Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeveilleFan19

Jul 13, 2016
Matthews - 3 points, $11.6 Million
Marner - 2 points, $10.9 Million,
Tavares - 1 point, $11 Million
Nylander - 0 points $11.5 Million

Marchand - 8 points, $6.125 Million

That's a lot of scratch to four players who are being outplayed, outscored (combined), and out-hearted by a 36 year old making nearly half.

It's all about heart. The Leafs just don't have it.

Also, outscoring each of the "core 4"....
Debrusk (5 points)
Pastrnak (4 points)
McAvoy (4 points)

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I thought I hated the Habs, but growing up playing hockey in French Canada I loved the Habs and the non-Montreal habitants… but man… the leafs and their shitbag loser fans.. just awful … you are gross

Is there a bigger shitbag loser franchise in all pro sports? Name one! Entitled. Think there’re actually elite, and have never won SHIT
Lol

Reactions: dukeofjive

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
“but the bruins lost” … yep… horrible painful losses…. You ever have the emotional roller coaster of 3 SCF series in 10 years… 3 Wales.. sweeping crosbeys penguins.. losing to the dynasty hawks in weird fashion… bit being there????? Any leafs fan in 100 years has no clue what a city feels like when an O6 team goes to the cup. And you never will. You suck .

Oh yeah! Please!!

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
“but the bruins lost” … yep… horrible painful losses…. You ever have the emotional roller coaster of 3 SCF series in 10 years… 3 Wales.. sweeping crosbeys penguins.. losing to the dynasty hawks in weird fashion… bit being there????? Any leafs fan in 100 years has no clue what a city feels like when an O6 team goes to the cup. And you never will. You suck .
Lol

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Matthews - 3 points, $11.6 Million
Marner - 2 points, $10.9 Million,
Tavares - 1 point, $11 Million
Nylander - 0 points $11.5 Million

Marchand - 8 points, $6.125 Million

That's a lot of scratch to four players who are being outplayed, outscored (combined), and out-hearted by a 36 year old making nearly half.

It's all about heart. The Leafs just don't have it.

Also, outscoring each of the "core 4"....
Debrusk (5 points)
Pastrnak (4 points)
McAvoy (4 points)
Their core of 4 are all overpaid losers really. Including AM34. It's what it is, TML is stuck with that choice.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
The last 3 years the teams have been similar

Last year the Leafs lost to Florida in the second round, this year Boston might.

Yeah 6 years ago they were a better team than today. Completely different core too - Bergeron, Krejci, Krug, Chara, Rask/Halak.
So... your take here is that it's not really that bad in the 7 year frame because the Toronto young core wasn't ready to beat Peak Boston.

But now, over the last three years or so the Prime Leafs have only really done as much as aging Boston that has lost half of said core and are once again losing to them head-to-head. How is this a positive for you?

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
So... your take here is that it's not really that bad in the 7 year frame because the Toronto young core wasn't ready to beat Peak Boston.

But now, over the last three years or so the Prime Leafs have only really done as much as aging Boston that has lost half of said core and are once again losing to them head-to-head. How is this a positive for you?

I'm comparing both current cores. People are saying the current Boston core with Ullmark/Swayman have had more success than the Leafs core. They have not.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I'm comparing both current cores. People are saying the current Boston core with Ullmark/Swayman have had more success than the Leafs core. They have not.
They are very close to having more success.

But you should probably pick finer hairs to split, i dont think your current argument is fine enough. You could do better.

Reactions: Jeremy2020

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
it pains me.. PAINS me to give credit to the Montreal canadiens… because over the last 10 years I got to meet leafs fans… you guys f***ing suck!… next habs fan in the garden I’m buying a beer like seeing a long lost friend. Better than a smug half breed that knows nothing about hockey in a leafs jersey.. garbage humans
Yikes...seems like you need some help my man...hope you get it some day

Reactions: PlushMinus

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
They sure are right now.

Stop reaching so hard for a coping mechanism and take the L.

How are they right now? Because they're up in a series where the Leafs are getting .883 goaltending?

Sure - but the series isn't over.

• Haha
Reactions: Jeremy2020

LeveilleFan19

Jul 13, 2016
How are they right now? Because they're up in a series where the Leafs are getting .883 goaltending?

Regardless, what "success" have the Leafs had that is better than the Bruins?

What are you measuring for success? More regular season success? It can't be playoffs because Boston hasn't won a cup since '11. And the Leafs.....well, we all know that year.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Regardless, what "success" have the Leafs had that is better than the Bruins?

What are you measuring for success? More regular season success? It can't be playoffs because Boston hasn't won a cup since '11. And the Leafs.....well, we all know that year.

Neither had much success.

Both teams made it to the second round once since Boston went to Swayman/Ullmark and the Leafs went to Samsonov/Woll/Murray. I agree that Boston has the much better goaltending.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009

Goaltender's a member of the team, isn't he? What are you even talking about? Now we're looking at the next goaltender (not that he's a good one) in a long list of fall guys so that the Leafs can make excuses for a plainly broken roster?

They're "doing it" right now because by your 3 year window if they're really deadlocked, the advantage obviously goes to the team up 3-1 in the current series. The reason you don't want to use a 7-8 year window is due to the relative ages of the cores.

If that's how this goes, the fact that Boston has lost core players and are much older than the prime Leafs works even harder against the Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad