Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafAttack

Feb 18, 2019
Leafs have their blueprint game from which to build on,and its game 2.Should be easier to repeat what they did with having the last change,and play under control.Just dont lose the game or give it away.

Reactions: authentic

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Leafs have their blueprint game from which to build on,and its game 2.Should be easier to repeat what they did with having the last change,and play under control.Just dont lose the game or give it away.
Flip side of that coin is the Bruins Blue print of game one.

Keep rotating goalies Bruins.

Joke of a coach. This may fly in the regular season, but in playoffs you need continuity if you win.
Aves, Knights, Pens, all won Cups with two goalies.
But I think when Swaymans wins tonight he will get the net Saturday.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Is the fact that Marner and Nylander have yet to do anything at all concerning given the series is tied ?
No it isnt. In fact the leafs looked better without Marner a couple weeks back.
The first line is also better with Domi instead of Mitch.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
By the look of it. Make Marner and Tavares invisible. Fill the net. Protect the lead. Roll four lines. Let Swayman do the rest.
Seems like the biggest difference between the two games was Samsonov was a sieve game 1 and Bruins had exceptional goaltending.

Bruins don't need to do anything to make Marner invisible, hes doing that himself.

Reactions: BHD

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Ullmark had a great game but there's something to be said for the mental game of the team when you switch goalies, sometimes it helps sometimes it hurts. I think if they stuck with Sway, the Bruins would have kept their mental game consistent from game 1. Who's to say he doesn't give up more than ullmark and the bruins actually lose 5-2? The leafs played like they wanted to win, so it's certainly possible. Impossible to know now, but what we do know for sure is Monty is in a bit of a quandry here that he put himself in....already showing signs of mentally playing himself just like he did in the first round last year. He puts Sway in game 5 and 6 and the Bruins likely take that series. If he makes the same mistakes this time around I'd imagine his time will be quite limited in Boston.

At this point in the each respective team's growth, the leafs should take this series. They are due, they have a younger more talented team, they should be able to take the next step. If they don't beat Boston I would blow them up if I were in charge of roster decisions and likely hire a new coach too.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Seems like the biggest difference between the two games was Samsonov was a sieve game 1 and Bruins had exceptional goaltending.

Bruins don't need to do anything to make Marner invisible, hes doing that himself.
Yes. The leaf player sucked in net. The Bruin player didn't.
But the 2 on 1 by the rookies thet gave the Bruins the lead was on more than just Samsinov.
Agree on Marner . It play offs. He doesn't like the hockey.
He can't wait to get started in October.

Ullmark had a great game but there's something to be said for the mental game of the team when you switch goalies, sometimes it helps sometimes it hurts. I think if they stuck with Sway, the Bruins would have kept their mental game consistent from game 1. Who's to say he doesn't give up more than ullmark and the bruins actually lose 5-2? The leafs played like they wanted to win, so it's certainly possible. Impossible to know now, but what we do know for sure is Monty is in a bit of a quandry here that he put himself in....already showing signs of mentally playing himself just like he did in the first round last year. He puts Sway in game 5 and 6 and the Bruins likely take that series. If he makes the same mistakes this time around I'd imagine his time will be quite limited in Boston.

At this point in the each respective team's growth, the leafs should take this series. They are due, they have a younger more talented team, they should be able to take the next step. If they don't beat Boston I would blow them up if I were in charge of roster decisions and likely hire a new coach too.
Great post

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Why do they wonder that? Is it because of posts by Habs fans like the one that you quoted?
Haha. Quality. I've a feeling that guy hates the Leafs and has absolutely nothing to do with what Leafs fans actually say (minus a few fans who we all know).

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
I love how TSN is pondering whether criticism of Marner's playoff performance is warranted or not.

The guy has, what, scored like 5 goals in his last 30 playoff games and is well below ppg in the post-season. This is who he is. He can't play this type of hockey.

Reactions: HabzSauce

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I love how TSN is pondering whether criticism of Marner's playoff performance is warranted or not.

The guy has, what, scored like 5 goals in his last 30 playoff games and is well below ppg in the post-season. This is who he is. He can't play this type of hockey.

Marner isn't a shooter so goals is a dumb way of measuring his performance. He is simply not a playoff player thus far in his career, but at the very least critic something relevant. Might as well say Marner has no shutouts in his playoff career either

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

47 points in 52 games, same as Matthews and more than Nylander.
Strange definition of 'well below' .

Reactions: sampollock

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal

They should at least finish round 1 before jumping on Marner

Reactions: Kerberos
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad