Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
No, you don't. There is no parade planned. Perhaps if the team makes it to the finals, the city would plan the parade.
Already planned bro.

B08F1483-8775-484E-A073-934AB68D3B16.jpeg

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I posted this in the Bruins thread, but bears repeating

Both fanbases have to be thinking the same thing: "I'm not falling for this again"

Bruins remembering the feckless effort in game 5 last year punctuated by Marchand nearly missing a series winner and losing in OT

Leafs fans remembering the last two times they took the Bruins to a seventh game after trailing 3-1 only to lose that one

I'm sure nobody is feeling confident except the Panthers right now

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I don’t think a single betting app will let anyone bet on the Bruins to win game six. Leafs and Bruins fans all know this is going to game 7. It has been since Boston lost to Ottawa.

• Haha
Reactions: Jakub97

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
what is it...like zero Cups outside of the 06 era. Something to be cocky about for sure.
Bruh. Your hockey club has over 100 years of history and only 6 gd cups.

Let that sink in.

While I get that's it's funny that the Leafs havn't won a cup since the league had only 6 teams. In that same 6 team league for 60 YEARS, Boston could only win it 3 times.

That's how dog shit Boston's history is.

Right now you have 6 cup wins in 100 years of playing in the NHL. If we gave you another 100 years to win another 6, you STILL won't have the same amount of cups as the Leafs.

These two clubs are not even comparable in accomplishments. Never forget that.

That said, this year? Boston wins it in 6 as I predicted.
1714533799489.png

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Mitch Marner played well, I wish he would shoot more though.

Let's see if 2 more days gives Matthews enough time to recover from the week long tummy ache.

Reactions: authentic

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Also advanced stats wise, Marner was the 3rd best player for the Leafs in game 3. And the top player in games 4 and 5.

Yet Leafs fans are blaming him for their failure. When he has been by far the best player of their core this playoffs at creating chances and driving play.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Also advanced stats wise, Marner was the 3rd best player for the Leafs in game 3. And the top player in games 4 and 5.

Yet Leafs fans are blaming him for their failure. When he has been by far the best player of their core this playoffs at creating chances and driving play.
States wise? Do stats tell you that he's a perimeter player who is afraid to go into the corners and can't win a one-on-one battle along the boards?

Dude is a defensive liability and offensively neutered in the playoffs.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Mitch Marner played well, I wish he would shoot more though.

Let's see if 2 more days gives Matthews enough time to recover from the week long tummy ache.
It is an illness keeping out. Food poisoning is possible. It is not a tummy ache.

I am not blaming Marner.

Reactions: authentic

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Tbf Leafs slaying the dragon would keep a lot of people their jobs even if they get slapped by Florida (again).

It absolutely shouldn't.

This version of the Bruins would. The prior games the Bruins would fend for themselves well enough with team commitment and goaltending. Perhaps lose, but a challenging series.

The Bruins look incredibly slow, they've had some great goaltending but their lack of forward depth will get them murdered against a genuine contender like Florida.

The Leafs are a joke of a team, make no mistake.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Thing with the Leafs is no matter what, with that core, they will never win a Cup. So go ahead and be happy you won two games but whatever, you won’t get the Cup,

Last edited by a moderator:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

He played well tonight.

He did not play well last game or earlier in the series. The entire team slept through the first two periods in the last game and honestly until the 3rd period of the last game I haven’t even noticed him. He’s been MIA until the last four periods.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Thing with the Leafs is no matter what, with that core, they will never win a Cup. So go ahead and be happy you won two games but whatever, you won’t get the Cup,

EDIT: And no, I’m not “trolling”. It’s just the truth. Weak goalies, soft stars, questionable coaching.
You're not wrong at all an I can't see either team getting past Florida.

Subbanned

Nov 4, 2011
States wise? Do stats tell you that he's a perimeter player who is afraid to go into the corners and can't win a one-on-one battle along the boards?

Dude is a defensive liability and offensively neutered in the playoffs.

Wait you can accuse him of choking offensively for sure (that's what it looks like to me) but he is absolutely not a defensive liability, the stats show he has been excellent at suppressing offensive chances for many years now in the playoffs

Has shut down Pasta as well

Reactions: LivingRentFree

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Boston is looking a bit wobbly after that loss.

The leafs are going to be feeling confident and the bruins are really banking on the leafs imploding to win. In gm5 the leafs didn't break and that could be a bad sign for the bruins. If Matthews comes back for gm6 I think gm7 happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad