Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafAttack

Feb 18, 2019
I don't think that's something Toronto can just start doing.
They better ...they still think all their goals have to be beautiful like in the regular season.This team still not getting it,and from their coach.These guys including the coach must have watched dozens of ugly playoff winning games...ugly goals...fluky goals etc.

Visnovsky

Aug 20, 2010
Finland
I struggle to understand a few things:

- How in the world is Bertuzzi so bad with the puck? He whiffs almost every pass and shot he gets
- Marner, after all these years, why can't you just shoot the puck once in a while, and not send the odd muffin towards the goal?
- Powerplay... we're missing Nylander obviously, but that's no excuse, gotta score in these one goal games

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
Just catching up on this game this morning. The Leafs have two lines, the first and the fourth. The energy these two give is completely different to the second and third lines. When they are on, chaos occurs and when they are not everything seems slow and flat.

Special teams for both sides are the opposite. Boston know their plan and play to it, the Leafs don't seem to have a plan. Sloppy passing caused two shorthand chances for Boston but more baffling is why at one stage the Leafs had 2 D on their powerplay but didn't have 2/3 of their first line on it. How many teams don't have at least 2 of their first line (who have looked good) on the PP1. Bizarre.

Marner gets a lot of criticism but I can see why here. He has done little in three games and it is mindblowing he is the same size as Pastrnak when Pastrnak is hitting guys left and right, whilst Marner seems invisible. Some guys play bigger than their size, Marner plays smaller.

Samsonov isn't good but he was a .909 in the game, that should give you a chance even with a soft goal or two.

Reactions: John Mandalorian

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
I struggle to understand a few things:

- How in the world is Bertuzzi so bad with the puck? He whiffs almost every pass and shot he gets
- Marner, after all these years, why can't you just shoot the puck once in a while, and not send the odd muffin towards the goal?
- Powerplay... we're missing Nylander obviously, but that's no excuse, gotta score in these one goal games
Leafs are up 2-1 with Nylander in, he would give them a better third line and they probably get a PP goal as he adds another good shot besides Matthews

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Leafs are up 2-1 with Nylander in, he would give them a better third line and they probably get a PP goal as he adds another good shot besides Matthews
Oh what complete rubbish - maybe Nylander would have made a bad defensive play leading to a Boston goal in Game #2 and Boston would actually be up 3-0 at this point. :dunno:

Burkeocet

Nov 2, 2019
As a leafs fan, if they do lose this series I hope they lose it big time and Marner continues to be invisible. Paying him 13m and doubling down on this group will never result in a win. This core needs a major shakeup and a coaching change.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Well...... Good Game Bruins that was a solid game overall and u guys came out on top.

I swear that take down behind the net was the exact same move that injured Knies last year. not sure why those dont get called.
that gets called and there's a chance one of them doesnt go in. maybe things would have gone to OT

oh well moving on. hope they can win Game 4

Leafs are at a big disadvantage on special teams. PK is terrible and the pp is just as bad.
dont we have a top PP in the league? dont give me this disadvantage crap. they gotta find a way to score more than 1 if they arent planning on shutting out the Bruins which shouldnt be the game plan.

they just gotta find away to beat Swayman

Reactions: DimitriL07

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
we could lose just as easily with Nylander in the lineup. chances are he wont be 100% either. this isnt and was never going to be an easy series. they gotta battle and get some puck luck too.

but gotta score more than 1 on Swayman if they seriously wanna win

They don’t let Matthews run it tbh, he’s good enough to set up the play and make the shot. Too much Tavares too.
Tavares has been good though. number 1 on the team right now in takeaways. they need to find away to score more than 1 or 2 goals.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Keefe needs to have his come to Jesus moment and realize Marner isn’t going and move him to pp 2

jiitu

Jun 17, 2013
Its mindblowing how some canadian teams still thinks after so many years of failure that putting too much money on too few players would bring some result.

Reactions: nORRis8

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1714042075192.png

1714042088028.png

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Well...... Good Game Bruins that was a solid game overall and u guys came out on top.

I swear that take down behind the net was the exact same move that injured Knies last year. not sure why those dont get called.
that gets called and there's a chance one of them doesnt go in. maybe things would have gone to OT

dont we have a top PP in the league? dont give me this disadvantage crap. they gotta find a way to score more than 1 if they arent planning on shutting out the Bruins which shouldnt be the game plan.

Leafs PP was 7th overall this season, but a lot of that was early season strength. They were awful down the stretch.

Their PK has been awful all year

Schennanigans

Dec 26, 2008
Etobicoke, on

all I’m saying is the bruins have a clear edge over us in that. As well as goaltending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad