Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
I think Boston is built differently. Boston has Forbort and Peeke out on the D side and they can handle it. Toronto would have a real tough time if 1/3 of the top 6 was out.

Yeah the teams are built different. The Leafs were a high scoring team missing one of their key scorers. They’re built to outscore their problems but lost their second best scorer.

It’s probably similar to Boston missing McAvoy or Pastrnak.

• Haha
Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
It is similar to the teams build.

The only player close to Nylander’s points is Pastrnak. McAvoy is closer to Nylander’s value than Marchand who Nylander outscored by over 30 points.
Thats not how its measured. McAvoy is much more valuable than Nylander. Marchand is more valuable in a 7 game series as well. Get real.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Thats not how its measured. McAvoy is much more valuable than Nylander. Marchand is more valuable in a 7 game series as well. Get real.

So who's comparable to Nylander on the Bruins?

We know you hate the Leafs but that's a ridiculous take. No one takes Marchand over a top 10 scorer in the NHL.

• Haha
Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
The league should warn both teams through back channels...next dive is going to be a penalty.

once you call it they will stop but the refs haven't controlled the game very well at all.
They won't even close the Vegas LTIR salary cap loophole, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Your comparison is ridiculous.

Name who you think the equivalent of Nylander is on the Bruins. You refuse to name anyone because you know your take holds no weight.

Ok, let’s relax a bit with that last line.

In value to the team it is.

Nylander was the Leafs 2nd best player this year. Who's Boston's second best player this year? I named 2 players, pick the second.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Name who you think the equivalent of Nylander is on the Bruins. You refuse to name anyone because you know your take holds no weight.

Nylander was the Leafs 2nd best player this year. Who's Boston's second best player this year? I named 2 players, pick the second.
You compared it to losing a 60 goal, 100 point guy. Pastrnak had like 50 points more than the next closest Bruin. He’s just better.

Rydan

Oct 23, 2018

Swayman/Ullmark. they cant play both... so every game they are missing their second best player. happy?

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Imagine thinking losing Nylander is the same as losing Pastrnak, lol.

The only player close to Nylander's points on Boston is Pastrnak. If it's not Pastrnak, then you got to go to McAvoy who is much better than Marchand.

• Haha
Reactions: Ladyfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad