 3, 2021
Yeah and did you read the rest of my post? The media will constantly use the leafs to generate more clicks. You linking a cover of a magazine from 7 years ago literally proves this point. 7 years and you still remember this cover. It did exactly what they wanted it to do. Do you remember any other hockey news cover? They literally make a cover like that every year, but you don't know of them because they haven't been about the leafs since.
Nah I remember the Jets cover.. definitely has also been the subject of ridicule over the years.. I’m guessing it wasn’t brought up in this thread though because the jets aren’t playing in this series?

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Another fun fact- 3 out of 4 of those chances were played at TD Garden. The Bruins fare better on the road than home. Thanks for proving my point.
I proved your point showing Boston loses on the road or at home in elimination games the last 2 season? Your welcome

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Surprised he's not dehydrated though, he cries an awful lot.

Quite the bit of irony.

I mean, it's pretty much assumed that anyone who isn't a fan of the Leafs wants them to lose.

The Leafs are not the Yankees. The media and fans drive that story desperately. Leading to some additional hatred but truly, most fans hardly pause about the Leafs.

• Haha
Reactions: Just Rude

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Quite the bit of irony.

The Leafs are not the Yankees. The media and fans drive that story desperately. Leading to some additional hatred but truly, most fans hardly pause about the Leafs.
4k comments in this thread when the next highest series thread is at only 1k says otherwise. Is the media making bots to comment in here or something?

Any leaf thread on this site generates way more traffic than any other team.

I guarantee you have talked more about the Leafs throughout this season than any other team (excluding the bruins ofc).

1714649617105.png

Search results limited to during this season (regular season), with just the word "leafs". A lot of talkin about the leafs when your team has nothing to do with em :popcorn:

Last edited:

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Matthews will score 4 goals tonight.

Toronto 6, Boston 1.
He might pot 4 in the toilet tonight but I doubt he's putting 4 past Swayman...if he's even playing

I have to admit I'm developing a bit of a soft spot for the Leafs even though I've kind of always rooted against them on principle. Maybe it's because as I've gotten older and watched hockey for quite some time now, I've become less vitriolic in my fandom.
I'm sorry, I don't think I can thumbs up your posts anymore. Revoked

:laugh:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
He might pot 4 in the toilet tonight but I doubt he's putting 4 past Swayman...if he's even playing

I'm sorry, I don't think I can thumbs up your posts anymore. Revoked

:laugh:

If it's anything to you, my virulence towards the Boston Bruins has also diminished significantly in recent years as well, and I've developed a not paltry amount of respect towards Brad Marchand.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
No doubt. Any Bostonian who doesn't watch hockey's idea of maple leafs is in Vermont's syrup country. Ask them who the Yankees are and everyone knows, baseball fan or not.

The Habs are the Bruins real rival... despite being brutally bad over the past few years. They've actually won cups since The Beatles broke up.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad