Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 94 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.9%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.9%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 268 17.4%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 21 1.4%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.5%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.2%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 178 11.6%

• Total voters

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Pretty sure that leaf fans were happy they switched goalies. Yes?
Ullmark robbed Leafs players multiple times. Leafs had >65% of scoring chances and almost 70% of high danger chances this game, while also having ~60% of expected goals. If not for Ullmark this could've been 5 or 6-2.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Stay Classy Bah-stin. How's that clam chowdah

:laugh:

1000003595-jpg.857980

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
"I get it. There's an open agenda."

Words unspoken if he weren't retiring this year.

Completely inaccurate take. This is an old clip that was voiced over. Jack Edwards didn't even say this today. He said it 5 years ago... when he wasn't retiring.

Sounds awfully familiar doesn't it? :laugh:

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
I can’t believe the Bruins braintrust made such a foolish decision to start Ullmark tonight after the game Swayman had on Saturday.

It was comical to see Ullmark like a helpless fish out of water in the breakaway goal by Matthews. ZERO chance.

Please feel free to continue starting Ullmark, Boston.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Ullmark robbed Leafs players multiple times. Leafs had >65% of scoring chances and almost 70% of high danger chances this game, while also having ~60% of expected goals. If not for Ullmark this could've been 5 or 6-2.
You did not answer my question. Leaf fans were happy about the switch, yes?

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
You did not answer my question. Leaf fans were happy about the switch, yes?

Leafs fans were happy with the win. No one has a crystal ball to see if it ends better or worse with Swayman.

Boston alternated goalies all season. Swayman will be in Game 3. Blaming Ullmark for this game is ridiculous though.

Reactions: torontoblood

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Lol, Jets fan trying to troll in an awkward way, good try though, horton and the other bruin fans will be happy and maybe they’ll give you a candy lmao.
Troll? I do not think so. When Marchand starts diving you know the Bee's are in trouble. I despise the leafs and their fans but I do think they will win the series.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Someone should have told him that Marchand grabbed the wrong leg.

Maybe he suffered a cramp? It's unfair for him to blame a tap to the other leg for Marchand's reaction.
It hurt so bad the pain was shooting up the one leg and down the other

• Haha
Reactions: HofT

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
What??? Totally disagree. Swayman just played an amazing game. Why wouldn't he again? I don't get it.
Yes, because that is how sports works, players perform to precisely the same levels in consecutive games, with no variance.

• Haha
Reactions: HabsQC

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Leafs fans were happy with the win. No one has a crystal ball to see if it ends better or worse with Swayman.

Boston alternated goalies all season. Swayman will be in Game 3. Blaming Ullmark for this game is ridiculous though.
Boston people are nuts. “Of course we lost! We started the defending vezina winner in net!”

Reactions: 7even

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Yes, because that is how sports works, players perform to precisely the same levels in consecutive games, with no variance.
He was 3-0 during the season vs the Leafs and 1-0 in the playoffs with 35 saves in game 1. Sounds pretty consistent.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
Marner has to be playing injured. He was terrible tonight.

Ya not sure what Jim was thinking starting Ullmark. If it ain’t broke, don’t mess with it.
They have two star goaltenders and have been running a tandem all season long. If I were to assume what Jim was thinking is their goaltending depth was a huge part of their good season.

Boston has been a meh team otherwise (loser points, lacklustre forward depth). His decision is logical to me. Why change now and possibly disrupt the team?

As a Leaf fan I would love it don't get me wrong. Bench last year's Vezina winner without cause, I'm down with it. Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad