Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyBerts

Oct 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
The league is so tight nowadays. I’m surprised more people aren’t understanding missing a healthy Nylander is a massive blow. He was their #2 threat this season and for some of the season he was the #1 guy.

GigaChad

Oct 9, 2013
Still can't but laught at this:

1714064682171.png

These guys just don't have what it takes to win in the playoffs.
Marner in particular, what a dud.

Boston in 5

Mar 26, 2010
come on mannnnnn, anything can happen, lesser leafs teams took better bruins teams to the brink each time.
Goaltending… Toronto has piss poor goaltending. Samsonov is a loser.

Boston has 2 world class goaltenders including the guy who won the Vezina last season.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
You do realize that when reputable reporters post something from "unnamed sources" they're not literally posting random things from people whose name they don't know, right?

They're instead posting things that were told to them on the condition the reporter not publish who told them because it could get them fired since they're not supposed to talk about it.
This is a thing that does not exist. Source: years of working in journalism.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I dunno how many of you have suffered with migraines, but it can be awful. Mine are rare and are usually 12-24 hours of hell followed by sensitivity that can bring it back for a few days. I'm lucky it's rare and short, but for folks that get them all the time it's a really rough existence.
ands its usually chronic and doesn't abide by a schedule. it just happens when it happens and you better not be doing anything far from home when it does happen.

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
That’s because most of the chest-thumpers are conspicuously absent today.
To be fair to the leaf fans, the vast majority of the chest pumpers are trolls that hate the bruins . I think most leaf fans have been pretty realistic and even keeled about this series.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
The two plays that really bothered me were the slam matthews took and that domi didn't get a penalty for accidently on purpose knocking sway down. I'd expect those calls on either side. Refs are weird.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Boson will have a tough time with Florida in round 2. Not sure who is going to win that. If Swayman plays the way he is now he could steal that series. He is absolutely brilliant.

Only Washington and NYI were going to be easy series. The team winning the East is earning it this season.

Reactions: Score8

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I honestly think the Leafs are trying way to hard to play Boston's game than play their own. They need play their style if they want to have a chance. Two of Boston's goals last night had two leafs players more involved in the scrum than the actual play.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
To be fair to the leaf fans, the vast majority of the chest pumpers are trolls that hate the bruins . I think most leaf fans have been pretty realistic and even keeled about this series.
I have a friend who is a true believer in the leafs and picked 50% of his pool for the leafs. This is called putting your money where your heart is. Even he isn't responding to my trolling anymore which makes me kind of sad. It's like an abusive relationship. They expect to get hit by the team they love.

NoelVilla

Feb 25, 2019
This is still an open outcome for me. But with that said Leafs really have to change direction if they don't win this.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I find with Leaf fans that 25% of them are the coolest, smartest, and most easygoing people you can talk about hockey with, but the Internet is overwhelmed by the other 75% who are just completely delusional trolls that you can't help enjoy their losses and stir them up a little bit in the banter.

Basically the two types of Toronto fans are the actual Steve Dangle and the exagerrated character Steve Dangle plays on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad