ECQF Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Leafs lead 3-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

weinsink

Feb 8, 2018
On leafs lunch they were saying that McAvoy lost a tooth from that exchange with Matthews. He had blood on his mouth, lucky that was only a 2 minute call. I missed that during the game or the ref ignored it.
I hope matthews grows some balls and drops hit gloves with charlie tuna but we all know he is made of glass:popcorn:

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
Toronto took a big dump in the bush yesterday but at least they have some leaves to pick it up

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
I hope matthews grows some balls and drops hit gloves with charlie tuna but we all know he is made of glass:popcorn:

Why would matthews drop the gloves with McAvoy? Why would that benefit the leafs? Take one of their best players off the ice for 5 mins when he is just starting to find his groove? Haha yeah I don't think so

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Why would matthews drop the gloves with McAvoy? Why would that benefit the leafs? Take one of their best players off the ice for 5 mins when he is just starting to find his groove? Haha yeah I don't think so

It’s not like Macavoy is some goon and that’s a terrible trade-off. #1 defenseman vs #1 center.

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
It’s not like Macavoy is some goon and that’s a terrible trade-off. #1 defenseman vs #1 center.

I think it's a relatively fair trade off but there is still no reason for Matthews to do it since the series is tied 2-2 and the last thing the leafs want to do is wake up the Bruins physicality like we saw in game 2

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Probably a 4-2 Bruin serie now! Leafs hasnt the grit to stand up in a long serie and Kadri messed up the lines with that manslaughter attempt, gave Bruins a big coach advantage. If Leafs gonna stand a chance to advance, they need to have Andersen standing on his head ! Dont understand either why Nylander arent given some linemates who can finish, like johnsson or Kapanen who can skate. Marleau are over the hill and Brown a 5-6 min 4th liner. Their 2 11 million guys should produce with whoever they play with(See Crosby).

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
For all the talk about the Drake curse. Now this is real. Just google Drake-ASRoma if you’re skeptical.

8806B6A4-14DA-42E6-B333-F9E8AA06D58D.jpeg

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
You could clearly see blood. They called it roughing instead of high sticking to avoid having to give the leafs a 4 minute penalty.
If he was bleeding wouldn't the ref have given Matthews 4:00? Neither Jim Hughson or Craig Simpson on the CBC broadcast said there was and do you think a ref would risk his job not giving Matthews 4:00 because he did not want to.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
If he was bleeding wouldn't the ref have given Matthews 4:00? Neither Jim Hughson or Craig Simpson on the CBC broadcast said there was and do you think a ref would risk his job not giving Matthews 4:00 because he did not want to.
It happened in another series too. I’m failing to recall which right now.

The player went to ref and purposely dropped blood from his mouth onto the ice to contrast the red on white for visual proof and they held it at a two minute minor.

SpectralThundr

Apr 18, 2019

Think about what you just wrote. As if Hughson or Simpson are going to throw the hometown team under the bus. Personally I don't think the Bruins have played their best hockey this entire series, except for game 2. Rask also has not played his best hockey in this series either, yet the series is tied 2-2. I also would not at all be surprised if Bergeron is hurt, seems to be a trend with him the last few years getting hurt in the first series then trying to gut it out, only to find out after Boston does get bounced that he was indeed hurt. Bruins in 7.

Reactions: Neely2005

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
He should have but the leafs have been lobbying the refs since before the series even started.

That has nothing to do with the Leafs talk about how the refs have been. It's a rule that if a player is bleeding when they are given a high stick it's a 4:00 penalty. There was no blood on McAvoy and why it was only a 2:00 minute penalty. Considering that the Bruins scored on that power play I would think their fans like yourself would be happy.

Reactions: Rob Brown
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad