Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
Marchand has been Marchand, and all that entails. He's been extremely effective and outside of perhaps Swayman, the best performer in the series.
Have to agree with this. Marchand has been bringing it. The other big names on both teams have been largely crap. The offensive guns are getting most of the criticism, but have to throw McAvoy in there as well. Was horrible on the OT goal and has been burned badly on multiple occasions in the series. Also, when is he going to score a playoff goal? Been 23 games since he scored a playoff goal and 1 goal in last 40 playoff games. Need more from their $9.5 mil d-man.

Last edited:
Reactions: Summer Rose

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I'll be surprised if Matthews plays on Thursday. If he wasn't able to give it a go in an elimination game, I don't see that rectifying itself in 48 hours.
I think he could be out for the series at this point. It's clear that's it's more than just an illness now, he definitely got hurt in game 4.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
The Bruins have been playing extremely conservatively and letting the Leafs play their flashy perimeter style, chasing hits, etc. Hardly speaks to which is "better". Last night the Bruins took it to an absurd level between utter lack of engagement and the changes by Montgomery.

Nonsensical how this team sits on leads, whether within a game or series.
Monty can't help himself, loves the 4D chess

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Exact thing happened to us in NJ last year but probably a bit different when it continues to happen versus a shock year, any chance that the Leafs would change coaches even in a series win?
I think (and hope) that Keefe is still gone even with a second round loss, especially if Florida caves them in again which is likely if they even make it there. If they miraculously make the ECF then I imagine he'll be sticking around longer.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
courtesy of r/leafs

1714574979794.png

that flop as well as Swaymans pirouette 2 seconds after Domi touched him were a thing of beauty. Definitely members of the Miami Heat acting school

Strangle

May 4, 2009
43.5% of the voters are wrong so far.

If the Leafs continue on their historic home losing streak in the playoffs, I will be part of the 29.3% who will be right.

Another fan of some random team no one else cares about obsessing over the leafs

If that is the rallying banner you need to unite behind....

It’s just the truth, man

If this was Boston/Florida you think all these posters would be in here?

Of course not. This is the most attention the bruins have gotten since 2019

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Both teams looked like ass last night, blame it on the ice I won't argue with you. During the covid lock out, Delaware north had every opportunity to switch over to a new cooling system. They instead installed more seating. It's a huge reason the Bruins look so bad on home ice in the playoffs, they practice at a new rink while the away team comes in to practice on td garden ice and get a feel for what it will be like later

But, they don't ask how they just ask how many. Leafs did what they needed to do to survive.

The flash back question is curious to me because the bruins won in game 7 both times they went up 3-1 and then lost the following two to the leafs. Theyve lost other series in history going up 3-1. The leafs are not the panthers and we haven't finished game 6 yet.

If the leafs hang around like the panthers and keep tying it/going ahead in game 6 and then win, maybe Ill be closer to "having flashbacks", but right now Im more focused on how the bruins will simplify their game on Thursday

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Marchand has been Marchand, and all that entails. He's been extremely effective and outside of perhaps Swayman, the best performer in the series.
Except that...
Marchand said this would be over in 5.
Marchand was sitting on his bum-bum whining to a ref instead of powering back for attacks.
Marchand MUST win this series tomorrow.
Marchand MUST score several goals tomorrow as well.
Anything less, and an ensuing Game 7 will mark him as an underachiever.

The Bruins could not get up for us and now they could well let this one slip away.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Except that...
Marchand said this would be over in 5.
Marchand was sitting on his bum-bum whining to a ref instead of powering back for attacks.
Marchand MUST win this series tomorrow.
Marchand MUST score several goals tomorrow as well.
Anything less, and an ensuing Game 7 will mark him as an underachiever.

The Bruins could not get up for us and now they could well let this one slip away.
What's going on here with your username and avatar, did you lose a bet? Are you a sens fan or not?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Dude, you aren’t getting it

Leaf fans don’t care about your team

You care about ours. That’s how hockey works. Everyone is a leafs fan
In the sense that I share the mentality that it's important to mock the leafs, yes I am a leafs fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad