Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
A tale of two franchises.

Boston won the Cup in 2011. Shortly thereafter they fired their GM Chiarelli and moved probably their top young offensive player in Seguin because they didn’t think he fit the Bruins model.

Toronto gets eliminated in the first round for 7 or so straight years and makes it to the second round once and the result is that they move around some depth players.

And neither team had any playoff success since.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
After watching the Leafs get dominated vs Florida last year when they finally won that series, and now back to this against the Bruins, I'm not sure how you convince yourself the Leafs will ever achieve anything with this core of players.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
You're comparing Boston's playoff resume to Leafs for the past 8-ish years based on that comment?

If we're going back 8 years, sure - but it's a completely different team.

8 years ago the Leafs didn't even have this core.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Did the Leafs even have a single grade A chance before that game was effectively over. I think it’s less that they lost but the manner in which they lost. They were never even in a game that was pretty much a must win game for them.
That’s 10 of the last 11 playoff games with 2 or fewer goals now.

Reactions: Morgoth

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Okay, let's just do 7 years then.

7 years is a long time though.

So we're comparing the success of Toronto's rookie core vs Boston's peak core? Boston had more.

When the Toronto core started entering their prime the last 3 years - the success has been equal.

Oh, so we are limiting it to the last 3 years now? Why not10? Or 20? Or 50? :biglaugh:

Because the original post had nothing to do with that. They were talking about the Leafs core who wasn't even born 30 years ago or drafted 10 years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Because the original post had nothing to do with that. They were talking about the Leafs core who wasn't even born 30 years ago.

Need I remind you who the "Leafs core" was that Boston went through to get to the Stanley Cup Finals in 2019? Urrr, derrrr.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
The last 3 years the teams have been similar

Last year the Leafs lost to Florida in the second round, this year Boston might.

Need I remind you who the "Leafs core" was that Boston went through to get to the Stanley Cup Finals in 2019? Urrr, derrrr.

Yeah 6 years ago they were a better team than today. Completely different core too - Bergeron, Krejci, Krug, Chara, Rask/Halak.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
I thought I hated the Habs, but growing up playing hockey in French Canada I loved the Habs and the non-Montreal habitants… but man… the leafs and their shitbag loser fans.. just awful … you are gross

Is there a bigger shitbag loser franchise in all pro sports? Name one! Entitled. Think there’re actually elite, and have never won SHIT
I disagree that their fans are losers. Some are way too homer, but that goes for every club out there. It's disappointing to see actual results don't seem to matter to some as they continue to parade their regular season heroes.

Plenty of good Leaf fans even responding to this topic right now.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I thought I hated the Habs, but growing up playing hockey in French Canada I loved the Habs and the non-Montreal habitants… but man… the leafs and their shitbag loser fans.. just awful … you are gross

Is there a bigger shitbag loser franchise in all pro sports? Name one! Entitled. Think there’re actually elite, and have never won SHIT
Stay classy there tiger.

Reactions: PlushMinus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad