Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The irony in saying this when the other poster is comparing Pastrnak's points to Nylander and you're liking their posts :laugh:

He's better than Marchand for sure, but no where close to Nylander
You actually used David Pastrnak as a comparable loss to William Nylander.

He has more points than Marchand, but I take Marchands complete game any day of the week.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
This one?

“It’s probably similar to Boston missing McAvoy or Pastrnak”

Exactly, see that word between their names?

Nylander is Toronto's second best player this year. Some argue McAvoy is better than Pastrnak - so I leave it up to you to determine who's Boston's second best player. You clearly think McAvoy - so Pastrnak wouldn't apply to you.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Exactly, see that word between their names?

Nylander is Toronto's second best player this year. Some argue McAvoy is better than Pastrnak - so I leave it up to you to determine who's Boston's second best player. You clearly think McAvoy - so Pastrnak wouldn't apply to you.
You’re moving goal posts now.

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
So who is Nylander equivalent to?

I named two players and said pick the worse one. You refuse Pastrnak, so it's McAvoy.
I don’t think there’s a fair comp. The drop off after Pastrnak in Boston is disgustingly huge, and after Coyle/zacha/Marchand it’s mostly solid role players

The top end talent in Toronto is better, but the sum of the parts in Boston is greater than the whole. Or however that saying goes lol

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
I don’t think there’s a fair comp. The drop off after Pastrnak in Boston is disgustingly huge, and after Coyle/zacha/Marchand it’s mostly solid role players

The top end talent in Toronto is better, but the sum of the parts in Boston is greater than the whole. Or however that saying goes lol

That's why I started that post by saying the teams are built differently.

Nylander is more valuable to Toronto than he would be to Boston who doesn't rely on outscoring their problems. It's equivalent to Boston missing their second best player, whoever you think that is.

No, I don’t think you understand. I never said that you said it’s the same as losing both guys.

You directly compared the loss of Nylander to Pastnark. You literally said that.

Read the post again:
Yeah the teams are built different. The Leafs were a high scoring team missing one of their key scorers. They’re built to outscore their problems but lost their second best scorer.

It’s probably similar to Boston missing McAvoy or Pastrnak.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Nylander is more valuable to Toronto than he would be to Boston who doesn't rely on outscoring their problems. It's equivalent to Boston missing their second best player, whoever you think that is.

Read the post again.
I would disagree though. Feels to me like “the second best player” missing in Boston would be a great deal worse than losing Nylander.

Like i said it’s not an even comparison. At all

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

Read the post again:
Is McAvoy a more valuable player as a whole to Nylander?

Is Pastrnak a more valuable player than Nylander?

Rydan

Oct 23, 2018

Read the post again:
Probably Lindholm then. losing him would create a 25min defensive hole. thats pretty big dont know if its as big as Nylanders scoring.

Reactions: wintersej

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Read the post again:
Every team is built on out scoring their opponent... its literally how you win

get some sleep bud

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Nylander is the second best player on the Leafs, sure.

I don’t think it’s the same as the Bruins losing McAvoy or Pastrnak, like at all.

Who is the second best player on the Bruins to you?

You clearly don't realize how good Nylander has been this year, and in general in the playoffs for the Leafs.

He's a top 10 scorer in the NHL this year. Those players are highly valuable to every team.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Probably McAvoy or Swayman, honestly. Both who I hold as much more important than Nylander.

I'm sure you feel that way but Nylander's value to the Leafs would be equivalent to their value to the Bruins. Top 10 NHL scorer - not easy to replace.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Nor is an elite #1 d-man and the games second best goal scorer.

That's the entire point. That's how big of a loss Nylander is.

Boston fans act like the Leafs lost some 4th liner. Outside of Pastrnak, Nylander would lead all Bruins forwards in basically every stat.

Boston has no forward equivalent of Nylander if you exclude Pastrnak because the teams built differently.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

Boston fans act like the Leafs lost some 4th liner.
No one is saying that. I think Nylander is a fantastic player, but I completely disagree with him being as important as McAvoy and Pastrnak.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
No one is saying that. I think Nylander is a fantastic player, but I completely disagree with him being as important as McAvoy and Pastrnak.

That's your take. The Leafs fans feel differently. Nylander was their top scorer for 80% of the season on a line with Tavares and Bertuzzi.

• Haha
Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Boston fans act like the Leafs lost some 4th liner. Outside of Pastrnak, Nylander would lead all Bruins forwards in basically every stat.

Boston has no forward equivalent of Nylander if you exclude Pastrnak because the teams built differently.
But Nylander isn’t on the Bruins, which you established long ago that these teams are constructed wildly different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad