Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
I think Matthews is hurt. Did anyone see him skate off on his final shift Saturday? He looked injured.

Food poisoning doesn't last a week, and I don't think it gets worse as it the days go on, at least from my experience. There's something going on and listening to JT speak yesterday, I doubt he plays tonight.

I award you a medal of reasonableness, my friend!
I just post for your likes. True story. ;)

Reactions: Summer Rose

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I know I don't come off as a big Leafs fan, but damn it would be so cool if they vome back and win the series. Just for the epic meltdown in HF...
Don't know if it would be an epic meltdown. Remember, we all hate the Bruins almost as much as we hate the Leafs. The memes that would come from from the Bruins blowing a 3-1 series lead in back-to-back seasons would be glorious.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I think Matthews is hurt. Did anyone see him skate off on his final shift Saturday? He looked injured.
TBH, I've gotten the feeling that the Leafs big guns are all more banged up than is being let on. It would explain why their offense/PP has struggled

Don't know if it would be an epic meltdown. Remember, we all hate the Bruins almost as much as we hate the Leafs. The memes that would come from from the Bruins blowing a 3-1 series lead in back-to-back seasons would be glorious.
Ain't happening. And you know what they say..payback's an itch

giphy-4220272948.gif

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
TBH, I've gotten the feeling that the Leafs big guns are all more banged up than is being let on. It would explain why their offense/PP has struggled

Ain't happening. And you know what they say..payback's an itch

View attachment 862235
It's weird. In February, the Leafs had the league's top PP at 50% (I believe it tied an NHL record). In March, it dropped to 30th spot at 9%. It's been abysmal since.

We know Marner, Willie and possible AM have been banged up, but can't use that as an excuse, TBH.

Last time AM was out, they won 7-0. But we all know Boston isn't Pittsburgh.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Damn, if Matthews actually got hurt trying to get to 70 regular season goals as whats been talked about that is a terrible look

Reactions: Kerberos

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
When I was 20 I had a migraine that lasted for DAYS. Couldn’t eat. Couldn’t sleep. Couldn’t work. Couldn’t do anything but lie in bed and suffer. Tylenol did nothing, and I’m allergic to ibuprofen.

Finally, I went to the doctor and he prescribed fiorinal and cleared it up. I will never make light of anyone who says they have a migraine. It’s horrible.
Dark dark rooms, zero light.

Then imagine being out on bright white ice and all the lights…..

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Jack Edward's final game call at home tonight. Series ain't over but would be nice to see Jack make a final win call at home. Thinking this clip turned every leaf fan into an Edwards hater.

Do it for Jacky!

He's done after the first round no matter what?

Figured he'd keep going as long as the Bruins are still in it.

Reactions: Summer Rose

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
He's done after the first round no matter what?

Figured he'd keep going as long as the Bruins are still in it.

Regional broadcasts lost rights to the 2nd round and beyond to national, and for NESN, that also includes a potential Game 7 if it gets that far.

Reactions: Dr Pepper

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Jack Edward's final game call at home tonight. Series ain't over but would be nice to see Jack make a final win call at home. Thinking this clip turned every leaf fan into an Edwards hater.
I want to see Marchand get rocked and the refs let him lay on the ice and not blow the whistle for a whole 3 seconds. Then as the Leafs get the puck going the other way, Jack Edwards is furious that they blew the whistle, shouting, "I could see blowing the whistle if he had a bone sticking out of his face!"

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I want to see Marchand get rocked and the refs let him lay on the ice and not blow the whistle for a whole 3 seconds. Then as the Leafs get the puck going the other way, Jack Edwards is furious that they blew the whistle, shouting, "I could see blowing the whistle if he had a bone sticking out of his face!"
It'll take him the rest of the period to finish that sentence.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
I get it. And everyone does it, but this ridiculous game of secrecy when it comes to injuries absolutely buries your own guys. In order to be in danger of missing a playoff game, Matthews must be extremely ill. This started last week. It's not food poisoning or a 24-hour bug. I mean, I don't want to speculate, but if he's in the room and on the bench, it's not even a stomach flu you can spread. It's utterly ludicrous and I wish the league would step in and demand more transparency for all teams.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I get it. And everyone does it, but this ridiculous game of secrecy when it comes to injuries absolutely buries your own guys. In order to be in danger of missing a playoff game, Matthews must be extremely ill. This started last week. It's not food poisoning or a 24-hour bug. I mean, I don't want to speculate, but if he's in the room and on the bench, it's not even a stomach flu you can spread. It's utterly ludicrous and I wish the league would step in and demand more transparency for all teams.
Why?

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
this may be the end of the core 4 tonight

Boston has mentally destroyed this team, you’d hope they’d come out fighting but I’m not sure they even want to continue playing in these playoffs…. Toronto looks broken.

The stars are fighting amongst themselves

Matthews faking food poisoning and Injuries so he avoids blame

Well at least matthews got 70 goals…. Oh wait

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
this may be the end of the core 4 tonight

Boston has mentally destroyed this team, you’d hope they’d come out fighting but I’m not sure they even want to continue playing in these playoffs…. Toronto looks broken.

The stars are fighting amongst themselves

Matthews faking food poisoning and Injuries so he avoids blame

Well at least matthews got 70 goals…. Oh wait
Would love to see the sore 4 go down in flames tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad