ECQF Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Leafs lead 3-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Think about what you just wrote. As if Hughson or Simpson are going to throw the hometown team under the bus. Personally I don't think the Bruins have played their best hockey this entire series, except for game 2. Rask also has not played his best hockey in this series either, yet the series is tied 2-2. I also would not at all be surprised if Bergeron is hurt, seems to be a trend with him the last few years getting hurt in the first series then trying to gut it out, only to find out after Boston does get bounced that he was indeed hurt. Bruins in 7.
Hughson and Simpson are not the biggest Leafs fans and are more anti Leafs, so they would have no problem throwing them under the bus.

Neely2005

Nov 3, 2006
Toronto, Ontario
That has nothing to do with the Leafs talk about how the refs have been. It's a rule that if a player is bleeding when they are given a high stick it's a 4:00 penalty. There was no blood on McAvoy and why it was only a 2:00 minute penalty. Considering that the Bruins scored on that power play I would think their fans like yourself would be happy.

There was blood. You could see it clearly when McAvoy held his lip down. You could also see it dripping out of his mouth when they showed him on the bench afterwards. On top of that he lost a tooth.

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
Leafs are gonna have match-up problems in Boston without Kadri. If they’re going to win (at least) one, it will require a total team effort and/or Andersen stealing one. Don’t like Toronto’s odds at all atm.

Reactions: REALTALK81

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Leafs are gonna have match-up problems in Boston without Kadri. If they’re going to win (at least) one, it will require a total team effort and/or Andersen stealing one. Don’t like Toronto’s odds at all atm.

Other than faceoff wins, the Leafs both outhit and outshot the Bruins last night. Yet in Game 1, it was the complete opposite, and the Leafs were the ones that ended up winning that game. Sounds like you don't know what you're talking about with this series.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
There was blood. You could see it clearly when McAvoy held his lip down. You could also see it dripping out of his mouth when they showed him on the bench afterwards. On top of that he lost a tooth.
I'm not saying because I am a Leafs fan but when the camera zoomed in on McAvoy I honestly did not see any blood. If there was than a 4:00 minute penalty should have been called on Matthews instead of the 2:00 minutes he got.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Other than faceoff wins, the Leafs both outhit and outshot the Bruins last night. Yet in Game 1, it was the complete opposite, and the Leafs were the ones that ended up winning that game. Sounds like you don't know what you're talking about with this series.

This highlights how the result and the stats can be so different. I like the Bruins chances but even if they play their best game of the series, a bounce here, a gaffe there, anything can happen with two closely matched teams.

Pocket Hercules

Jun 19, 2008
York Region
This highlights how the result and the stats can be so different. I like the Bruins chances but even if they play their best game of the series, a bounce here, a gaffe there, anything can happen with two closely matched teams.

Agreed. You give either team an inch, they'll take a mile. Bruins have slightly better special teams. Leafs are slightly better at even strength. I wouldn't be surprised either way on how this series will end.

PS: I like the Leafs chances myself...;)

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Agreed. You give either team an inch, they'll take a mile. Bruins have slightly better special teams. Leafs are slightly better at even strength. I wouldn't be surprised either way on how this series will end.

The way we saw Boston score two power play goals last night and win, we saw Toronto do the same thing in Game 3. Now if the Leafs can fix their penalty kill issues their special teams is on par with the Bruins.

Pocket Hercules

Jun 19, 2008
York Region
It's like reading a post from the Twilight Zone. oh leafs fans you soo funny.

Uh, it's common knowledge that both Hughson and Simpson don't like the Leafs. During a game in 2015, both Hughson and Simpson were hot mic'ed during commmercial breaks and were heard goofing on the entire team. Completely unprofessional of them.

Don't really care if they like us or not, but why the **** are they calling our games?...Why can't they find work out west and gargle the collective hogs of Oilers and Canuck players? A win-win situation. But I digress...

SpectralThundr

Apr 18, 2019
Uh, it's common knowledge that both Hughson and Simpson don't like the Leafs. During a game in 2015, both Hughson and Simpson were hot mic'ed during commmercial breaks and were heard goofing on the entire team. Completely unprofessional of them.

Don't really care if they like us or not, but why the **** are they calling our games?...Why can't they find work out west and gargle the collective hogs of Oilers and Canuck players? A win-win situation. But I digress...
I'm in Ontario right now, so I get stuck with the CBC feed, for a couple commentators that "hate" the leafs they sure do talk up the leaf players often while barely giving two shakes to anything a Boston player does well. For as much as people call Jack Edwards a total homer the guy at least talks up opposing star players on a regular basis.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I'm in Ontario right now, so I get stuck with the CBC feed, for a couple commentators that "hate" the leafs they sure do talk up the leaf players often while barely giving two shakes to anything a Boston player does well. For as much as people call Jack Edwards a total homer the guy at least talks up opposing star players on a regular basis.
Every time the Leafs have played the Bruins no matter if it's the regular season or playoffs I would say at least each time Patrice Bergeron takes a faceoff and wins it, Hughson always mentions how he's the best in the NHL at doing that. We know he's good at it and don't need to hear about it all the time. It happens so much that I wish there was a drinking game each time Hughson says that.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut

I liked your post til that last sentence.

Kidding. If I were a Leafs fan, I would feel like I had a good shot too. I just hope my feeling about the Bs is more reality than yours about TML.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

Who can also forget last season when the Leafs lost to the Canucks in a shootout, Hughson said "There is nothing better on a Saturday night than beating the Leafs." He is supposed to be the lead national broadcaster for Sportsnet and be impartial without any bias for any team, obviously with a reply like that he most certainly is not.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
That has nothing to do with the Leafs talk about how the refs have been. It's a rule that if a player is bleeding when they are given a high stick it's a 4:00 penalty. There was no blood on McAvoy and why it was only a 2:00 minute penalty. Considering that the Bruins scored on that power play I would think their fans like yourself would be happy.

They don't have to be bleeding to issue 4 minutes.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
The Leafs still have Auston Matthews and Mitch Marner who both had assists in last years Game 5. They also added someone named John Tavares who is a better replacement than James van Riemsdyk.
I get that but everybody seems to say it's the same Toronto team except they've added Muzzin and Tavares and conveniently forget that van Riemsdyk was a huge part of the team last year.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
You are alone on this, but cheers.
Like I said before since Pastrnak scored on the ensuing power play when Matthews was in the box where is the problem? So what the ref gave him 2:00 minutes instead of 4:00 minutes, Bruins fans got the best possible outcome. It's like your complaining about something when you still get exactly what you want (Scoring a goal on the power play) and Leafs fans are told we complain about the refs in this series.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I get that but everybody seems to say it's the same Toronto team except they've added Muzzin and Tavares and conveniently forget that van Riemsdyk was a huge part of the team last year.
I agree that van Riemsdyk was a big part of last years Maple Leafs and his 36 goals was nice to have. However since Toronto replaced his goal scoring with Tavares, a lot of Leafs fans consider him to be an upgrade over van Riemsdyk.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Like I said before since Pastrnak scored on the ensuing power play when Matthews was in the box where is the problem? So what the ref gave him 2:00 minutes instead of 4:00 minutes, Bruins fans got the best possible outcome. It's like your complaining about something when you still get exactly what you want (Scoring a goal on the power play) and Leafs fans are told we complain about the refs in this series.

2 extra minutes could mean another goal. Or just simply momentum.

Hard to say how it would play out.

And it wasn’t a generous call. I’ve been careful not to get into the after the fact officiating critique but it was a penalty, just like MacAvoy clipping someone was.

Reactions: FanSince72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad