Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 94 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.9%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.8%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 270 17.5%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 21 1.4%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.5%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.2%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 181 11.7%

• Total voters

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
It would be hilarious if bruins sneak this out with el cheapo free agents heinen shattenkirk geekie and jvr with Coyle and zacha as 1 c and 2 c.
I mean they were an elite regular season team w this group . This seems like an early effort to minimize what Toronto might potentially do . Same as last year ; “ Tampa isn’t the same as they used to be “ despite literally being in the finals the 3 seasons prior . Boston is a tough out for anyone

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
If this team, and core did not have the postseason history they have had, fans might be looking at this series at little more objectively. Boston, although at times still dominant, is a team who's core is on the downside. They've looked beatable often enough this season, and the Leafs have enough talent to win. What the Leafs desperately need is the structure the Bruins operate with.
This if Boston plays with that structure and execute on their chances lookout.

Reactions: cvaicunas

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Oh sure. Injuries are part of it. Don't see anyone giving last years Bruins a pat on the back for Bergeron and Krejci going out in round one.

That’s because they were winning. Funny thing about it was the collapse happened when they came back. They were up 3-1 without them.

As soon as both of them were back, they lost 3 in a row to end their season. I’m not exactly sure what they should get credit for.

If they were down 3-0, both came back, and then they lost in 7 - I think people would have blamed the injuries more (some still do).

Ducer

Jan 20, 2021
Leafs need more discipline with the after the whistle crap refs will give a 5 on 3 in Toronto against.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I'm surprised no one on the Bruins have taken a solid chop on Matthew's wrist yet. They need to slow him down or put him out to win this series. It's pretty obvious if you stop him you can beat the Leafs.

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Who cares?

Boston fans are probably the “most reviled” across all sports. Arrogant and obnoxious. I guess all those parades went to your heads.
All fan bases have a contingent that gets under others skin.

The flip side of your success-related comment though is perhaps it wasn’t so much Boston teams’ success going to the locals head, it was Boston teams’ success making other markets fans salty.

some of both are true. I think it’s more of the latter though. Success breeds contempt.

Of course with that logic two things come to mind: bruins fans should not be reviled. Limited cup success. And the other is I should love Leafs fans.

Game 3 tomorrow, should be a good one, enjoy.

Reactions: BB79

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I'm surprised no one on the Bruins have taken a solid chop on Matthew's wrist yet. They need to slow him down or put him out to win this series. It's pretty obvious if you stop him you can beat the Leafs.
I’d be ok with a dirty look at this point. I get that stud forwards are hard to hit, and that’s a big reason they’re as good as they are. But my god was Boston ever passive with Toronto forwards. They gotta be way better than that

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I’d be ok with a dirty look at this point. I get that stud forwards are hard to hit, and that’s a big reason they’re as good as they are. But my god was Boston ever passive with Toronto forwards. They gotta be way better than that
Matthews is a tough force to slow down, big, rangey, mobile. Better chance of slowing marner probably.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Leafs did a good job keeping the Bruins to the outside last night in the 2nd half of the game. Good, solid mistake free hockey. Samsonov made some great athletic saves but I still think he's very shaky. I need the Bruins to generate more 5v5 chances in game 3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad